It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

LGBTQ is forced on elementary students in schools without parents consent

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:41 AM
a reply to: NihilistSanta

No, I'm not being disingenuous. I've noted your commentary throughout this and other similar discussions. You don't feel like LGBT people are normal people that have a different sexual orientation than the majority ... you think they're perverted and/or diseased. I can provide quotes from your own texts if necessary, but I don't think you'd deny it.

I don't claim to be able to predict the future as you apparently are. Who knows what kids may or may not ask? Do you think any kid in our society doesn't have some idea that some boys like girls, some boys like boys, some girls like girls and some girls like boys? Are you really pretending that you think that reality has escaped kids, even kids in kindergarten? That they don't play at being "boyfriends" and "girlfriends" or (sadly to me) that they don't use words like "gay" and "faggot" everyday, or are around other kids that do?

There's no indication that these videos, particularly the one designed for kindergarteners, goes into any detail about sex acts or sexual activity. I know that your side likes to crow about everything gay or lesbian being only about sex, but, sexual orientation is not defined as being purely about sexual activities (for the thousandth time) but it IS defined as which sex (gender) is one oriented to when it comes to emotional, romantic, and yes, at some point, sexual attraction and connection. This is well-established and has been for decades, and yet, in every conversation, the anti-equality argument brings the issue up like it's never been discussed before. Disingenuous? Probably.

Of course, to you, from your own texts, the greater awareness available to our culture at large today, and therefore to our children, is merely an example of media "propaganda" and the ubiquitous "gay agenda." For me and a majority of Americans (and yes, I have the statistics to prove it), we realize that our society is finally catching up to the reality that some folks are straight and some folks are gay and some folks are somewhere in between.

Disingenuous? Was OP disingenuous to dredge up an "issue" that is over four years old? Probably, but we all played along because the issues are important to us, yet, for these folks in CA, the issue was basically resolved four years ago, except for the Dominionist politicians pursuing their inevitable anti-equality agenda that are still trying to stir the pot even as late as last year. For most folks in the district, however, ... the issue now seems to be moot.

Its not about sex or trying to corrupt kindergarteners ... it's about bringing greater awareness of bullying and learning ways to treat each other with respect that are being brought to the surface.

If supporting greater understanding between people, even between young people, and encouraging them to treat each other better is "being disingenuous" then consider me guilty as charged.
edit on 7Sat, 07 Jun 2014 07:43:09 -050014p072014666 by Gryphon66 because: Bolding.

edit on 7Sat, 07 Jun 2014 07:53:46 -050014p072014666 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:51 AM

originally posted by: Aisling

I suppose that may not make sense to some, but who am I to judge others?

I just don't want to get a phone call some day saying "Ma'am, your kid beat the hell out of another kid, because he is gay". I would die of shame.

I realize my opinions are not popular, but I don't believe in teaching our children to hate or ostracize others. This world is cold and harsh enough.

Thank you for what you've said here, and for teaching your children your values. If every homeschooler and Christian were like you, I think the world would be a much better place, as you seem to be embodying the true teachings of Jesus rather than merely using faith as a cloak for hatred and prejudice.

Thanks, from someone on "the other side."

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:31 PM
I have 3 children and from the standpoint of a parent, I will say this...

I have taught my children that people are unique and that tolerance of others is important. I also taught them to bully anyone for their differences is wrong. Being respectful is important to me.

I also taught my kids that tolerance is not the same as acceptance. I taught them that they can practice tolerance, be respectful to their fellow man and still maintain their beliefs. I taught them that they do not have to accept/approve of what others do in their lives, but they do need to practice tolerance regardless of acceptance/approval.

IMO, these videos were not teaching tolerance, but acceptance. (Two things that are very different IMO.)

I'd also like to point out that gay marriage is not the norm, it is in fact, by definition, deviant behavior. (Currently between 2-4% of the population identifies as gay,lesbian,bi,transgender,etc., depending on the poll and not all of them are seeking to get married.)

definition of deviant - " departing from usual or accepted standards, especially in social or sexual behavior.

You may not agree with me, but that is okay. I don't expect that from anyone. I do however expect tolerance and respect for my opinions. Besides, at the end of the day, they are my children and these moral lessons should be taught to them by me, not a school, the government or any special interest group.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:14 PM
The videos show reality. You can choose to teach your children to put up with, but quietly disapprove of, reality. But it's good for them to be shown that reality. It's the world they're going to be living in.

We laugh at the school films from the fifties, because they didn't show reality. Then they attempted to give kids tools to exist in that imagined reality.

As I understand it, most kids laughed at them even then. But those who took then seriously must have developed a very odd view of the world.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:43 PM

originally posted by: Moresby
The videos show reality. You can choose to teach your children to put up with, but quietly disapprove of, reality.

I don't teach my kids to "put up" with anything, I teach them respect/tolerance of others.

But it's good for them to be shown that reality. It's the world they're going to be living in. We laugh at the school films from the fifties, because they didn't show reality. Then they attempted to give kids tools to exist in that imagined reality.

As I understand it, most kids laughed at them even then. But those who took then seriously must have developed a very odd view of the world.

I'm not sure how school films from the fifties comes into play here. We're discussing the movies in this topic. Movies, that in my opinion push acceptance and not tolerance. Acceptance is pushing a belief system onto some of these children that counters their current feelings/belief system that gay marriage is wrong. That is where the line is crossed IMO. Schools, government and special interest groups have no business pushing their belief system on our children because whether they like it or not, some hold the belief that gay marriage is wrong and those who do have every right to hold that belief. It is something that should garner the same respect/tolerance as everyone else and is not the place of a school or special interest group to pressure a child to change because they don't agree.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:56 PM
Wow, that percentage gets smaller every time one of the anti-equality folks quotes it. Pretty soon it will be in negative numbers if this keeps up.

Around 5-10% of the American populations identifies as gay/lesbian, etc. The number of people in survey after survey who claim same-sex attraction is more like 25%. So, no, it's not as "deviant" as people want to claim.

Besides that, even if the number is 1% of the American population, here's the thing: we're still Americans! We still have rights to equal protection and application of the laws. We still have the right to be who we are! Frankly, I don't require tolerance nor acceptance from anyone ... I just am who I am.

Here's another telling statistic while we're at it: 50% of heterosexual marriage ends in divorce. Broken homes, kids being shuttled across town. Divorce, although directly forbidden in the New Testament by Jesus, conveniently never gets mentioned in these tirades.

Here's another horrible percentage: 92% of child molestation is "heterosexual" (male-female). That's a majority but would we not all agree that behavior is "deviant."

Here's another: 2.1% of the American population is Jewish ... are all Jews therefore "deviant" as well?

Here's another: about 10% of the American population is left-handed ... are they all "deviant" as well?

Here's another: people with green eyes make up about 1-2% of the world population. Deviant? Sure they are.

Red hair, 1-2%, deviant, check.

Genius IQ, 2%, deviant, check.

Ad infinitum, Ad absurdum.

edit on 15Sat, 07 Jun 2014 15:05:44 -050014p032014666 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:23 PM
Schools should focus on actually teaching what is important and what they are there for ... reading, writing, math, science, history. Considering test scores in this country ....

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:42 PM
a reply to: FlyersFan

On that we can agree FlyersFan =)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:31 PM
a reply to: Gryphon66

If it wasn't implied, the last part of my post was sarcastic...

Here's the deal. There is a difference between tolerance and acceptance. The homosexual community wants acceptance, because they already have tolerance; they are free to do whatever they want in America, for the most part. They want everyone else to put aside their views and religious beliefs, however, and bow down to their lifestyle. They want everyone to look at a same sex couple and think "Look, it's beautiful! Behold it in all it's glory! It's so normal and ok and what I formerly believed due to my religion or personal opinion was so wrong!"

It's un-american. It's fascist. They campaign under the guise of live and let live but what they really want is a conversion of beliefs, and I think a number of people are tired of being inundated with the propoganda every day.

Just because somebody doesn't accept the homosexual lifestyle doesn't make them "anti-equality" or "right-wing" or "biggot"... I wish everyone would just give it a #ing rest
edit on 7-6-2014 by THE666OCCULT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:30 PM
a reply to: THE666OCCULT

Thanks for your thoughts.

Here's another deal.

Personally, I couldn't care less about your tolerance or your acceptance, and really, here's the other side of the coin, who cares whether you're disgusted or repulsed or religiously offended by who and what I am. But your comments about us being "free to do whatever they want in America" is patently untrue. Sodomy laws (which were used exclusively to harass, imprison, defame and terrorize gay people) were not declared unconstitutional until 2003! By the way, if you've forgotten, a sodomy law is the government telling you what you can and can't do in the privacy of your own home.

So it took ever 200 years in this country for laws which only affected or were only used against a certain part of population to be removed. AND STILL you have States like Louisiana whose legislatures just confirmed their State sodomy laws even though they KNOW they can't prosecute anyone under them ... but they sure as hell can arrest 12 gay men in East Baton Rouge in 2013 in a "sting" operation with undercover cops, with a crime that is not a crime and they know cannot be prosecuted.

But, yeah, we're treated just like everyone else everywhere ... what's all the hubbub about? Huh?

On ATS in these very forums you still have comparisons of gays and lesbians to bestiality and child molestation at the drop of a hat. Posters are free openly to muse about whether I'm mentally ill or merely genetically unfit in my face.

Why? Because I do harm to others? Nope, because I happen to be a man who loves men and don't feel like that's something to be hidden or ashamed of or avoided ... anymore than any other man would talk about women or any woman would talk about men ... why?

Because in the overall scheme of things IT SHOULDN'T BE THAT IMPORTANT! Yet, everyday on ATS there's some new posting that allows everyone to take out their "opinions" of whether gays and lesbians should be counted as people or as American citizens, or whether we're diseased deviants who should be imprisoned or killed.

And please, don't suggest for a minute that there aren't those on a daily basis who suggest those solutions as well.

What's wrong with converting beliefs? Gays aren't diseased, we aren't mentally ill, we aren't child molesters we're people and we live just like all of the rest of you.

Why do we have to talk about "it" all the time? Because you've made us fight for our very existence as human beings!

Think about the words you're using.

Why should you have the option of "accepting the homosexual lifestyle" ... anymore than I have the option of "accepting your heterosexual lifestyle" ... for anyone else but yourself? You're not gay? Don't "live the homosexual lifestyle." Period. End of story.

Why do you think you're in a position to dictate how someone can life their life regardless of your traditions or your religion or your squeamishness?

Talk about unAmerican and fascist.
edit on 19Sat, 07 Jun 2014 19:46:34 -050014p072014666 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:13 PM

I think you've put quite a few words in my mouth or painted me with a brush I don't really deserve to be painted with. I never said that I disagreed with homosexuality or wanted to dictate anything to anyone. Sodomy laws are a different story, as I think most people agree the government should stay out of the home. I think you feel like a victim of an imagined persecution; I believe it's quite dramatic to state that in the US gays have to fight to exist as human beings.

I think your closeness to the heart of the issue has blinded your ability to see any side but your own. I have stated how I feel about the issue and will leave it at that.

Wishing you continued success on your crusade....

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:38 PM
I didn't read the thread at all. All I can reply to is the title, and that reply is "who the hell cares other than bible jockeys"?

Funny how your god taught understanding and equality and loving each other no matter what yet if anyone's a smidgeon different, you're on a friggin crusade for something that matters less than nothing in the current, real world.

And that's why I will NEVER look at religion as anything more than a cruel joke by the ancients. Not that I mind your beliefs, however stupid I may find them. Everyone's entitled to believe whatever they want.

Hell, I've read almost every Sumerian text and notice that the vast majority of the bible is stolen from those and other ancient texts. But nowhere in any ancient (TRULY ancient, not the old testament "ancient") text is a violent opposition to anything that isn't regarded by all as normal.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:56 PM

Thanks for your well wishes. When I go on a crusade, I'll take them with me.

No, it's not "imagined prosecution" ... see, you feel fine with telling me, a person you don't know anything about, that I'm imagining things like prejudice, abuse, and violence directed at me, my family, or my friends. You dismiss what I said while having no idea what has happened to me in the past, whether I've been beaten, or lost jobs, or what has happened to me. Yet, you come from that smug place, due to your belief, that gays and lesbians really are just making a big deal about nothing.

You don't see or haven't seen the realities of how gay people are treated. Oh yeah, it's 100% better than even the 1980s when I was a young teenager, probably 500% better than the 50s and 60s ... and I am thankful for that. I walk in public with my partner without (generally) being concerned that we'll be accosted right on the street ... yet, last year in East Atlanta, that was not true for a friend of mine and his partner, as a group of youths rode by screaming "faggot" right before they shot him six times out their window. For no reason aside from ... they didn't like that they were doing that "faggoty %$#^" in public. Yes, that was walking down a public street.

There's a thousand more references and stories to shared. But really, what's the point?

When I hear your opinion that gays and lesbians have "got it good" in the good ol' USA ... that there's just no discrimination, inequality or violence left ... I'm sure you do get more than your fair share of ire.

Sorry about that.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:02 PM

Pfff what are you talking about? They do have it good. They can get married in certain places. They totally don't deal with more prejudice than any minority. There's NO resemblance between the treatment of gays and Jews during WW2 in most countries on earth. They also don't have to have awareness days and protests and parades in bigoted areas.

Wait that's reversed. I must have homosexual dyslexia.

Edit: For what it's worth, my sincerest apologies for the BS I'm sure you deal with daily. Gay men generally avoid the hell out of me, cross the street, whatever. Large, shaved-headed, heavily tattooed men apparently have a problem with gays. I actually was walking with a good friend I've known for 20+ years (gay man) when this happened a few weeks ago. He went out of his way to bitch they guy out for the looks, avoidance, comments, everything. It was rather hilarious.

Anyway, apologies from the I-don't-look-like-I-like-you-because-you're-gay camp as well.

edit on 6/7/14 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:44 PM

“One of the problems is that African-Americans who have seen the film shown to the board were offended and distressed by the representations of African-Americans, that they were drug addicts, broken families, inarticulate,” Snider added. “However, in contrast, the lesbian and gay parents that were portrayed had much more information on them than other groups, and it was all extremely positive. There was no protection of religion at all.”
- See more at:
How come nobody said anything about this? I mean, don't get me wrong, the anti-gay comments in this thread and in the OP are incredibly stupid )(to put it kindly), but portraying blacks negatively in a anti-bullying film seems a bit counterproductive, as is leaving out one group entirely who could also benefit from this film.
edit on 7-6-2014 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:02 PM

I agree that there can be a pretty big difference between tolerance and acceptance.

Tolerance in its purest sense...maybe not. But tolerance to many seems to be still something they have to think about and control, still judgmental, still holier than thou, and still with the potential of alwayys being close to bubbling to the surface as something else, maybe condescension, maybe hate, maybe tone or a look, and those can still hurt and are still not real progress.

Acceptance, on the other hand, would be that place where we wouldn't even give it another thought and just let

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:41 PM
a reply to: Magnivea

The funny thing is, I resemble your description more than the tiny slim guys that you'd expect to be gay.

We'll all get there someday together, I hope. Then we can forget all this silliness.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:18 PM

originally posted by: Magnivea

Edit: . Large, shaved-headed, heavily tattooed men apparently have a problem with gays.

Those that aren't gay, you mean? Because that sounds like a damn good description of a fairly large subset of gay men.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:36 PM

originally posted by: beezzer
And people wonder why we home-school.

I do NOT "wonder" why you home-school.

You home-school because you can't bear the thought your kids might develop a different view than yours when they grow up.
Keeping them locked inside your family and forbidding them contact with the "real world" is of course the best way to go about making sure that your family values/morals will be upheld by your kids.

I hope that one day you will realize that the reason for this home-schooling idiocy TO LARGE PARTS is born from exactly this egotism which goes so far that you're willing to artificially limit your kid's development and ability to develop their OWN moral views when they grow up.

MY GOD..just imagine your kid would come home one day and tell you it doesn't give a **** whether someone is gay, or black...because SUCH would possibly go against your own, personal views and this can of course not be tolerated. Dare they would start to think on their own, one day.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:41 PM

originally posted by: nixie_nox

originally posted by: whyamIhere
When is my class and my race and my religion going to be protected ?

When is it going to be illegal to say or think bad things about me ?

Since when did I have to conform my thoughts and feelings so I didn't hurt your feelings ?

Why does this need to be taught to school children ?

Why must my agenda be held hostage to the irate voices of a few ?

When do I get to say poor pitiful me, I have been wronged ?

Seems like you are doing enough whining and playing victim to cover it enough for everybody.

I am the one whining and playing the victim ?

This coming from a group of people that have mastered playing the victim.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>