It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give The Panhandlers A Good Lookover!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hey, have you noticed something strange about the panhandlers that you normally wouldn't really take note of if you weren't paying close attention? Well, to make a further point about this thing I've noticed I have to go ahead and say that the sun has been affecting me a lot more than usual in the past. I have to protect myself with more UV coating than ever before and still, the sun makes me feel strangely sick. Especially in the sunrise and sunset hours. Why? I don't know. When the sun is at high noon it seems to affect me less that those other times.

So back to the panhandlers.

A few weeks ago I noticed this man who held up a cardboard sign while I was at a gas station. He caught my attention because he was a rather unhealthy looking bright red. So red that at the distance I saw him his skin appeared to be bleeding. Like the blood was oozing out of his skin in droplets too small to call it bleeding. I'm serious, this man was redder than a barn. I remember watching him make his rounds when the light turned red, he walked between the lanes in a counter-clockwise circle. Over and over again. I thought to myself that man must've been allergic to the sun or something because I've never seen the panhandlers get so nasty looking, and so quickly too!

Now today I had to do a lot of traveling around town. I'd seen several panhandlers today who were doing what I described of the first man: walking out into traffic with a cardboard sign. I've seen these people a bazillionjillion times so what was it that kept drawing my attention to them? All of these traffic panhandlers I saw today had the harshest looking tans I've ever seen. Now, I remember a family member of mine once fell asleep in a tanning bed and man oh man what tan that was. In comparison these panhandlers have exceeded that accidental salon tan that my family member got.

No, I'm dead serious. I've seen tons of panhandlers in this town both this year and last year and I'll tell you what, Summer has only begun and these people have harsher skin problems caused by the sun than they looked at the END of last Summer. So, really, I'm not joking around here. This sun funny business is happening. Whether it is publicly acknowledged or not, whether it's a big deal or not, like many important things that get ignored in America, it's happening.

This Maunder Minimum thing may sound like "hey, no sun spots so the sun is gonna be cooler" and whatnot but really, because sunflares are minimal at a 500 year low doesn't mean the sun hasn't switched over to another set of harmful UV rays or something similar and is slowly cooking mankind like a stuck pig over a firepit.

Go ahead, check out some panhandlers, you'll notice their tans are far worse that ever before!

I'll continue to wear sunscreen and bring a thick umbrella with me everywhere I go. Even if it makes me look ridiculous. Why? Because I care about my skin.

Any comments?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

Alcoholism and sunshine don't mesh well together. Not saying that's definitely going on there...but having been around quite the number of homeless living in Texas I will tell you that's more than likely the culprit.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Alcoholic "pan-handler" ? ....

Vascular effects of alcohol
Facial redness

One of the earliest signs of alcohol abuse is a persistently red face due to enlarged blood vessels (telangiectasia).
This appears because regulation of vascular control in the brain fails with sustained alcohol intake.

Flushing

Transient flushing is also a common side effect of alcohol, particularly in heavy drinkers. It is due to acetaldehyde, the main breakdown product of alcohol. Acetaldehyde is thought to cause flushing by stimulating release of histamine.

dermnetnz.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

Give them some peanuts or peanut butter, the molybdenum in the nuts helps to get rid of the acetylaldehyde. It also is a good source of protein. Cheap medicine, a bag of salted in the shell nuts.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

So in the year 2014 you did not have a camera around to snap a quick photo for us? pics or it didn't happen.

J/K

What you are seeing is someone who is worn out, and not healthy living in the sun all day long. It's not abnormal. I live in Texas, trust me you were just seeing a really bad sunburn, and if he didn't look healthy it may be because you can get "sun poisoning"

www.webmd.com...

It's really nothing more than a bad sunburn, but it can cause a sick feeling and joint pain. I have had it before, it's no fun and I am sure that I look like shizzle too.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I'm not a panhandler nor an alcholic but just this morning a storekeeper that I was chatting with remarked that my face was very red which took me by surprise beause I certainly hadn't noticed anything unusual when I had my morning shower. I too have been aware of the strength of the sun for some time but I don't put any of that chemical mush on my body, never have, and I don't feel any kind of burning sensation at all but after reading the OP I will be taking more notice from now on.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
its the beginning of the summer. most of us have been shielded by winter clothes or hiding in our houses. even the panhandlers in the winter only go out for a little bit at a time.

my guess, they just aren't used to the sun yet. one good burn and peel and then your good to go. tan tan tan. i used to work trade labor out in the sun all day. every spring half the crew or so would just get fried before turning a nice leathery shade of cow dung later in the summer.

give it a couple months... all your pan handlers will look like pauly D

top topics

join