It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish independence: Barack Obama backs 'strong and united' UK

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
a reply to: grainofsand

I dont think Salmond the Sassenach has given it the slightest thought. And I doubt he cares.

PLEASE, please stop it. (The mud slinging, name calling, ill-informed lies etc.)

It has been given a huge amount of thought.

The (very detailed) plans for citizenship have already been published.

All British citizens habitually resident in Scotland on the date of declaration of Independence will be considered as Scottish citizens.
Scots living elsewhere in the world will also be considered as Scottish citizens.
Others can apply for citizenship if they can demonstrate a valid connection with Scotland (e.g. Scottish parents / grandparents, or residing in Scotland for 10 years or more)

LINK to YES Scotland.net

Really ?

How come all scots that live in the UK can't vote?

There are over 400,000 scot who are being denied a vote that live in England alone just a stones throw away, my two next door neighbours are Scottish, several of my childhood friend/still friends are Scottish some of my family's members are Scottish they have all be refused a vote...

Probably because it would be a landslide not in favour of Scotland's greedy 1% running a hate campaign for nationalistic idiots to vote them in

It's all such a sorry shame

Any how's, keep calm, hoisted the colours & Rule Britannia

edit on 8-6-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

See the post above, he's American. It was always going to make an appearance where the subject is about the U.S president. I highly doubt hate is where he's coming from.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

It has been pointed out that being Scottish is not on UK passports, so the only way to verify someone was Scottish would be through Birth Certificates and would be very costly and difficult process. It's unfortunate but the people living here currently are the people that will be effected. You should be happy all Englishmen living in Scotland will get a vote.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

See the post above, he's American. It was always going to make an appearance where the subject is about the U.S president. I highly doubt hate is where he's coming from.

Oh please

Go to any SNP rally and you'll find hundreds of them dressed in a William Wallace outfit it really is pathetic

It's a campaign inciting hate... Based on lies, let's call it what it is

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

So much hate for us why are you even bothering arguing for it? Is it because you know your own country will get worse?

This has nothing to do with you wanting us to be in loving nurturing symbiotic union but out of fear of what you are going to lose.

You are a hypocrite only 2 posts ago you were saying I thought we were passed all this hate and then you call us "Sheeple Indeed". You've just shown your true colours and I knew it would come out eventually.

Lol you've just removed your sheeple indeed line and replaced it with pictures. What a coward, can't even stand behind your own word.

edit on 8-6-2014 by mclarenmp4 because: Previous poster edited his post to not show his hate,

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

It has been pointed out that being Scottish is not on UK passports, so the only way to verify someone was Scottish would be through Birth Certificates and would be very costly and difficult process. It's unfortunate but the people living here currently are the people that will be effected. You should be happy all Englishmen living in Scotland will get a vote.

All scots should get a vote who love with the UK, they're not considered ex pats until the love outside the UK to which Scotland is apart of

I'm not sure why you said English anyway is this a hint towards hate? What about the welsh Northern Irish? And other overseas territory all proud of the Union Jack?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

lol hypocrite. Edited your own hate, what a coward.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

So much hate for us why are you even bothering arguing for it? Is it because you know your own country will get worse?

This has nothing to do with you wanting us to be in loving nurturing symbiotic union but out of fear of what you are going to lose.

You are a hypocrite only 2 posts ago you were saying I thought we were passed all this hate and then you call us "Sheeple Indeed". You've just shown your true colours and I knew it would come out eventually.

Lol you've just removed your sheeple indeed line and replaced it with pictures. What a coward, can't even stand behind your own word.

Actually the rest of the UK would be better of while Scotland deteriorates facts are facts

But it's absolutely nothing to do with that.. it's because I am proud of our union flag and it history PERIOD! Take the scot flag out of the unions and there's no flag, It's more about history

I called the NATs sheeple for blindly going along with the the SNP hate campaign nased on utter BS lies

What did you think I meant ?

Lol true colours indeed

I served in the British army and with the scots guards on operations, lots of fun times lots of and times... Don't judge me.. you'll just never understand I guess, we're family, brothers and friends... There is no difference to Newcastle as there is to Belfast as there is to Glasgow

I'm out

Vote wisely

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Lol after reading that again, what are you doing Dave? I didn't mention English in my post the only reference I assume you are talking about was me asking you that you should be happy the way it is setup because the Englishmen in Scotland will also get a vote, thus likely to want to stay in the union thus helping your cause. I thought it was quite a simple premise but for some obviously not. But to detect a hint of hate in that. OK then.

And you can see I didn't edit my post like you did because I stand behind my words and don't lie, so you've been shown to be a hypocrite, a bad troll and hate us "Sheeple" in Scotland.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Lol after reading that again, what are you doing Dave? I didn't mention English in my post the only reference I assume you are talking about was me asking you that you should be happy the way it is setup because the Englishmen in Scotland will also get a vote, thus likely to want to stay in the union thus helping your cause. I thought it was quite a simple premise but for some obviously not. But to detect a hint of hate in that. OK then.

And you can see I didn't edit my post like you did because I stand behind my words and don't lie, so you've been shown to be a hypocrite, a bad troll and hate us "Sheeple" in Scotland.

Sorry I have no idea what you're on about

Sheeple being people who follow the bandwagons ...hate bandwagon etc

Perhaps we have a different interpretation on it?

My other point was far more scots live in other parts of th UK as English in Scotland, my other point was there are also welsh Irish to consider who are against Scottish independence from our union /flag

Also it is not my cause, it is also Scotland's cause to stay in the union I just happen to agree with them scots

Lastly... Vote wisely and good luck, we're all hoping Scotland stays with the rest of us and sorts this out together

Night

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I was responding to this.

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

I'm not sure why you said English anyway is this a hint towards hate?
What about the welsh Northern Irish? And other overseas territory all proud of the Union Jack?

There's always a minority of sheeple in every country but most are reasonable, intelligent and rational human beings.
So yes there is a small minority of Scottish that hate the English, they are very much like your EDL & their muslamic ray guns.
They are a minority.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Somebody posted this link earlier in the thread but for the life of me I can't find the post. It's a great reasoned look by the Guardian at the reasons why a an Independent Scotland is really the only option. I would recommend all to read the article because it's a very good read.

But the following part is the main reason I am now a Yes vote.

The most common wet dream of every Bullingdon Tory is the national lottery. And what a jolly wheeze it is: get the poor to fund our biggest capital projects in exchange for a cruel fairy story. Now they've doubled the stake to £2, confident that the benefit cuts are increasing their customer base daily. In Glasgow, the boss of a council-run regeneration agency was given a £500k pay-off at a time when the Citizens Advice Bureau is reporting almost 1,000 calls a day from people whose families have been impoverished by the benefit cuts. Life for millions of people under the most rapacious and reactionary government in 150 years has diminished. To prevent the peasants revolting, however, they have been treated to exaggerated displays of unity euphoria such as the Olympics and assorted royal jubilees.

Labour in the UK long ago gave up any pretence at being the party of the marginalised and the vulnerable. Instead, it throws rotten fruit at the SNP when it says what Labour should be saying. Alex Salmond last week painted a handsome picture of what a new Scottish constitution following independence would look like. Every Scot, he said, would have a right to a home and free education. There will be no nuclear weapons. And we'll decide who we're fighting and who we're not. Until Blair, Mandelson, Balls and Miliband hijacked the party, that was what I thought Labour stood for. Now they simply boo and hiss with the Tories and say it can't be done.

The Guardian

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Meanwhile....back on topic.....
It has been confirmed by Obamamama's aides/advisors that he responded to the question of Scottish Independence at the behest of the UK Government.

I can't find a link just now as it's breaking on Sky news 8.55am GMT

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Meanwhile....back on topic.....
It has been confirmed by Obamamama's aides/advisors that he responded to the question of Scottish Independence at the behest of the UK Government.

I can't find a link just now as it's breaking on Sky news 8.55am GMT

Rainbows
Jane

Cameron asked the BBC to Ask the Question...The BBC reported the answer but never once said it was a BBC reporter who asked the question nor that it was a set up....
So much for remaining impartial (and there are rules in place that they must do this)...people should be sacked over this.
edit on 9-6-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Absolutely! I'm furious but not in the least bit surprised by the underhanded shenanigans.

I have/am watching the Sky news (100 days of it to go....) coverage. So far it seems pretty impartial and taking the middle road.

I am also getting piddled off with the line that keeps getting banded about "we should stay together because we'll be stronger together".....well that's worked well so far hasn't it......NOT.....I wish somebody would come back on that one in the media and shoot it down in flames.

*sitting on my sofa going Grrrrrrrr*

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Yeah We are stronger together...Tell that to the millions of kids living in poverty. Tell that to the thousands of pensioners who die each year because of cold and malnutrition.
Tell that to the millions of kids on zero hour contracts in # low paid jobs with virtually no hope of progressing in life. Tell that to the 1 million Iraq's who have lost their lives.
Tell that to the ever increasing numbers of homeless. Tell that to the Nurse who will very soon be working for a private company, i could go on and on here.

No, You will never hear the No Camp discuss these facts...
Better together is just a Westminster sound bite. Absolutely Meaningless garbage.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Obama needs to keep his nose out of the Uk's business.

Internal divisions are fraught with tensions and distrust and emotion. Getting involved from outside is a recipe for disaster. Take your agenda and F.O. Leave the issue to be decided by Scotland and the UK. No help or input is needed or requested.

Besides, given how poorly he runs his own country he should really stay focused at home.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
oops, double post.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Have at it.

Though I have to admit, I find it amusing that so many are getting angry about an American, President or not, opining on matters in Britain; while merrily giving their own opinions on matters in the U.S.

But, as I say, knock yourself out.

edit on 6/9/2014 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
@ Taranis

I think you will find more Irish are behind the Scots quest for Independence than there are against. a Lot more, after all they did declare their own independence from the UK in 1916...lol
As for the Welsh, i'm pretty sure the Welsh will be watching this one VERY closely...If the Scots Vote Yes, the Welsh will surely follow.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join