It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Of Thrones WTH? No Good, Uber Evil, SOB

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalAccount2008

Where do I begin? I have many reasons lol.

1. Ultimately responsible for Khal Drogo's untimely death.
2. Has a power/ego complex like her brother did.
3. Feels entitled and lashes out when she doesn't get what she wants.

Who knows what she will become. I'm reading the second book now and she is a little less irritating to me there. She isn't as naive in the books (at least when it comes to how Jorah Mormont feels about her).
edit on 9-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I feel the same about her.

2. Has a power/ego complex like her brother did.

3. Feels entitled and lashes out when she doesn't get what she wants.

I liked her in the beginning, but now it seems like it's her way or the highway. I do like her guides though, Ser Barriston and Jorah. I was a bit ticked off when she banished Jorah.

Aside from the few other characters literally everyone likes, I also like a couple the "not-so-good" ones to.

(BTW I did read ahead awhile ago and know who's gonna do this or that, but wont mention anything)

I think The Hound is pretty hardcore. Didn't like him in the very beginning, but he became pretty badass after not too long.

I also like Ramsay Bolton (formerly Snow), mostly because he gave Theon what he deserved. His sense of humor is hilarious to.
edit on 9-6-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

Ramsey broke him bad didn't he? He doesn't know which way is up anymore. After what he did to the Starks I was happy for a bit... Then it was just sad.

I am beginning to like the Hound more and more as well. Arya really got her laugh in at the end, but it think he would have helped her anyway. I think he has a begrudging respect for her.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Ramsey broke him bad didn't he? He doesn't know which way is up anymore. After what he did to the Starks I was happy for a bit... Then it was just sad.

I am beginning to like the Hound more and more as well. Arya really got her laugh in at the end, but it think he would have helped her anyway. I think he has a begrudging respect for her.

Just a quick suggestion since you're reading a bit ahead - Don't really read too much into what's going to happen. I really only briefly skimmed over a few major points but decided to leave the details for me to find out whenever they happen in the show. I like to know what's going to happen to who, but leave the how and whys for a later date.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I haven't read ahead. I like to keep it all a surprise.

I guess when I said Arya got her laugh in the end it read like I looked ahead maybe. I meant when he got her to the castle and her aunt was dead.... He couldn't get the ransom. She laughed and laughed as it went off. He wasn't laughing though.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Yea, I interpreted that wrong now that I look at it.

To revise what I previously said - Keep doing what you're doing and don't look ahead!

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yes. There are other threads up to date on GoT, but I'm going to use this one of mine for the last episode and to say that I'm a little pissed that Arya left The Hound to suffer instead of giving him a quick death. I know he was bad, but he did good and he saved her life and helped her....

Still watching for the end.

Just a little pissed is all.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Yes. There are other threads up to date on GoT, but I'm going to use this one of mine for the last episode and to say that I'm a little pissed that Arya left The Hound to suffer instead of giving him a quick death. I know he was bad, but he did good and he saved her life and helped her....

Still watching for the end.

Just a little pissed is all.

I thought the Hound was pretty awesome. I also like Bre pretty much the same, so I didn't really choose sides on their fight. It's quite a bit different than the books, but they still managed to do okay with that part, although I would of rather liked it more if they followed the books on that one.

I wont give my other opinions until you've watched the rest until the end of this episode.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I'm done with the final episode now.

It's definitely good writing, because had The Hound died/been killed several episodes back, I probably would have cheered. Now... Not so much.
I just thought it was a little cruel for her to leave him to suffer after he did protect her for so long. Even when Bre said she was going to take her, he said no because he wasn't sure it was safe. There was really nobody left for him to get money from for her at that point, so I think he was still trying to protect her even then.

Of course, it didn't actually show his death, so maybe he will pull through? I am not sure since I haven't read the books.

I think Arya will be going where those dragons are and since her brother was told that "he will fly", maybe both of them will be able to control the dragons in some way?

It was a good episode. I am sad that we have to wait now. What did you think?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Who said the Hound died? Did you actually see him die?

For all intents and purposes he is dead though. There are some reasons why many readers of the books believe he actually survived. Though nothing definitive. Who knows other than GRRM?

I think Arya wants to become a faceless assassin, like she thought about the last time she talked to Jaqen H'ghar. If she does, that will be badass! She is already getting good with her little needle.

I'm also interested in what's going on with Bran.

I'm a little into book three now. Very soon I will pass where the show left off.
edit on 17-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: added more

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

That's what I said in my second post (today) above. I said they didn't actually show him die, so maybe he won't. I haven't read any of the books, so I have no clue. They left it hanging for sure though.

A faceless assassin would be pretty good. I really liked Jaqen. I don't know why, but I did. For his small part, I think he did really well.

I was glad to see big daddy get his from Tyrion as well. That's no less than what he deserves, especially considering how he treated him. I was scared I would see Tyrion executed so I was really happy that didn't happen.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Ah, my bad I must of missed that post.

I had always liked the Hound. At first just because of his gnarly scar and rough past. But more and more you see that somewhere buried deep in that hardened, brutal, murderous exterior, is a heart!

I can't wait for Cersei's reaction when she learns of Tywins death. I'm also glad Tyrion made it out. The episode really made me appreciate Varys a lot more.

One thing that did surprise me was when Stannis showed up at the Wall. I wasn't expecting that.

I really suggest the books though. The show is great but more and more I'm liking the details the books have time to give you.

edit on 17-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

The wall scene got me too! That was the last thing I was expecting!

I am really thinking about downloading the books. Seriously. I love to read and in my experience, books are generally FAR better than the movies/shows they spawn. I will definitely post if I start reading them. Right now I am trying to finish The Talisman.

As for Cersei? She will probably be glad he's dead. Then she won't have to argue further about the marriage. I still really can't get over the whole brother/sister deal. I find myself making the "Stink Face" every time they touch. lol

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
There's speculation out there that the Hound doesn't actually die, and shows up much later on. However, I haven't read that far and still think he's pretty much dead now.

Im not sure what Arya's going to do. I haven't read into what happens with her. I think she's going to become a badass swordfighter though, since she is going to Braddos (she does have that coin....).

As for Tyrion - it went the way I was thinking it was going to happen. Good stuff.

The Stannis thing seemed a bit rushed for me though, along with all the other stuff at the Wall. I mean, they just had an entire episode dedicated to the Wall. Why fill in a bunch more? I really thought they were going to leave the rest for the next season.

And one final thing - The Mountain and the poison. He's just laying there without making any noises. I thought he was supposed to be screaming at the top of his lungs from the pain of the venom? He's supposed to be locked away because of how horrible his screams are.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I do hope Arya does something good. I really like her as she is a tomboy like myself. I just keep worrying that she will turn somewhat cold hearted and evil. I don't know why though.

I had actually thought that The Mountain was dead. I guess not. His wounds did look a little.... ewww so who knows. I was surprised Cersei acted like she cared if he lived or not. That's kind of rare for her character.

I figured after Arya saw Bre fight that she would want to go with her so she could learn more about sword fighting and all. I hope they do actually meet back up and Bre takes her under her wing for training maybe.

I wish we didn't have to wait for next season, and I may just start reading the books for that alone!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
due to the rather monumental challenge of creating a series of 10 45 minuite screne plays from a 800 page book - some things have to be cut // condensed // clarified

my best advice - read the full series of books - and watch the TV adaptation - and just enjoy both

PS - no spoilers but a certain person who is assumed dead lives out his days as a grave digger

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I was surprised Cersei acted like she cared if he lived or not. That's kind of rare for her character

Only because he is a tool to be used in wielding power. At least that's how I see it. Her son was murdered, and now her father was murdered, and the one she believes responsible is nowhere to be found, but as far as she knows, still around, now plotting her demise.

She's going to be supremely paranoid, and sees the Mountain as a pretty safe bodyguard, no doubt. Whether the show goes this direction or not, who knows.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
She's going to be supremely paranoid, and sees the Mountain as a pretty safe bodyguard, no doubt. Whether the show goes this direction or not, who knows.

I'm pretty sure the guy cast as Gregor is returning as Robert Strong.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well wasn't it The Hound's Brother who died many times and came back to life? Well why not the Hound then? Course if anyone should be brought back, it's Khal Drogo. What a character. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

have you actually read any of the books or watched any of the series ?

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join