It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Thursday June 5th at 342am

I was out on the deck smoking a cigarette and drinking a Red Bull sorta looking out on the horizon when a bright light suddenly appeared at about 30 degrees up from ground level. The light was solid like the north star except it didnt blink or pulse like a star. It was a solid white light that held its even luminosity throughout the entire sighting. At first it moved in an even straight line until it was directly overhead. Then it began to wobble and jerk as it traveled. I sprinted off the deck and across the yard to watch it go the other way across the other half of the sky. The first time it was wobbling and jerking it did it like on a swing from left to right and back again as it moved forward. It kinda reminded me of melting butter sliding around in a frying pan on the stove. After it jerked and wobbled left to right it started to arc its path to the right in a long circle but as it moved along that arching path it made like a squiggly looking motion that is very hard to describe. Sorta like watching fish in the water but the waves on the top of the water distort the view of the fish. I call it spaghetti noodle movement because it was like squiggly like a noodle. It traveled like spahgetti for around 30 seconds then it quit moving along the arching path, returning to a straight path into the distance and appearing to move further up into the atmosphere as it flew further away. I checked the time again at the time it disappeared into space because it was rather rising from the horizon than converging on it. 346am.

Now, I don't know how fast that ship was traveling but it was silent. No noise. No sonic disturbances. None of that.

To compare, today around 2pm or so I saw an airforce jet travel across the sky pretty much exactly in the same path that the ufo traveled except in the opposing direction. The jet was LOUD. Really #ing loud. It appeared to travel at approximately the same speed that I saw the ufo and that must've been at mach speed.

It is always exciting to see a craft pass through peacefuly and know its outta this world.
edit on 5-6-2014 by Asynchrony because: mispelling

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony
Either a plane or a satellite can become suddenly visible like that when they pass from the Earth's shadow into the sunlight, which is shining at places in the sky at 3:42am that differ from the ground illumination.

About the wobbling and jerking, too bad you didn't record the event with a camera but based on your description I wouldn't rule out autokinesis.

One thing you may want to try is checking Heaven's above website to see if it matches any satellite trajectories, and if it was a satellite, then it was sort of "out of this world".

This thread has the heavens-above and other links if you want to try to identify what you saw:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5-6-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

In any clear day, the sky is full of small and not so small objects and the majority of these objects are invisible to us, not because they are really invisible but for a simple and natural phenomenon: the sky strong scattering of visible light.

Because of this natural phenomenon any relatively small, semi opaque object is "invisible" to the naked eye just by being at a few thousand feet in altitude in a clear sky. Let me rephrase that statement again: in any clear sky in daylight any small object that is a few thousands feet in altitude will be invisible due to the sky scattering of visible light.

This blinding effect caused by the sky scattering of visible light makes a deep psychological impact on us, misleading us to believe than in a clear blue sky when we don't see anything looking at the sky there is nothing up there, but in reality the sky is always swarming with varied objects, anomalies one of them. It is the exact case that with microorganisms, we can't see them but they are all around us all the time.

If the sky were fully transparent and the level of light scattering were a lot smaller then we will see in daylight a lot of objects swarming the skies, even the stars, anomalies will be a constant presence on that view, but because of this blinding effect almost all these objects are invisible to us, anomalies move usually at very high altitude, in rare occasions they move at lower altitudes and then in these occasions they are easily seen by people with naked eye or using optical instruments with limited optics as camcorders, there are many different "types" of anomalies, with many different configurations, all these rare "apparitions" have been the source of many mythologies and fantasies, many nurturing the myths of Ufology.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yep, I've seen something just like that. Wasn't a sattelite nor autokinetic effect. I assumed military---"silent helicopter" or some such. Then again...? Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Sounds to me like it was the ISS 'International Space Station'
en.wikipedia.org...

www.isstracker.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Do you think you could map its path out onto a map/google map or something please? Even if you just use an area that isn't your own, just to get a birds eye feel of the path of the craft you feel you witnessed, would be interesting to see visually (don't worry I'm not a 'no pics' person). Certainly seems interesting. Satellite arcs are pretty obvious and predictable. So if this deviated from that as it sounds it did then it's definitely an interesting thing, thanks for sharing!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony
Thursday June 5th at 342am

I was out on the deck smoking a cigarette and drinking a Red Bull sorta looking out on the horizon when a bright light suddenly appeared at about 30 degrees up from ground level. The light was solid like the north star except it didnt blink or pulse like a star. It was a solid white light that held its even luminosity throughout the entire sighting. At first it moved in an even straight line until it was directly overhead. Then it began to wobble and jerk as it traveled. I sprinted off the deck and across the yard to watch it go the other way across the other half of the sky. The first time it was wobbling and jerking it did it like on a swing from left to right and back again as it moved forward. It kinda reminded me of melting butter sliding around in a frying pan on the stove. After it jerked and wobbled left to right it started to arc its path to the right in a long circle but as it moved along that arching path it made like a squiggly looking motion that is very hard to describe. Sorta like watching fish in the water but the waves on the top of the water distort the view of the fish. I call it spaghetti noodle movement because it was like squiggly like a noodle. It traveled like spahgetti for around 30 seconds then it quit moving along the arching path, returning to a straight path into the distance and appearing to move further up into the atmosphere as it flew further away. I checked the time again at the time it disappeared into space because it was rather rising from the horizon than converging on it. 346am.

Now, I don't know how fast that ship was traveling but it was silent. No noise. No sonic disturbances. None of that.

To compare, today around 2pm or so I saw an airforce jet travel across the sky pretty much exactly in the same path that the ufo traveled except in the opposing direction. The jet was LOUD. Really #ing loud. It appeared to travel at approximately the same speed that I saw the ufo and that must've been at mach speed.

It is always exciting to see a craft pass through peacefuly and know its outta this world.

I find it amusing when people report seeing a UFO after having a visit from three gray aliens up close.
There are so many people that want to believe that we are being visited by non human beings and many others that find it all a big joke and are here on this forum to just have fun.
The truth is out there and there are still people that don't get it!
Believe or know. You guys can believe, but I just want to exchange information with others that know!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
There is a social expectation to what can be called a UFO, that expectation always have associated a "craft" or mechanical image, with "pilots" even sometimes, that is one of the biggest myths of modern times, when an object have an amorphous or "aliveness" behavior that is beyond that expectation then there is a generalized rejection for that, anomalies are usually do not "accepted" as a UFO by the "standard" UFO enthusiasts, they have been conditioned to expect a "craft".

But the curious thing is that even Kenneth Arnold, the coiner of the phrase "flying saucer" in 1947, said something to the contrary in November of 1962, and I quote:

"It is my conclusion that the so-called unidentified flying objects that have been seen in our atmosphere are not spaceships from another planet at all, but are groups and masses of living organisms that are as much a part of our atmosphere and space as the life we find in the oceans. The only major difference in the space and atmospheric organisms is that they have the natural ability to change their densities at will."

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: markymint
Do you think you could map its path out onto a map/google map or something please? Even if you just use an area that isn't your own, just to get a birds eye feel of the path of the craft you feel you witnessed, would be interesting to see visually (don't worry I'm not a 'no pics' person). Certainly seems interesting. Satellite arcs are pretty obvious and predictable. So if this deviated from that as it sounds it did then it's definitely an interesting thing, thanks for sharing!

I want my location to remain a secret so as to maintain a fully anonamous online personae.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Great story

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ive been reading some amazing stories about sightings lately. Good stuff.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
SIGHTING #2
Tuesday August 27th at 928pm

I sighted a UFO tonight at 9:28pm.
I was lying on my back watching the stars and it came zooming overhead faster than any plane or satellite I ever saw. It flew at the speed of a shooting star and was emitting light much like the stars but without the blinking. It came flying in at a southeasterly direction, sort of wobbling in it's path then it did a long arching horseshoe turn to the west then it disappeared. It all happened in about the time frame of 10 seconds.
By my estimates of the distance the object traveled from the point it entered the atmosphere to the point where it exited the atmosphere and the amount of time I watched it travel that distance it must have been traveling at around 30,000 miles per hour to 40,000 miles per hour without making so much as a whisper.
That got me to thinking that while vehicles that we people down here on the surface use have something called air resistance to wrestle with, resulting in sonic booms when you have an airjet traveling fast enough. Now, this light I saw definitely displayed the characteristics of a manually controlled vehicle. Since 30,000 miles per hour is several times faster than our fastest traditional airjets wouldn't the sonic boom be several times louder than a sonic jet?
Since there was no sonic boom I thought that maybe these aircraft have no wind resistance because they travel "inside a pocket" so to speak. What is this pocket? Perhaps another dimension, I don't know. That's a hard one to fathom.

I've actually seen more than these two UFO's over the years ever since way back in 1994 when I had my first sighting. These are just the ones I've seen since joining ATS.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The part about it moving like butter in a hot frying pan caught my attention.

I observed an object in broad daylight a couple of days ago and that is a good description of how it moved. Very smoothly and silently, back and forth with no rhyme or reason.

Having seen a few myself, now I can enjoy and relate to others accounts of sightings much more.

The fact that they always seem to move in that eerie smooth and silent motion has me thinking we may be witnessing something of holographic nature. Perhaps interdimensional.

Something funky is going on out there.
edit on 27-8-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony

The first time it was wobbling and jerking it did it like on a swing from left to right and back again as it moved forward. It kinda reminded me of melting butter sliding around in a frying pan on the stove.

Asynchrony, thanks for sharing your account - like GoShredAK the butter in a hot frying pan description caught my attention as well -seems it's not the first time unknown objects have been reported 'swinging from left to right and back again' and there are plenty of other reports here.
Cheers.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Nice! Thank you for the link.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I got the date wrong on the 2nd sighting, as you can see that I noted I sighted the craft at a date later than the date on the message. The sighting happened on the 26th not the 27th.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
The part about it moving like butter in a hot frying pan caught my attention.

I observed an object in broad daylight a couple of days ago and that is a good description of how it moved. Very smoothly and silently, back and forth with no rhyme or reason.

Having seen a few myself, now I can enjoy and relate to others accounts of sightings much more.

The fact that they always seem to move in that eerie smooth and silent motion has me thinking we may be witnessing something of holographic nature. Perhaps interdimensional.

Something funky is going on out there.

Sometimes it's described as 'looks like it was on rails'. I'll see if I can dig up any with that description. A craft which had anti gravity force applied could move in such a manner.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoflicks

Just spent a hour procrastinating, I mean reading up about Sky Creatures thanks to this post lol Didn't know such a thing existed. Very interesting.

top topics

join