It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nassau County police to try dashboard, body cameras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
www.newsday.com...

The Nassau County Police Department will launch a pilot program on Monday to install dashboard cameras on patrol vehicles and require officers to wear body cameras that capture their interaction with the public.

Police officials disclosed the program -- part of an 18-month overhaul of the department's ethics policies -- shortly after Democrats in the county legislature announced a bill to create a similar pilot program. The department's initiative comes after the alleged beating of Kyle Howell, 20, of Westbury, by two Nassau police officers during an April 25 traffic stop that was caught on a nearby store's surveillance camera.

I figured many here would be pleased to see that there are gonna be officers who will be wearing cameras on their person because of past abuses against the public.

Just a pilot program, I know, but it's a step in the right direction.

edit on 5-6-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Definitely a step in the right direction. I'd like to see a pilot program involving putting cameras on politicians.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
A step in the right direction!
If the thugs will not police themselves, they will burn in the public opinion.
From there it will only get worse.
There are areas of the US where cops are not allowed to patrol due to their past....indiscretions.
To enter would be a death sentence.

join