It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculation Grows On Michelle Obama Senate Run 2016

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vortiki
I wasn't aware that being married to the president was enough political credentials to carry a position of office.

Has this woman ever ran a business, handled a budget that wasn't running away, had any sort of schooling in law, or ever served in our military?

What does she plan to accomplish as a senator, revamping the senate's cafeteria?

I'm not buying it.

Ummm....Yes she has. She is much more than just the wife of the President.

en.wikipedia.org...

Following law school, she was an associate at the Chicago office of the law firm Sidley Austin, where she first met her future husband. At the firm, she worked on marketing and intellectual property.[4] She continues to hold her law license, but as she no longer needs it for her work, it has been on a voluntary inactive status since 1993.[52][53]

In 1991, she held public sector positions in the Chicago city government as an Assistant to the Mayor, and as Assistant Commissioner of Planning and Development. In 1993, she became Executive Director for the Chicago office of Public Allies, a non-profit organization encouraging young people to work on social issues in nonprofit groups and government agencies.[23] She worked there nearly four years and set fundraising records for the organization that still stood 12 years after she left.[21]

In 1996, she served as the Associate Dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago, where she developed the University's Community Service Center.[54] In 2002, she began working for the University of Chicago Hospitals, first as executive director for community affairs and, beginning May 2005, as Vice President for Community and External Affairs.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Have you taken a look at her college thesis? YIKES! The grammatical and syntax errors ... the content ... Absolutely not college level material let alone a 'thesis'.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
This is like a "Tell me the pattern game".
Bush Clinton 0bama
Bush Clinton 0bama

This site has had discussions as to if America is a Republic or a Democracy or an Oligarchy. As more time goes on, I'm more inclined to believe it is an Oligarchy. The fact that Hillary is going to run .... Jeb is going to run .... and now we've got Michelle maybe going to run as well as Chelsea Clinton talking about it ... I mean, comeon. We have 400 million people in this country. There has to be more (AND BETTER) talent then these handful of families ....

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Yeah, really a Titan in the world.

Can't wait till the idiots vote her in and what fantastic Govt failures she can produce.

Maybe her and Barack can compete with on a poster-board graph, showing how many scandals and failures each can come up with.....uhhhh I know, how about how many times each can blame Bush for something.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

This site has had discussions as to if America is a Republic or a Democracy or an Oligarchy.

Make no mistake WE ARE A DEMOCRACY.

Democracy is mob rule.

And the mob uses that 'majority' to give themselves 'free' stuff.

edit on 6-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I am certain that michael can beat any of the other first ladies in an arm wrestle, hands down. Shoot, probably most of the prezzies as well. Also i remember something about being dis barred or have the law license taken away. a reply to: neo96

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I am not supporting of the assertions of "what makes her qualified". I believe that any reasonably intelligent person should be able to legislate law. The desire to have "experts" doing all our stuff seems to be part of the problem in DC to begin with.

I am not surprised, either. She is right up there with Hillary on the most politically active first ladies. And comparisons don't really stop there.

Her statements and activities are every bit as scary to me as that of her husbands. If anything, she is more radical than he is politically.

I would rather her win a seat with a watered down vote than to have the singular authority of the office her husband currently has. And that job really does need some qualifications. It is a little more than the guys representing their districts back home.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki

I wasn't aware that being married to the president was enough political credentials to carry a position of office.

Anyone can run... that's the point.

Has this woman ever ran a business, handled a budget that wasn't running away, had any sort of schooling in law, or ever served in our military?

Are you serious with that question? At least read her wikipedia page.
edit on 6-6-2014 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: manna2
Also i remember something about being dis barred or have the law license taken away.

No, you do not remember that, it is something you just made up!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Somehow, this is a very us-american-style problem. Angela Merkels husband wouldn't ever think of this.. Okay, Merkel is allowed to accept for more than 2 votings.

Seems to be the problem with putting too much power in one hand - the whole family wants more and more of it.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Oh god no !!

+ 1000

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: kruphix
Are you kidding or trolling?

ATS Discussion Forum - What did FLOTUS Say?
You are new here. So here's some background on the issue for you.

but,,,,

"What is Michelle Obama saying during the 9/11 flag ceremony?"

its been wipped from existence,,

oh oh,,

top topics

<< 1   >>

join