It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculation Grows On Michelle Obama Senate Run 2016

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Oh god no !! I hope this is just the usual far left NBC shill machine at work pushing their buddies along. But perhaps not. A (left wing) poll was done that shows Michelle Obama beating Sen. Kirk by a wide margin. If she wasn't thinking about running before this ... she may be thinking about it now.

NBC Chicago - Speculation Builds on Michelle Obama Senate Run

It's not the first time Obama has been mentioned as a potential senatorial candidate, but that speculation has always focused beyond 2016. And the First Lady herself has never publicly indicated any interest in seeking political office. But just like a senator named Barack Obama who decided to run for president in 2008 when many thought he should wait his turn, politics are often about timing. There's also that 2012 Public Polling Policy survey showing the first lady picking up 51 percent of the vote against Kirk's 40 percent if they were to run.

NBC Chicago Reporting PPP (left wing) Poll

t’s only hypothetical this point, but a survey done by Public Policy Polling gives Mrs. Obama the lead over Sen. Mark Kirk 51 to 40 percent, should she choose to challenge Kirk in 2016 for an Illinois senate seat. From PPP.

If Michelle Obama decided she wanted to follow the Hillary Clinton route once her husband leaves office in 2016 and go to the Senate, she'd have the upper hand on Mark Kirk. She leads him 51/40 in a hypothetical head to head. Kirk's approval numbers are ok with 34% of voters approving of him to 19% who disapprove. But those numbers are no match for the first lady, who's seen positively by 60% of voters to 33% with a negative one.

Is Michelle Running For Senate?

First Lady Michelle Obama is everywhere. She’s traveling to China. She’s raising money for Democrats. She’s issuing plaintive tweets seeking the rescue of the kidnapped Nigerian girls.

She’s wading uncharacteristically deep into the Washington political mud pit to defend her school lunch program against Republicans, assailing them last Tuesday for opting to “play politics with our kids’ health.” She struck a similar tone in a New York Times op-ed two days later, accusing Republicans of trying to “override science” and suggesting they join parents and “put our children’s interests first.”

So what’s with the bolder profile?

Some of what she is doing could be attributed to 'First Lady Duties'. A whole lot can be attributed to her squeezing free trips for the family out of the US taxpayer (she even brings her mother on the lavish trips). Some could point to outright typical pre-election-run campaigning. I don't think she'll be running in 2016 ... at least I hope not. Seriously though .. I"m not seeing big signs of it, but you never know.

Michelle Obama Flashback .... Memorial Ceremony at the World Trade Center Site - 'all this for a damn flag?'

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Maybe she can push for more healthful meals in the Senate Dining Room.

I am sure her picks will be just as popular there as they are at public schools.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Sadly, she'll win in a landslide. The great State of $hitcago will get her elected!

Quinn got elected by winning two counties out of 102. Yes, 100 counties out of 102 voted against that loser and he still won. Man I hate Hellinois...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I just threw up.

Can we please get rid of these morons??

This is like a "Tell me the pattern game".
Bush
Clinton
0bama
Bush
Clinton
0bama

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

She would win hands down if she ran in Illinois. The Chicago vote wipes out everything else and she would generate huge voter turnout in Chicago.

And then this...

Michelle Obama Flashback .... Memorial Ceremony at the World Trade Center Site - 'all this for a damn flag?'

Are you kidding or trolling?

Please don't tell me you actually believe that is what she said.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Sadly, she'll win in a landslide. The great State of $hitcago will get her elected!

Quinn got elected by winning two counties out of 102. Yes, 100 counties out of 102 voted against that loser and he still won. Man I hate Hellinois...

Then you should probably move, because it isn't going to change anytime soon.

Winning counties where there are more cows than people really isn't saying much.

Michelle Obama would do the exact same thing...except by larger margins. Pat Quinn wouldn't inspire people to get out to vote...Michelle along with Barack campaigning for her would generate huge turnout across the state.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Nobody thought Hillary would have won her NY senate seat and didn't bother to vote.I remember everyone being shocked the next day when she actually won.She went on to be a major player in Washington for good or bad.
edit on CDTFriam51161 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

so what?....just because a lot of land is owned, with very few people that actually live on it, doesn't entitle you to win elections.....one poor persons vote living in a city apartment is equal to one persons vote that's owns 10,000 acres of land....if you don't believe in that, move out of the US

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

ATS Discussion Forum - What did FLOTUS Say?
You are new here. So here's some background on the issue for you.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

WTF? Move out of the US?

You do know that there's more to Illinois than Cows, corn, beans and Chicago, right?

Illinois has 12.8 million people and they aren't all in Chicago.

Here's a link for you and Kruphix to study. You can click what ever County or City you like and see what the populations are..
quickfacts.census.gov...

We're not all farmer Bobs with 10,000 acres and a bunch of Cows.

--------------------------

Back on topic, what qualifications does Michelle have to be a Senator? I get that she would win in a landslide because people are idiotic sheep and don't research their candidate. It's sad really.

Illinois is in bad enough shape as it is. It would be a crying shame if she becomes a Senator.

And no, moving is not an option. So stop with that BS...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This country has already had too much of the Obama's.

It sure the hell doesn't need another one effing it over.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
This country has already had too much of the Obama's.

It sure the hell doesn't need another one effing it over.

True that.Same can be said of the Clinton's as well.Maybe Michelle is trying to follow Hillary's career path after her first lady run ends.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

We've entered a stage in our development where we now have "celebrity leaders".

They have no qualifications, no apparent history of actually leading or managing, but based on their gender/ethnicity/popularity, they become eligible for leadership positions.

The danger here may not be as apparent if we had "celebrity surgeons" doing spinal fusions, but this is a danger to everyone on the planet!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I wasn't aware that being married to the president was enough political credentials to carry a position of office.

Has this woman ever ran a business, handled a budget that wasn't running away, had any sort of schooling in law, or ever served in our military?

What does she plan to accomplish as a senator, revamping the senate's cafeteria?

I'm not buying it.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki

I wasn't aware that being married to the president was enough political credentials to carry a position of office.

Don't feel lonesome.
The State of New York elected Hillary to the US Senate with only that qualification, so apparently a majority of the registered voters there weren't aware either.

edit on bu302014-06-06T14:38:41-05:0002America/ChicagoFri, 06 Jun 2014 14:38:41 -05002u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vortiki

Has this woman ever ran a business, handled a budget that wasn't running away, had any sort of schooling in law, or ever served in our military?

What does she plan to accomplish as a senator, revamping the senate's cafeteria?

I'm not buying it.

She is a Black, Woman, Progressive that is married to a Black, Male Progressive.
Guess that is all that is needed to run for office.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Vortiki

Don't feel lonesome.
The State of New York elected Hillary to the US Senate with only that qualification, so apparently a majority of the registered voters there weren't aware either.

Thats true.But at least Hillary had a law degree.Michelle plays in the white house garden, doesn't she?
edit on CDTFripm5461 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
[Michelle plays in the white garden, doesn't she?

Actually, she doesn't. She pays people to play in the white house vegetable garden. When the sequester cuts hit last summer, the White House vegetable garden went unattended and was overgrown. Story Here

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61
Michelle is a lawyer. She earned her Juris Doctor from Harvard in 1988.
Her and Barack both 'voluntarily' put their law licenses on inactive status in Illinois some years ago.
That said, I don't think that qualifies her for the Senate.

Me thinks we have too many lawyers in Congress already.
edit on b000000302014-06-06T15:13:23-05:0003America/ChicagoFri, 06 Jun 2014 15:13:23 -0500300000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: kruphix

ATS Discussion Forum - What did FLOTUS Say?
You are new here. So here's some background on the issue for you.

LOL, ok.

First of all, you shouldn't use another thread in the same discussion forum as a "source" for your truth...that is just silly.

Second, I read that thread...first couple pages and last couple pages. It does seem like there is a consensus on what was said...and it isn't what you have said at all. You should actually be ashamed of yourself for attempting to spread lies.

In the thread you linked, someone else posted a link to a forum for DEAF PEOPLE who read lips all the time...here it is if you want to check it out: www.alldeaf.com...

Their consensus...."It's amazing how they fold that flag."

So yes, I still stand by my original assessment...I think you are trolling.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join