It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish independence: Barack Obama backs 'strong and united' UK

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Nah....it's also produced in Ireland (albeit a slightly different recipe) the recipe originated in France.
Did you know drop for drop it has more caffeine than Red Bull?

I love Buckfast Abbey btw...one of my favourite places in the world. I used to live in Newton Abbot for 5 years and used to pop down on a fairly regular basis to take in the wonderfully relaxing energies and buy all sorts of bits and bobs from their various shops....but funnily enough I never ever bought 'The Wine'. My mum did when she visited

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: crazyewok

As a descendant of Scots I can only say...........

Yes, And Many great Scots have Died in the pursuit of...OUR FREEDOM.
Another reason why Yes is the only way to go..
Alien Act 1705

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Nah....it's also produced in Ireland (albeit a slightly different recipe) the recipe originated in France.
Did you know drop for drop it has more caffeine than Red Bull?

See, that's the Danger of Buckfast. It's Mixture of Drugs and Alcohol, something you are warned not to do...
You are pissed out yer tree but you are so high you dont know it...Scary stuff.
I suppose it's like Red Bull and Vodka...But hey, Marahoodgy is Banned...don you be no smokin no Marahoodgy boy...here, have some Caffeine and Alcohol..and then nip up that scaffolding for that girls party balloon..aaaahyeeeeee.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

>sigh<

And we managed to get through quite a few pages before that pile-o-crap film was mentioned!

Not an American, are you?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Well as his name suggests, Wallace was a Welshman and Robert de Brus was a Norman ..... As indeed were the Stewards (Stuarts).

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Although to be fair, Longshanks was also Norman.

As an aside, the English have never invaded Ireland

Edit, or, indeed, Scotland (not under an English king). Though the Scots did drive the English out of the Lothians and the Welsh out of Ysrad Clud (before Scotland existed).
edit on 8-6-2014 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason
Haha, I thought exactly the same thing, it's nearly always someone from the US who posts 'that film' in Scottish threads.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Quite - Edinburgh was founded by Anglo-Saxons from the Kingdom of Northumbria, later being conquered by those dastardly Scots....

And you're right about us not "invading", we were simply the first who got done over by the Normans, had all our leadership replaced by Norman and Breton (Welsh stock Frenchmen) Lords and then they went over to Ireland (with Norman and Breton troops) with a Papal Bull (albeit from the only English Pope, ever) to further their conquest...

But it's always us English who get the blame..

Beyond the Norman and Plantagenet (also of Frankish origin) era, most of the Wars (if not all) with Scotland were as a result of the wars with France, who had the Scots play silly buggers up north to distract and harass England.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Does anyone have any information about plans after a yes vote and Scottish citizenship?
Will there be a cut-off date or something where anyone living legally in Scotland on day X will get it automatically, including any EU national?
What about my Scottish mates down here on the South Devon coast, will they be able to apply for citizenship while 'abroad' or would they have to register at an address North of the border first?

Just curious if there are any expressed intentions by the SNP or whoever about this rather detailed nit-picky but important question about independence.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I dont think Salmond the Sassenach has given it the slightest thought. And I doubt he cares.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

I dont think Salmond the Sassenach has given it the slightest thought. And I doubt he cares.

Alex Salmond is a Saxon??...that's a new one. lol
Anyway back in the real world, Alex is one of the smartest men in politics by a country mile.
He's had 30+ years in politics to give it a thought. And you can bet your bottom dollar he cares.
Alex is in it for the benefit of Scotland and it's people unlike those self serving bastards who have sold us all out for cheap political gains on the road to Wastemonster.
edit on 8-6-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

PLEASE, please stop it. (The mud slinging, name calling, ill-informed lies etc.)

It has been given a huge amount of thought.

The (very detailed) plans for citizenship have already been published.

All British citizens habitually resident in Scotland on the date of declaration of Independence will be considered as Scottish citizens.
Scots living elsewhere in the world will also be considered as Scottish citizens.
Others can apply for citizenship if they can demonstrate a valid connection with Scotland (e.g. Scottish parents / grandparents, or residing in Scotland for 10 years or more)

LINK to YES Scotland.net

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Alex Salmond is a Saxon??...that's a new one. lol

Not really - he hails from an area not far from Edinburgh and, having looked at his family history, it seems his family has lived there for many generations - going back beyond the Industrial Revolution, which usually implies they are an "original" family - which would then imply - given the area's historic settlement by the Kingdom of Northumbria - that he is (at least in part) of Anglo Saxon stock.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Andy may I ask please...do you have something against the Welsh? You see, I am very confused by what I am assuming to be an Englishman living in Evesham saying Prydain am Byth......are you taking the proverbial?

I've meant to ask you before....but this thread being 'nationalistic' and all reminded me.

Diolch yn fawr am eich amser.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Thanks for the link, appreciate it.
I figured the had to be a plan somewhere.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

You are very welcome.

G

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

....my girls could get dual citizenship then! There's useful look you now (said in her broadest welsh accent!)

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
as a Scotsman I feel that I have to remind people that if they are voting for independence or not that they are not voting for mr salmond as a new leader of Scotland ,but for independence as a whole not for one man

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: openminded2011

>sigh<

And we managed to get through quite a few pages before that pile-o-crap film was mentioned!

Not an American, are you?

Yes, I am an American. Not the most historically accurate film but a good movie none the less. You are entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So your opinion is based on hate ?

Ahh just as expected

Come on now I thought we was past all this dark ages BS, isn't it about time we all moved on ?

I am disappointed

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join