It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One dead in shooting at SPU; Staff disarm suspect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

SEATTLE -- Officials from Harborview Medical Center said one man was dead after a shooting at Seattle Pacific University on Thursday.
Seattle police reported that a lone suspect entered Otto Miller Hall on the university's campus, shot four victims and was disarmed by staff after he began reloading.

Three other victims are at Harborview. A spokesperson for the hospital said a 20-year-old woman is in critical condition and in surgery, a 24-year-old man and a 22-year-old man are in satisfactory condition.

The suspect was arrested.

One dead in shooting at SPU; Staff disarm suspect

Props to staff for disarming the guy. Probably would have been a lot worse if they hadn't. It's been a rather crappy day what with the shooting and loose gunman up in Canada and now this. I'm getting tired of this crap. It's high time people on college campuses be allowed to carry concealed. Having a huge group of people packed in tightly with no way to defend themselves has CLEARLY not been working out very well.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

While i am all about law abiding citizens being able to legally carry firearms...can you imagine the balls it took for those who weren't carrying to disarm him?

Then again, I did have to chuckle at the news article. The people were wounded at the Harborview Hospital, yet they were taken there!?
edit on 5-6-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Something is definitely going on, I would like to place a portion of blame on the MSM for reporting these crazies every single time to inspire the next crazy to get his 15minutes of fame on CNN & Fox. I've always though, even as a young child...if the news didn't report negative/violent stuff all the time society would certainly be a lot better off. I mean....they rarely if EVER give us something positive or heart warming its always doom and gloom - but why?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ThinkYouSpeak

Viewership numbers prove it's what people watch. I write for a small town paper and when an accident or crime is on the front page, above the fold, sales increase significantly. Not saying it's good, just saying that's the way it is.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hmmm... I'll try to put out info that I've heard on the radio up to this point. I live half an hour from Seattle, so I've been listening to the radio, both while it was supposedly still happening, and currently. Authorities haven't released the attacker's name or info, other than he was a 26 yr old white male. He used a shotgun, and had a knife of some sort. The attacker has NOT been booked yet, which I find weird, because he was apprehended 6 1/2 hours ago... It has already been politicized by local politicians, saying it's the gun culture, today. Also, the other incidents we are familiar with were invoked along with whatever statement was being made. I would like to point out again, it was a SHOTGUN, for whatever that's worth. (Shotguns are supposed to be okay, no?) The radio said they confirmed that police, around 3:30 this afternoon was looking for a second shooter. (Now, police, in a press conference, have acknowledged that was just for precaution, and as far as they know, the shooter acted alone.) At the time, there was also reported to be 7 victims. That's been changed to four, one of which has died at the hospital. (Seriously, condolences to the victim's family.) At roughly 3:30 (i use the same times because I wasn't paying too much attention to the time... I just looked at the clock, maybe once or twice.) At roughly 3:30 ish, a second suspected shooter was thought to have a hand gun... That guy, according to police, was found and cleared... It's not clear if any other weapons, other than pepper spray, were involved...

Okay... Is that jumbled enough? Sorry... Didn't mean it...

For the record, I think, and hope, that there is no initial conspiracy, but since there's so little info on my radio, and here, thought I'd make a record of what I've heard, and a couple thoughts.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu
And I realize that "conspiracy" wasn't even mentioned here, yet, I don't think, so sorry to be the one to do it, and like I said, I don't think it is one, but I like to consider different possibilities and perspectives. I also figured it's just a matter of time before it is, so I don't think I'm crossing any lines... If I am, mods, I suppose you could edit/remove my posts... I'm not married to them.
edit on 6/6/2014 by japhrimu because: little thought addition

edit on 6/6/2014 by japhrimu because: semantics, or something

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Cheers to the "Security Guard" who was the catalyst for bringing the tragedy to a swift end. Armed with pepper spray. After he did what he did, and it's still not clear what happened, even more students or staff helped subdue guy... Again, cheers to those, and condolences to victims, their families, and friends.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu
Whoops, my bad... Didn't see another larger thread on the subject...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Hee hee, might have been bad skimming or they fixed the error. Articles says that the incident happened in Otto Miller Hall and they were taken to Harborview Medical. Even if it had happened at Harborview Medical, then that would have just made the victims luckier, I suppose, because they would be that much closer to a life saving medical facility. No ambulance ride.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkYouSpeak
Something is definitely going on, I would like to place a portion of blame on the MSM for reporting these crazies every single time to inspire the next crazy to get his 15minutes of fame on CNN & Fox. I've always though, even as a young child...if the news didn't report negative/violent stuff all the time society would certainly be a lot better off. I mean....they rarely if EVER give us something positive or heart warming its always doom and gloom - but why?

Yes it can inspire copy cat killings,but sticking ones head in the sand also do us a disservice as we ignore a problem and thus a solution.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Conspiracy time -

Has anyone else noticed that when Obama is hit with scandals there always seems to be something big that occurs to knock him out of the media spotlight?

new topics

top topics

join