It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBTQ is forced on elementary students in schools without parents consent

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Logarock

Oh I disagree with everything you say here. You most certainly do worry about what some folks teach their kids at home and your post most certainly could be construed as aggravated.

Thanks for sharing your opinion of my opinion in spite of what I'm clearly stating.

How exactly is your (incorrect) opinion of my opinion relevant to the topic at hand again?

Jee Wizz. I don't know.....just try going back and reading your post in question a bit carful like. If you were in the room talking to me like that I would be ducking under the table.

edit on 6-6-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
For all of you whose knickers are wadded up over this,
have a look at this video and thread:

Ryland: A transgender 6 yr old; lovable, or demon-possessed?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: txinfidel

“One of the problems is that African-Americans who have seen the film shown to the board were offended and distressed by the representations of African-Americans, that they were drug addicts, broken families, inarticulate,” Snider added. “However, in contrast, the lesbian and gay parents that were portrayed had much more information on them than other groups, and it was all extremely positive. There was no protection of religion at all.”

If this is true, that is very concerning. It would appear that there is some type of hidden agenda in the film if they are portraying certain races/lifestyles more favorably.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: Moresby

Well conveniently leave out my reasoning which had zero to do with your suggestion. As far as Mr. Rasputin, had he been a homosexual he would be given wider understanding these day as.....misunderstood. LOL

Well, his evil genius still fascinates the entire world!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Anyone who tries to teach me that bullying is wrong, is a bully!
edit on 6/6/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem
a reply to: txinfidel

“One of the problems is that African-Americans who have seen the film shown to the board were offended and distressed by the representations of African-Americans, that they were drug addicts, broken families, inarticulate,” Snider added. “However, in contrast, the lesbian and gay parents that were portrayed had much more information on them than other groups, and it was all extremely positive. There was no protection of religion at all.”

If this is true, that is very concerning. It would appear that there is some type of hidden agenda in the film if they are portraying certain races/lifestyles more favorably.

Yes indeed. I caught that to. It also indicates that those who harp about this and that still perpetuate stereotypes. Gots to keep a sharp eye on these people.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is what you can expect when you allow the government to say if you are not among the people they deem protected you have no rights.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: beezzer

Then who? Who IS going to do it? The parents won't, the school as a "government agent" is a dire threat ...

And, really, this is the US and I live in the South ... you'd be hard-pressed to find an elected official who's not a Bible-totin' publi prayin' Servant of Our Lord Jesus Christ ...

... at least officially.

(Who will teach kids that bullying is wrong?)

That's a cop-out remark.

"The parent's won't do it".

When we abdicate responsibility, then why even bother having the discussion.

Just roll over and let "government" take care of us.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Anyone who tries to teach me that bullying is wrong, is a bully!

Right up there with forcing tolerance...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

That's a cop-out remark.

"The parent's won't do it".

When we abdicate responsibility, then why even bother having the discussion.

Gryphon showed clearly that the parents DON'T do it.
I know from decades in education that he is correct, especially in certain regions and communities.

Too many parents simply DON'T do it. It's not a cop-out, it's a fact. Any parent who is homeschooling their children has the responsibility to be aware of which curricula are most conducive to producing a functioning, well-balanced, knowledgeable citizen.

You don't have to like "tolerance", but it is still a necessary tool for participating in our society.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tmeister182

Not taking sides here but we can see this major conundrum really about making no law establishing religion and the free exercise there of and the state dictating religious convictions as it effects the free exercise thereof/conflicts in personal and societal interaction.

In my opinion the only fair thing to do in this case is for the courts to demand that the gay couple respect this cake makers religious convictions and do business with an accommodating cake manufacturer. Its not like they are trying to break a monopoly here. The gays don't have cause to demand based on lack of opportunity. There is no cake makers apartheid movement. Commerce is not being restricted at large by boycott. As they say in civil court there is "no loss".

The real ice on this cake is the sensitivity training. This is clear overreach by the court. If they wanted to rule that the cake must be made they should have left it at that. The court has no right to make this guy take sensitivity training.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
You don't have to like "tolerance", but it is still a necessary tool for participating in our society.

If it is necessary, why are the 'tolerant' so 'intolerant' to those that they are demanding 'tolerance' from?

If it is necessary, than it must be applicable in all directions. If it is not applicable in all directions, than it is not necessary.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

If it is necessary, why are the 'tolerant' so 'intolerant' to those that they are demanding 'tolerance' from?

If it is necessary, than it must be applicable in all directions. If it is not applicable in all directions, than it is not necessary.

Okay, well. I cave. You win. Let's just all be a mass of intolerant jackasses to each other. THAT always works out well.
No harm, no foul.
/sarcasm

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Then why even pretend that we are a responsible society anymore?

Parents won't parent.

Okay, guess the government will just have to step in! Why not just skip all the bull and bluster and abdicate all our rights and responsibilities!

It's a disgusting commentary when people openly admit that they cannot deal with their responsibilities and openly advocate for government control.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

And?... Like I said in that post it's a disorder just like BIID.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

It's a disgusting commentary when people openly admit that they cannot deal with their responsibilities and openly advocate for government control.

Oh, so - are you saying that people know how to be good parents without any training or education? LOL
Raising a child is probably the most important job a person can ever have.
Far, far too many who become parents haven't the slightest idea how to do it. It's a generational problem.
But I'm not in the mood to go into family systems, the profound need for parent education, or the rampant abuse that kids endure at the hands of incompetent parents.

If parents would take the time, of their own free will, to learn about parenting, there would be NO NEED for "government" guidance. I worked as a parenting educator for years, friend. If you think that any person who gets pregnant, or begets a child, is automatically capable of raising that child into a functioning citizen, then we are miles apart.

edit on 6/6/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: peck420

Okay, well. I cave. You win. Let's just all be a mass of intolerant jackasses to each other. THAT always works out well.
No harm, no foul.
/sarcasm

You cannot legislate decency. That never works. Whenever that tendency begins to occur you know that the ball is really starting to roll downhill in terms of an asymmetrical balance of power between the government and the governed. This is not a valid answer. It is not even a band-aid solution although it can seem that way initially. It is far easier to say "Well, the government should just MAKE them act the way I think they should" then to examine the full scope of what tolerance is and its implications regarding personal and societal accountability.

Forcing exposure to a belief system on children is not promoting tolerance, it is the opposite. It is indoctrination of the worst sort at that point and wrong. When you have a society that is not tolerant of different beliefs and even further, as is happening in the U.S. currently, when a society that held a premise of tolerance begins to abandon it, this is indicative of a weakness in the society itself. Utilizing the state to enforce a belief system is just begging for a paradigm shift towards totalitarianism. The answer must come from the population not the state or we will be left with a far more damaging situation in the end.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It's called personal responsibility.

We can either suffer the fools who breed like rabbits or roll over and let government take care of all our problems.

Personally, I'd rather have idiots raising children than have some bean-counter in DC determine "tolerance" and the proper course for raising my child

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Forcing exposure to a belief system on children is not promoting tolerance, it is the opposite. It is indoctrination of the worst sort at that point and wrong.

I'm not talking about "belief systems". That would be the parents who keep their kids locked in their homes and teach them only Bible stories and intolerance of others.

These people (LGBTQ) are what they are. They exist. For whatever reason, they are that way. It's important for other kids to realize that not everyone is like them. SOME people are like them, but SOME people are not.

I think the issue here is that people think that LGBTQ folks are "sick" and somehow choosing their sexual/gender identities. I'm going to bow out of this hate fest now - but in my experience (personal and professional), this is neither true, nor a reason to hide them away like lepers.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

We can either suffer the fools who breed like rabbits or roll over and let government take care of all our problems.

Personally, I'd rather have idiots raising children than have some bean-counter in DC determine "tolerance" and the proper course for raising my child

What? Those are the only two options you see? How about if parents teach their kids how to be good parents in the first place? Yeah, we suffer the fools who breed like rabbits with no clue about child development, brain development, nutrition, healthy diet and exercise.....
whose kids wind up in foster care, or psych hospitals, or DEAD - BECAUSE THEIR PARENTS ARE CRAP. How about if support systems are in place for people who find themselves 'expecting' unexpectedly? If communities - people working together and sharing their knowledge - were doing it, there would be no need for 'oversight' from the government.

I'm no bean-counter in DC, but I can tell you that I have helped dozens of bewildered parents learn how best to nurture their kids.

And with that, I'm out - I'm sure I'll be accused of 'argumentum authoritariatum" or whatever bullcrap phrase to belittle my own knowledge and position.

My kids are successfully grown. I made it my life's work to achieve that.

see you guys around

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join