It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox guest: White liberals like Neil deGrasse Tyson so much ‘he could defecate on them’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I just dont understand the hatred toward Mr. Tyson.

He isnt a political figure. What makes him get involved in the political squabble over evolution, and anthropogenic climate change is the groups of right wingers and rigious zealots who consistently misrepresent science.

Largely I am conservative. But the right wing insistance on marginalizing scientific data, misrepresenting science in general, and bad mouthing scientists in particular really pisses me off.

Libertarians do it too. When will I find some rational conservatism? Pro individual liberty, gun rights, science? When will I find some conservatives who, like liberals, want to rule every aspect of life?

I feel very politically alone. Being a conservative who understands and accepts scientific data and understands the difference between an unproven hypothesis and the word theory is all but nonexistent.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
To be honest when the Cosmos first came out I was disappointed that Levar Burton was not the host. After watching an episode and researching Tyson's background it is obvious why he is the host.

Why Fox News is trying to spread hate for Tyson is beyond me. My best guess is they do not like science and do not like to have an educated audience.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

The reason fox hates him is simple. He is "pushing" ( really just informing people) that evolution and climate change due to CO2 are not guesses or hypothesis's, they are facts.

Fox is conservative and a lot of conservatives deny evolution and climate change. So some one not political who is informing people about those things are docs worst nightmares.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

What does this dumbell do for the world?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ahahahahah the funniest part is the dude is right. They worship Tyson like he's a god. And the Martin Bashir defecate slam was spot on.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I just dont understand the hatred toward Mr. Tyson.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't hate him... I'm just sick of him. Every time he opens his mouth twitter heads, instagrammers, and ATSers are fawning all over it like he's Jesus.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I do not believe it is wise to mentally conflate the man, with the behaviour of those who respect his work. I think, despite the aggravation it causes, that it IS a good thing that people are discussing science broadly, and are being introduced to it, or having their understanding augmented by current interest levels, and the renewed effort to bring science into the homes of the television viewing public.

Much of the recent upsurge in the popularity of Neil deGrasse Tyson, is down to Cosmos. I have outlined my feelings on that show already, and I will not reiterate for the sake of brevity. However, the fact is that as little as I personally value the show, I do accept that it is not only bringing the people more Neil deGrasse Tyson, but it is being viewed by persons who may not have heard of the wonders of the universe in even the merest fashion, beyond what they were told in high school.

For every person like me, what amounts to an armchair science buff, who sees the show and is bored by it, there will be a hundred or more people out there having a mind expanding experience while watching the show, purely because data is being provided that the viewer did not previously have at their disposal, or at least fills out some of the gaps in their understanding.

In that way, the show is doing a sterling job, by engaging a less informed veiwership. The twitter action and all that, is merely a response to people being effected by the information directed toward them, and getting people talking about scientific issues is something that needed to be happening for the last twenty years in much greater profusion than it has been.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I like him. His passion for science and bringing attention to scientific endeavors is something I haven't seen since Carl Sagan. If anything we need more guys like him with the same passion for bringing scientific awareness to the nation and the world.

edit on pFri, 06 Jun 2014 15:55:34 -050020146America/Chicago2014-06-06T15:55:34-05:0030vx6 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I like him. His passion for science and bringing attention to scientific endeavors is something I haven't seen since Carl Sagan. If anything we need more guys like him with the same passion for bringing scientific awareness to the nation and the world.

Seconded. He's an educator and we need a damn sight more of them. He has enthusiasm, he's intelligent, he has a drive to inform, he's articulate. Can someone please clone him?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Well I'm white and certainly would not allow Neil deGrasse or anyone else to defecate on me, maybe i'm not liberal?

Do you agree with this guy, Neil deGrasse is the worst thing to happen to humanity? or this guy is the proof there is no intelligent life on earth. Stay Classy white supremacist fox news guest.

You just aren't liberal enough. I would totally let him do it, and then ask for seconds. If you threw Sylvester Gates into the mix then I could die a happy a man. The point is that I am weird. But the other point is that Fox News survives on this type of garbage, and it is sickening in a network that receives so many views. That means there are millions of people who actually digest this stuff. They work it into their belief system somehow I'm sure.

I refuse to watch any news outlet that does anything other than present the news. What happened to fair and balanced anyway? Investigative journalism has been replaced mostly by these types of topical analyses, which are just playing into the beliefs of the ignorant in my personal opinion. I do not think anyone can be a truly "great" person without a hefty dose of liberality.

I think what gets me the most is the fact that this stuff passes for news. And there are proper ways to express disagreement, which is something that seems completely lost on Fox News. The "debate" tactics of conservative puppets like Bill Oreilly are absolutely ludicrous as well. I mean this is just taking things to a whole new low in my opinion. I mean let's focus on the important things in the world, and then try to present BOTH sides of an issue. It is not difficult at all. I guess I was naturally blessed with the ability to empathize and understand where other people are coming from, and it is difficult for me sometimes to see how certain people treat others. I'm not saying I've never been guilty of saying stupid things, but I am not watched by millions of people either, and therefore I do not have as much responsibility.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Then support him.

He understands all is one. That is his perspective. His "audience" is like talking to a bunch of kindergarteners being introduced to the deepest fundamental truths of reality.

Personally I'm shocked the whole production crew was so patient.

Lets cut him some slack. :-)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Honestly,

Who gives a ratss asz?

Why is this even a story?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Honestly,

Who gives a ratss asz?

Why is this even a story?

Because a brainless cretin on Fox was extremely rude about a man who is far, far more intelligent than he is?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Way to go fox..stay classy..lmoa, one word for you..ignorance..fox defines/exemplifies it and wants everybody else there too.
How old was this moron, sounds like something out of a grade schooler.
I guess when you cant dazzle em with brilliance.. baffle them with outright stupid
edit on 8-6-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
As has been mentioned, this is basically what you're going to get if you watch Red Eye. Its well known for taking the low road and is, to some extent, intentionally insulting and offensive.

If there's some irony in all of this, 'Cosmos' is actually a series on the entertainment side of the FOX Broadcasting Company.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join