It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 shot at Seattle Pacific university Otto Miller hall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

The 21st Century version of the ambulance chaser, right here. The instant one of these incidents happens, there that one person is.

Thoughts for the victims and their families... you deserve better than to be used as pawns in some agenda driven game of bullcrap.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
1 dead, 3 wounded
www.komonews.com...
The gunman walked into the Otto Miller Building just after 3 p.m. and shot four people, Seattle police said. The gunman then began reloading when staff members were able to disarm him, police said.

------------------------

blogs.seattletimes.com...
Update at 3:58 p.m.: Otto Miller Hall is being evacuated.

That must be where they keep all the hot blond sorority chicks.

/
edit on 5-6-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Another update - CNN is saying that the suspect was taken down and disarmed by either staff or students or both.

Still waiting on the police news conference.

ETA - It was the staff that disarmed him.
edit on 5-6-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

1 dead, 3 wounded
www.komonews.com...
The gunman walked into the Otto Miller Building just after 3 p.m. and shot four people, Seattle police said. The gunman then began reloading when staff members were able to disarm him, police said.

------------------------

blogs.seattletimes.com...
Update at 3:58 p.m.: Otto Miller Hall is being evacuated.

That must be where they keep all the hot blond sorority chicks.

/

Thank god for the staff or it probably would have been much worse.. HEROS

edit on 5-6-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9 ATS should have a forum for mass shootings/killings. We all know it'll happen again. Where next ?

sad but true.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But then knives lack the melodramatic flair and histrionics the control pimps need to make their emotional based "we have to change" statements. Everybody understands knives. Virtually every adult has, at one time or another, held a knife, sliced a sandwich, or chopped a carrot... kinda difficult for fear mongers to zero in on the jumpy nerve centers if they're trying to demonize something everybody uses without much thought. Firearms, however, oooh... take some schlub that grew up in preppy suburbia, never has held a firearm, never has seen one outside of the sensationalistic bullcrap out of the media and Hollywood. Take that same schlub whose grown up in the brainwashing horsecrap from the left that touts the evils of the gun and Dianne Feinsteins hypocritical ramblings and present him or her with a series of media sensationalized crimes featuring firearms and you got something. You've got a scared little segment of society who is all too eager to give up freedoms they don't even personally appreciate, for themselves and everyone else, in the name of a resumption of their false little sense of security.

The media and the government surely have a book somewhere. I'm guessing it's titled something like "The Tyrant Fear Monger's Cookbook", and they use it like a manual to both manipulate public sentiment and arrouse the exciteable into action. Almost without fail those exciteable few leave the whole nation stuck with worthlessness like the TSA... or Homeland Security... or the ever popular Patriot Act... Thank the Lord they haven't yet found a way to do the same with gun bans...

Sound familiar.

Yeah because you never used a tragedy to push a pro gun agenda..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

We simply MUST sacrifice a few of our liberties for a measure of safety:

No civil liberties for you my friend!

Deserve neither and lose both.

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
YAY for guns....

Yay for whatever mood altering prescription drug the shooter was undoubtedly on....

And to you, I have been saying this for a while now.. I am going to tell you what they tell me..

There is no way in hell that these drugs can effect these people this way.. There is no proof of it.. bla bla bla..

For the record I agree with you.. but this is all I hear when I bring up what kinda prescription was he on.
edit on 6/5/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/5/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Yep..you can thank those who oppose any reasonable gun laws.

"You actually think that criminals will obey gun control laws?
You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"

Can't understand progressive logic!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WAstateMosin

Yep..you can thank those who oppose any reasonable gun laws.

"You actually think that criminals will obey gun control laws?
You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"

Can't understand progressive logic!

Or how about more guns means less killing.

Talk about a special kind of stupid..

I too cannot understand pro gun logic!
edit on 5-6-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

You know.. I want you to prove you case..

You say less guns prevent crime, I am tired of you talking forever no proof.. shut up or put up..

I want to see proof that less guns is equal to less crimes.. You can start wit DC, Chicago, and elsewhere..

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
News conference is on now.

The police say he confronted 3 people initially, shooting all 3 of them. Then as he was reloading, he was pepper sprayed and a staff member took him down and other students began piling on top of him and held him until police arrived.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Yeah, that really worked out for the USSR citizens/victims-of-Stalin and North Koreans victims of KJU, huh?! BTW, how about the shooter in Canada, where gun ownership is extremely restricted? Really worked well there, right? Right?!
edit on 6/5/2014 by WAstateMosin because: Clarification.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

Hmm..where have I ever stated less gun equals less crime..proof please.

I have stated stricter laws. Stricter enforcement of laws. Japan is a good example of strict gun laws and strict enforcement..

Here is an example of guns not doing anything to stop crime or anything...TEXAS.

Murders, rapes and every other violent crime still happens...so tell me, where exactly is this magical place that guns stop any of this.

Pakistan has little to no gun control.

India: gun culture - and gun violence - on the rise

Every few weeks there's a new story. A motorist pulls a pistol to clear a traffic jam. An armed gang shoots and kills a young woman returning home late at night when she refuses to pull over to be robbed or raped. A man pumps a bullet into the skull of his fiancee when she decides to call off their marriage. Thugs gun down a real estate broker over a business deal. A businessman — drunk and angry over losing his job — shoots his wife, daughter and son before he turns his gun on himself. A middle-aged woman who berates two roadside Romeos for harassing her daughter is shot dead for her trouble.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

When are we finally going to DO SOMETHING???

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Boy are you going to get flamed for that one

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

What exactly do you propose? You can't "do something" about everyone - people are responsible for themselves. That goes two ways. If someone wants to "do something" they shoul focus on and start with the self (eg: consider how to take care of yourself in a situation) rather then trying to control something that cannot be... We don't live in a controlled environment, thinking that we can control others is a delusion.

ETA: You = rhetorical you
edit on 5-6-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WAstateMosin

Yeah, that really worked out for the USSR citizens/victims-of-Stalin and North Koreans victims of KJU, huh?! BTW, how about the shooter in Canada, where gun ownership is extremely restricted? Really worked well there, right? Right?!

The one rare time something like this happens in Canada..

Care to look South, where this is becoming an everyday thing. You know where gun control is fought against.

Guns in America.Really worked well there, right? Right?!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You said what to what?

Link
The Swiss Difference: A Gun Culture That Works

The country had one mass shooting in 2001, but a resulting anti-gun referendum failed to pass. The Swiss will not give up the gun. Can their system work in the U.S.?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I'd like to propose a new law.

(I've said this before)

Capital punishment for anyone who uses a firearm in the commission of a crime.

No appeals. No long trials.

Guilty, then take the person out back and shoot them in the back of the head.

Do that a few times and gun-related crimes should decrease.

No freedoms revoked or infringed.

Easy-peasy, lemmon-squeasy.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that member 'Onslaught2996' is a troll we must ignore and not feed!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join