It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Counterfeiting Ancient Golden Objects, Can It Be Done?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

Well you of course heard of the family of counterfitters who tricked so many museums around the world with there fake egyptian artifacts made in a garden shed www.cracked.com... Third story down, it helped that he was obviously a talented artist though.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Here is some more info on the crystal skulls, for those interested.

Crystal Skulls - Bad Archaeology

Not a counterfeit being made but still a cool watch imo:

How the Golden Raft of El Dorado Was Crafted

Certainly if someone wanted to go through all the effort of creating counterfeit artifacts using ancient methods they could. Their motivation doesn't necessarily have to be money either.
edit on 6-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

There always has to be that contentious ignorant ape in the crowd with the pompous attitude that can't just say hey I think you made a mistake. The skulls of which you speak do they include the one tested by Marcel Vogel the scientist with 27 years at IBM? The ones with the strange frequency and no marks visible under microscope just a perfect smooth surface.

Not to sound pompous..but every time somebody tosses the word 'frequency' into a discussion like this, I feel compelled to ask "Frequency of what, exactly?".

As for the 'no marks visible under a microscope', you do realize that, by definition, you just described every microscope and telescope lens or mirror crafted since the late 1700's? It's hardly proof of alien origin, or even of cutting-edge technology...just proof of good craftsmanship and careful technique.

To pull this back onto the original topic of forged golden artifacts, almost anything can be forged, given enough time, effort, and money. The more valuable or significant an 'artifact' is, the more scrutiny it will attract, and thus, the higher the bar for proof of authenticity. The question isn't whether a forgery is possible (see previous statement above), but whether the reward for pulling off said forgery is greater than the effort required.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
DROPPIN FLAGS

CANARD POSTS☆ ส☆ ส☆ ส☆ ส☆ ส☆ ส☆ 
of course it can be done and it is being done by many vietnamese monks. however, their goal is to not make money, but reicate old objects

if one were to find out this method, it woulf be very lucrative

this is vsry exciting.for me because I am an avid purchaser of replicas
CANARD POSTS☆ ส☆ ส☆ ส☆ ส☆ ส☆ ส☆ 

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I read something somewhere about a British forger who was able to make gold/silver/ceramic forgeries of valuable antiques with flawless perfection, that they were able to fool the British Museum, and he did this in his garage.

He's since turned "good" but still makes these perfect forgeries, except this time on request, so that they don't have to exhibit the actual items.

I will see if I can dig it out later, Im on my cellphone atm.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join