It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBTQ is forced on elementary students in schools without parents consent

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: redhorse

Forcing exposure to a belief system on children is not promoting tolerance, it is the opposite. It is indoctrination of the worst sort at that point and wrong.

I'm not talking about "belief systems". That would be the parents who keep their kids locked in their homes and teach them only Bible stories and intolerance of others.

These people (LGBTQ) are what they are. They exist. For whatever reason, they are that way. It's important for other kids to realize that not everyone is like them. SOME people are like them, but SOME people are not.

I think the issue here is that people think that LGBTQ folks are "sick" and somehow choosing their sexual/gender identities. I'm going to bow out of this hate fest now - but in my experience (personal and professional), this is neither true, nor a reason to hide them away like lepers.

You are correct in saying that the LGBTQRSUV (or whatever letters you want to dress them up with) are what they are but so are straight people and most are tolerant of others so there is no hate.

Also what kind of degree does one need to be a parent educator?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It's called personal responsibility.

We can either suffer the fools who breed like rabbits or roll over and let government take care of all our problems.

Personally, I'd rather have idiots raising children than have some bean-counter in DC determine "tolerance" and the proper course for raising my child

Well, you're in luck. Bean counters in DC don't choose your children's textbooks or other materials. It's your friends and neighbors at your local district school boards.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Do you really want to know?

PM me. I'm not about to make myself the butt of more attacks here.
edit on 6/6/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
At what point do we roll up our sleeves and say Let's Dance?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: thesaneone

Do you really want to know?

PM me. I'm not about to make myself the butt of more attacks here.

Don't think I am attacking you. I'm angry at the lack of personal responsibility from parents.

I'm angry at the willingness of parents to cede responsibility to any authority to teach their children.

I'm angry at a society that is rolling over to any authority for the responsibility of raising their children.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: andr3w68
a reply to: ~Lucidity

So now we are calling the teaching of children the appropriate way to treat people "propaganda"? In my opinion, this is needed to counter-act all of the bigoted parents forcing hateful ways onto their children.

Since when is teaching children to be accepting of others propaganda?

as with almost every religion, you have to have an evil side and a good side, that are each assigned to people....it's the classic "we versus they" separation that leads to fear, intimidation, ostracization from community, and even physical harm. this has been used for thousands of years, and there are still billions of people that believe this is the way to classify their fellow humans.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Now this thread is 11 pages long.

And still none of the critics have offered any direct criticism of the films themselves.

They've attacked amorphous and imagined ills. Many based on a complete misunderstanding of how our educational system works. Or of the specifics of the case the OP outlined.

I like to try and respect the opinions of others. But that's difficult to do in this thread because there's basically zero discussion of the actual case from one side of the equation.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

Actually you are missing the bigger picture and are trying to force the discussion to focus on the videos. Some parents do not want their children exposed to this content no matter how friendly you deem it. It is really that simple. The children are assaulted by gay propaganda from the media and Hollywood on the regular so it is not like people are suggesting that we raise children in a bubble.

The problem here is that adults can not come to a consensus on the issue so if it is that controversial why teach at all to children who have no ability to process the information in a meaningful way (probably because they are too busy being children and not concerned with politics or social issues)

No one would have an issue if this was just a general anti-bullying campaign but it is designed to focus "special" attention on certain groups and from the article it even denigrates others (african americans). This is just a slick way of introducing the "gay talk" to children by hiding it within an antibullying campaign. Do you really think the class just watches the video and has no discussion afterwards? Do you think there is any room in that discussion for opposing views? I doubt it and that is what makes it propaganda plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Funny that you mention democracy. What if we voted on the gay issue? I have a feeling you would not like the results. Would you still uphold this mob rule?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

And still none of the critics have offered any direct criticism of the films themselves.

Aw, because we reject outright the State teaching this subject.

Hence...no need to discuss the film. Although I'm sure it's wonderful.

I think some of us do know how the Education system operates.

This is age and maturity appropriate material. I will introduce it in my time frame.

Not some imaginary line a bunch of activist decided.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Unfortunately the films aren't freely available to the public, you either have to be a student or someone who doesn't mind financially supporting left wing film makers in order to watch them.

edit on b20146America/Chicago75 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: txinfidel

Any chance we can make this ride go any faster?

I don't know how can the ride be speed up but it is a sure thing. Where we're heading there is no coming back.

edit on 6-6-2014 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Or you can watch them on this threas...Been posted i think 3 times? ?
But that would require too read all the replies before commenting.
Must be to hard to do that

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Bone75

Or you can watch them on this threas...Been posted i think 3 times? ?
But that would require too read all the replies before commenting.
Must be to hard to do that

You do understand the difference between a trailer and a film don't you?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So stupid, why can't they just leave that crap at home. Why do they have to force this crap on children?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lice00

They're doing it to adults as well, they're just being a little more subtle about it.

Do you watch HGTV or DIY? Ever notice how the hosts of the shows are almost exclusively straight laced white couples, yet more than 3/4 of their clientele are either interracial or gay couples?

They do call it "television programming" for a reason.

edit on b20146America/Chicago75 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

They're doing it to adults as well, they're just being a little more subtle about it.

Do you watch HGTV or DIY? Ever notice how the hosts of the shows are almost exclusively straight laced white couples, yet more than 3/4 of their clientele are either interracial or gay couples?

They do call it "television programming" for a reason.

Meh, don't care about adults. We have the choice about what we want and don't want to watch or see. But children don't have that choice, why can't they just teach kids to respect everyone and leave it at that? What if my kid does not like gays, that is his choice. As long as he is not hurting anyone i don't see the problem in that.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You bring up a good point. They feel the children are mature enough to process this information but what if a child decides he does not agree with this view being presented by the special interest group? I guess he will just have to be reeducated until he gets it right. No matter how they try to dumb it down to children an adult has to be there to interpret and parents would rather it be them so that the child's morals and values mimic their own which is completely natural for families to decide and have done so for countless years.

This is why the issue is divisive because you cant cover all kids of a certain age as "mature enough" to handle the information and make an informed decision. This is why the school is there to steer the decision making process for the child with "education" .

Tolerance and acceptance are completely different terms. I tolerate everyone because I respect peoples right to life however that does not mean I have to accept anything that they do.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Where do a parent's rights and factual reality intersect?

I guess when we can agree on factual reality. I am still waiting on the hard scientific facts as to whether this is something to be tolerated as they have no choice being born that way or whether it is merely a preference derived from mental traumas or fetishes being shoved down peoples throats as if it is normal (clearly 3-5% of a population is the norm) .

I don't have data's but I do have a comparative figure that I keep thinking must mean something. In countries where society is more conservative and where the so called gay agenda nor the usual "propaganda" is not being applied, the numbers of the gay community are very low. And I'm not talking about societies with lack of social liberties, just not "very open minded" like US or Canada or some European countries. So how can that be explained?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think kids that age should be taught about getting along with others their age, not anything involving sex. But then, I think those stupid commercials on TV about boosting your sex drive should also be banned. So what do I know.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join