It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did i Just See a UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hello,

I was in my back garden about 20 minutes ago in Hertfordshire England and I was staring up at the stars in the clear night sky, when I see a star that seems far away traveling pretty fast considering how far away it seems to be. Anyway I was watching it when it flashed a white light then it the object slowly disappeared.

I don't know what it was but it didn't seem normal, has anyone seen anything like this before?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BloodSister

hI im not far away in Cambridgeshire, and we had quite a bit of activity over Peterborough earlier with fighter jets then helicopters. All quiet now though.

What direction was it travelling?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BloodSister
Hello,

I was in my back garden about 20 minutes ago in Hertfordshire England and I was staring up at the stars in the clear night sky, when I see a star that seems far away traveling pretty fast considering how far away it seems to be. Anyway I was watching it when it flashed a white light then it the object slowly disappeared.

I don't know what it was but it didn't seem normal, has anyone seen anything like this before?

Have you seen satellites before? Because that's what it sounds like. If you're familiar with watching satellites transit the night sky, in what way did it differ from a satellite?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

it definitely wasn't the ISS because it was over the atlantic 20 mins ago

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I was about to suggest the ISS, but your time was about 40 mins early, that passed overhead about 10 minutes ago.

Can you estimate the altitude?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The ISS was over the UK at 11.52PM, I get a e-mail informing me when it's due. The next time is 1.28am, UK time. Is that possibly the ISS then, did you check the time OP ?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If it was flying and you don't know what it was, then yes you saw a UFO. Whether or not it was an alien spacecraft is open to speculation. I have seen lights that appeared to be stars moving in the sky. If they change direction, it is not a satellite.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
"Did i Just See a UFO?"

Was it flying?

Was it unidentified?

Was it some type of object?

Then yes it was a UFO.

Was it an alien spacecraft? That's a whole different question.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I live over in Harlow and was walking my dog at 22:26 this evening and I watched what I thought was a bright star but was moving so I continued to watch thinking now it was a plane with its headlights on. This wasn't the case. As it flew over there was no flashing lights and no noise what so ever.. Lucky I had my iPhone on me as I did a quick vid. It's only a white dot pretty much.. As usual..lol but I filmed it none the less for a minute or so.

As it went out of site other planes where clear in the sky flashing as usual.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If you look up into the sky a lot, you will see quite a few odd things flying around. Or ordinary things that can occasionally look odd. Nothing to get tremendously exited about, though, particularly if you don't know what they are.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BloodSister
Hello,

Could it have been an iridium flare?

You can check Heavens Above for location

For whatever reason, I can't post a you tube .

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Seen something over bristol last night about 1.30am it looked like a satalite but was really bright like a star

Was moving pretty fast across the sky so ruled out a plane it was travelling from NW towards SE

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
You can sign up and get email alerts when the ISS is flying over your area. It's call Spot the Station
edit on 6-6-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sounds to me like an 'Iridium Flare' www.satobs.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Iridium flare or another sat flaring. Very common.
edit on 18-6-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
If it was flying and you don't know what it was, then yes you saw a UFO. Whether or not it was an alien spacecraft is open to speculation. I have seen lights that appeared to be stars moving in the sky. If they change direction, it is not a satellite.

lol was going to post the same thing.

The second part about seeing what appear to be stars that move in different directions...I've seen those. Hundreds of times. I've never been able to explain it. I lived in a small town so at night it got really dark. We had a trampoline so at night me and my lady friend would just hang out on it. It's quite crazy to be honest because some objects you can see waaaay up there moving around and some you can only see with the naked eye. These objects wouldn't move just a straight line, like you said they would change direction and they would do so at really fast speeds.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Uh important question. What color was the light. Was it like a star blue color. Was it simply white. Was it a dull yellowish candle flame color. The colors are important to figuring out what you saw. Could have been a satellite flare could have not been.
edit on 18-6-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

join