It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBTQ is forced on elementary students in schools without parents consent

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx
Do you mean Schools should teach them equality or parents??

edit on 9-6-2014 by hoochymama23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hoochymama23
Wow. The "stretches" that both positions take is pretty sad for our Kids.

The actual issue I think is whether Schools have the "RIGHT" to manipulate our Kids. Either way, Schools should not teach Sexual Preference.

The arguments from both sides need to keep to the actual issue.

Let Nature take its course as they say, but I for sure will not let my Kids School teach them "LIFE". Or at least I will try my best to battle that. Its tough now a days.

Schools HAVE right to manipulate kids. That rights are handed over to state while child was born. Law understands fact that kid is property of state, and not property of man. So, they can do whatever they want with their property. School system is nothing more but preparing young minds to think like citizens. Citizens are property of country. Your name is owned by state. So, not educating kids in school is one of the best way one can do if they want to raise healthier-smarter critical thinker.

School kids must be vactinated. Why? Because they are property of state and state does whatever they want with their property. Your kid will get gay education. Since your kid is property of state, that is also perfectly legal and you do not have legal standing when you disagree.

So you are educated and manipulated in a way that you do not even know who owns you or your kids, and you think you own yourself and your kids. Wake up ppl.
edit on 9-6-2014 by poweref because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Aisling

You are right. I think home schooling is the way to go more so these days. You are also right that children should be taught to respect everyone, but without pushing for an agenda. Let children be children. There is a lot more they can learn apart from sexuality.

What is it with this agenda of pushing children to grow up faster than they should? Learning about sexuality is something that parents should teach their children instead of having a complete stranger do so.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Aisling

You are right. I think home schooling is the way to go more so these days. You are also right that children should be taught to respect everyone, but without pushing for an agenda. Let children be children. There is a lot more they can learn apart from sexuality.

What is it with this agenda of pushing children to grow up faster than they should?

The films don't do that. They're entirely age appropriate.

Learning about sexuality is something that parents should teach their children instead of having a complete stranger do so.

Sex education is a different issue. And it's a settled matter in most states. Parents don't teach their children. So schools have to.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: txinfidel
Heres what I get from this debate.

I CAN CLAIM that Im from planet gryphon six hundred sixty six. And I can claim that I am not treated fairly and ask for special rights, but lets call them civil rights. Then as I become a member of the state I could abduct children or adults and re-educate them to my liking.

Anybody who disagrees with me will be called a bigot and will get shut down by the school board.

Meanwhile I will claim that I have been wronged. I will declare an injustice that needs those people who disagree with me to be reprimanded and discriminated against. I will declare that I have certain rights over your own children that you don't have.

Thanks again for another thought provoking discussion ATS.

Im gonna go back to my usual barfing in my sleep recognition.

I seriously considered no response to your trolling post in your own thread, ... I mean really.

Your response fails on so many rational counts, such as it is:

1. Tries to ridicule my user name. "planet gryphon six hundred sixty six." Really? May I ask how old you are? I had thought we were all adults here, but, seriously, making fun of someone's nickname? Priceless.

2. The only ammo you've got in the discussion is the old "special rights" garbage? Point to the quote. Point to where I or anyone in this discussion have claimed "special rights." If not, frankly, your post is dishonestly regurgitating the standard anti-equality BS.

The only rights I demand are as a human being and as an American, nothing more and nothing less.

3. I have not abducted any kids nor adults nor have I re-educated anyone. I'm beginning to be concerned that I may be responding to a post made by an inebriated person ... you're making zero sense.

4. You're merely babbling standard cant here. Either you're lying or I am lying, and you've already been caught at it.

5. You can disagree with what i say all you want, but if you endorse treating any group of people illegally or unequally before the law because of some preconceived judgment based merely on your beliefs, well, then yes, you're a bigot. If you don't like the word, don't be one.

6. If you would kindly reference where I have taken control over anyone's kids, I'd appreciate it. If you can't admit that you're merely spewing bile and hoping something sticks.

7. I really do feel sorry for you at this point. You're carrying such spitefulness for someone you've never met, for people you know nothing about. I would pray for you if I could; you're a sad, sad case.

edit on 11Mon, 09 Jun 2014 11:41:27 -050014p112014666 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I would pray for you if I could;

Thanks for the chuckle...That's really all you needed to type.

Because, it truly speaks volumes.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

I would pray for you if I could;

Thanks for the chuckle...That's really all you needed to type.

Because, it truly speaks volumes.

And here I thought we had an agreement not to respond to each others' posts.

Glad you got a chuckle, glad you get "volumes" out of one line ... you must be psychic or something!

But as usual, your quips are merely empty and sniping with no content and no contributing to the discussion, i.e. I'd be fine if you went back to ignoring me Sarge.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I didn't know I was ignoring you.

It works better if both sides know.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It was never an issue when I was a kid, never brought up, we went to school, came home played kick the can, ate dinner, watched Bonanza, went to bed.

I'm not confused

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68
a reply to: ~Lucidity

So now we are calling the teaching of children the appropriate way to treat people "propaganda"? In my opinion, this is needed to counter-act all of the bigoted parents forcing hateful ways onto their children.

Since when is teaching children to be accepting of others propaganda?

I learned the appropriate way to treat people in church, and my family values, they never spoke ill of anyone.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Please, provide me with one of the insults I "flung" at you.

I didn't ignore any of your points. They were all taken into consideration, just because I didn't reply to them doesn't mean they were ignored.

While I do appreciate your unwillingness to have children taught religion in schools, the summary of what I'm saying is simple. The persecution of the gay community is the same as the historical persecution of Jews, American slavery and many, many other examples of minority groups getting the crap end of the stick.

One thing I can be certain of: In school textbooks, if not now than in the future, the struggle of the gay community will be documented alongside many other examples of other groups.

To be quite honest, I was never leveling insults at you. Frankly, I don't think the time is right for this to be taught in schools and even when the time IS right, I don't think it should be up to the state or feds to dictate it be taught in elementary schools. Kids have enough to worry about and no matter how far society progresses there will still be bigots of all ages and I'm sure for the elementary schoolchildren uneducated in LGBT it would soon become ammunition for bullying.

I don't know if everyone has the same curriculum (one high school I was in had it and another two didn't) but I think "Health Class" would be the time to delve into this topic. Where I went to school, that wasn't a class until 8-9th grade. By then I'm sure there are those who are gay and know it or questioning if they are or not and the students know at least a little on the subject. Before that, it's up to the parents I suppose.

In my personal case, my daughter saw a lot of gay/lesbian kissing and hand holding in Provincetown during a family vacation. She asked about it and I explained that sometimes people are born not being attracted to the opposite sex but instead the same sex. After a few more questions and realizing that many of my friends she's met were gay, no more questions and nothing but understanding and support. I guess I just plain don't understand why some (most? I don't really know) parents have such a problem having a dialogue with their kids about this subject.
edit on 6/9/14 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Now I suppose I should weigh in on this one. Before I start fully on this let me say I am confused. Are "homosexuals and transgenders"(people who choose to be different) the only people being bullied in schools across America ? Let's put that one aside for a moment.
Now for the topic at hand, number one, any discussion of sex at any level in a public school should always be approved by the parents first. Second, as Stormdancer said, this was just not an issue when I was in school. While most parents are trying to keep SEX out of their children's lives as long as possible, homosexuals and their ill informed supporters seem to want it shoved down children's throats. I won't even touch on the ridiculous topic of prepubescent transgenders,,, absurd!!!! School is not the place for such things. If they are going to insist on nitpicking to teach tolerance of homosexuality and transgenderism it is only fair that they mention every single other reason someone can be bullied for in detail. Pimples, red hair, overweight, underweight, smelly, poor, unattractive, race, handicap, poor taste in clothes, anklebeaters, freckles, parent's occupation, friends, neighborhood they live in, car or lack of, riding the bus, free lunch, dirty clothes, lack of intelligence, too much intelligence,,,,, I can go on and on. Why focus on gays and cough cough transgenders ?
Third, this is going to force more parents to withdraw their children from public schools and into private schools and homeschool.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea

You cannot possibly compare the homosexual issue to the murders of millions of jews and slavery with a straight face. Wow, I would imagine that will strike a nerve on a few out there.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
My daughters babysitter for over 10 years is openly Gay.

My problem has nothing to do with being Gay.

My problem is the Nanny State. They think they know better how to raise my child.

Since my child has grown up with a Gay person she loves. Not much to explain.

Now to the insults...You called us (me) a bigot. That is an insult.

Just because I don't want a State to include this subject I'm not a bigot.

I think "No Bullying" already includes these kids...minus the labels.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Really? I find it ironic how other points of view, yes such as religion itself, is a taboo even for students to do on their free time in school, but "sex education" which does include sexually explicit images and language "it's ok and the new norm these days"...

These days in quite a few schools and even universities students can't even pray on their own, or have any religious item in plain sight...

How about the "parents" are the ones who teach their children sex education instead and the parents can teach them moral values as well? When children grow up they can choose on their own whether to continue to follow those moral values and what their parents taught them.

The state/school board have no business whatsoever forcing their moral views on children without their parent's consent.

You can think whatever you want about other people's religions, but it is their right to have THEIR OWN BELIEFS...

edit on 9-6-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: txinfidel
a reply to: Magnivea

OK.

But what I hear you saying is quite different and many other people who have posted before you.

You are saying that people who don't agree with you are brainwashed and they are bigots. You are saying that those people have no right raising their own children and that you could do a better job. You are saying that most parents do not have their childs best interest and because you are not a christian and you do not declare yourself to be a bigot that you could do a better job?

Just what are you trying to say exactly?

Your saying that you can raise other peoples children, you can instill positive values in them and that people with religious views do not have a right to their own children.

Holy hell, where do I begin. Where did I say anyone was brainwashed? And where was that line (that you used twice) about me doing a better job of raising other people's kids? I' can certainly, though, say that no, I'm not a bigot.

I dislike having a fairy tale about a man who never existed in the capacity that millions of people believe pushed down my throat. I also dislike a lot of other things. Five under in the left lane. Old people who go out of their way to screw with kids. Drug addicts in my neighborhood. Are any of those bigoted?

About as much as me not wanting to hear some Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons talking at me about invisible gold god plates an 8am on a Saturday.

Again, addressing the last line, I never said a single thing along those lines. As for the second to last line, you did a pretty bang up job of putting not only words but entire ideas and paragraphs I didn't write into my mouth, so why are you bothering to ask what exactly I mean? Formulate some more things I "said" and reply with what you think I'm trying to say, I think this could be fun.
edit on 6/9/14 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Alright, I apologize very sincerely in that case. I was reading your posts with an underlying hostility that apparently wasn't there. Again, I apologize for that as I have a tendency to read while trying to interpret the emotion behind the post.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea

originally posted by: whyamIhere
If you don't embrace the Gay Lifestyle you are automatically a bigot ?

This is as usual changing the subject. The subject is who is going to teach my child.

I do not want the state to decide when my child or where my child learns about it.

It that such an unreasonable request ?

This subject requires a real discussion. Not a classroom setting.

Yes, that makes you a bigot. I'm sure if there were message boards in the 50s there would be plenty of people like you saying the same about blacks.

Apology is appreciated...
edit on 9-6-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join