It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Infinite Intelligence exists, then every action is known and so is the future (no free-will)?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I would say we have free will to make the choice it's just that 'it' knows what we will choose.

Example:

I offer you the choice of 2 bags - bag 1 is full of money, bag 2 is full of excrement.

Now I know people will take bag 1 with the money in it.

Does this mean people did not have a free will and choice?

Of course not, anybody with experience of our culture would know the result of this experiment - how many of your friends would not take the money and if anybody actually has a friend who wouldn't then again you already 'know' their choice and reasoning.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ultimately free will is an illusion. Freedom and the illusion of free will exists because of ignorance, ironically.

The old phrase “ignorance is bliss applies here.

Indeed the future is pre-determined but our ignorance of that cosmic law and our ignorance of its working stands to make our life interesting, complex, and practical in the light of the cosmic truth of pre-determination.

Here is a thought experiment

If you buy a scratch off lottery ticket, does it make sense to pray to God that you win?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If there was a force of nature in the universe, that was all predicting, it wouldn't matter at all. Conscious or not.

We would still have the freedom of choice to do whatever we want, even if some phenomena could preordain the next set of movements, or even thoughts for that matter. Such an intelligence is hardly known to us, so mentally, or through perception we still have our freedom will. Even though in some quantum phenomena, we are left with a very short leash, and are forever bound to our frame.

Also, if we ever were to tap in such a calculating conscious, it could only lead to trouble. What would be a good example.... Take Anakin Skywalker in the third movie. He had visions of Padme dying, and his actions, though wanting to prevent her death, ended up leading to the visions realization.

I personally wouldn't mind have some hints in the future, but not enough to spoil its surprises. I've had similar experience once, it was sleep paralysis, and Deja Vu in one. However, it didn't mean anything to anyone except to me.

Forget the past and the future, just stay in the present, since it will always be a present.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

So? Free will exists and the all-knowing force already knows the outcome.

Which explains why it never communicates directly with creation.

Nothing prevents a single unit of creation from vibrating this or that way, or choosing from several various outcomes.

Nothing prevents the all-knowing force from knowing the outcome anyway and simply not saying, one way or another.

Seems simple enough (for a thought experiment).

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." - Revelation 1:81

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." - Einstein

Sorry, I'm trying to be poetic

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join