It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish independence: Barack Obama backs 'strong and united' UK

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Scotland cannot survive on its own without extreme poverty striking hard

You do not know that, it is an assertion.
Please do not declare expected forecasts as known facts.

LOL

Please for Christ sakes I'm not even going to bother it's going to be a spectacular show... Read the facts, read the warnings, Scotland cannot continue after a yes vote in the same way they have been the budget cuts will be huge, the job losses will be record high, Scotland will be well and truly in the brown stuff

Whose going to nail Scotland out?

EU?

Seriously where is all this money to fund everything as before going to come from... Loans? Where? How?

All I'm going to say is... Wait and see

I'll just leave this here too

edit on 7-6-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Scotland cannot survive on its own without extreme poverty striking hard

You do not know that, it is an assertion.
Please do not declare expected forecasts as known facts.

well , it maybe an assertion but it's not without merits .

you guys are bit rusty when it comes to steering your own ship in high seas . it is only expected that scottish rites will do you good deal .

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Holy sh# each school costs us 4.5 billion, someone making a lot of money out of that one.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Tell me something...

Do you think these people give a single # about the people of Scotland?

Do you honestly believe that they would suffer from the huge tax increases, huge job losses, huge black holes I'm Scotland's budget?

Let's be honest all the funding is coming from Scotland's 1% who stand to make a fortune while the average scots suffer... They no dummies... The nationalists drinking whiskey watching brave heart are lol

www.theguardian.com...

Nearly 80% of donations to Scotland's pro-independence campaign over the past year came from EuroMillions lottery winners Colin and Chris Weir.

The Weirs, who won £161m in the EuroMillions lottery in 2011, have donated £2.5m to the Yes Scotland campaign since April last year. They gave a further £1m in its first year of operation, figures published by the campaign show. In a letter published in the Scotsman last Thursday, the Weirs rejected allegations that they were duped into giving the money. "As lifelong supporters of independence, it would be strange if we did not support the Yes Scotland campaign," they wrote. "No one bullied or targeted us."

Hey want to get even richer? Support and fund the campaign for Scotland's 1%

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Sorry Dave but I lost interest as soon as you started with all the negativity and then lost my respect by trying to troll. Why are you so bothered about it, do you live in Scotland what's your vested interest in this, I'm just curious?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

Sorry Dave but I lost interest as soon as you started with all the negativity and then lost my respect by trying to troll. Why are you so bothered about it, do you live in Scotland what's your vested interest in this, I'm just curious?

I'm British

I care about our proud union...

Nothing good ever come from stepping backwards

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
My thinking is on a global scale who cares.
Obvious those in power or something to loose but not many really.

It seems like a wasted effort, for the wrong reasons.
Independence from London to Edinburgh. Same set up just more for the winner.
If your life is about getting a little more for yourself then possibly you miss other issues such as poverty.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

OK fair enough and believe it or not I am Pro Union and was a No for a long time. My grandfather nearly died on so many occasions in WW2 for this nation but I feel that we have lost our government to big business and when all party leaders are practically identical it just feels like we have no choice anymore.
It's sad that it's come to this but I feel it's been inevitable for a long time.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
And I said this to Stu earlier in the thread we have such strong trade, people and cultural links we won't be dividing ourselves from the rest of the UK we will just be running a government that better represents the people of Scotland.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: guidetube
My thinking is on a global scale who cares.
Obvious those in power or something to loose but not many really.

It seems like a wasted effort, for the wrong reasons.
Independence from London to Edinburgh. Same set up just more for the winner.
If your life is about getting a little more for yourself then possibly you miss other issues such as poverty.

Global exactly

The world is organising and uniting faster and faster on a grander scale each day, being a tiny independent country is in reverse of what the world is doing, Scotland will end up in the EU after failing to keep its head above the water which is absolutely undeniable facts based on facts and warnings from just about everyone whose has interests in Scotland

It's join the EU after failure or after causing huge financial damage to the UK and British armed forces prey the UK votes Yes to reunification after the damage caused for being stupid...

It's a global economy, Scotland must remember that, every deal ever done under the union will be revised and renegotiated, and not in Scotland's favour

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

OK fair enough and believe it or not I am Pro Union and was a No for a long time. My grandfather nearly died on so many occasions in WW2 for this nation but I feel that we have lost our government to big business and when all party leaders are practically identical it just feels like we have no choice anymore.
It's sad that it's come to this but I feel it's been inevitable for a long time.

What and you think people in wales, England, Northern Ireland, and territory's army in the same boat

We're all family, and family stick together when times get hard, that's apart of our identity and culture

Suck it up and pull your head out the sand

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

And I said this to Stu earlier in the thread we have such strong trade, people and cultural links we won't be dividing ourselves from the rest of the UK we will just be running a government that better represents the people of Scotland.

Scotland will be able to achieve that under a no vote tho

And what exactly would those powers be?

Because the only ones I can see is more power to Scotland's SNP and not the people, there are reasons governments break promises... And that's money, they were unrealistic unaffordable lies for votes

Just look outside the UK, you'll find it fairly common

Face the facts Scotland will be worst off and will be bailing

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Look Triton you're obviously a passionate guy and I am likewise but your condescending of a whole country by saying we're useless and are going to fail. You are perpetuating everything that we hate that we are servants to the rest of the UK and that's why I will vote yes.
Instead of doom mongering you should change tact and show people the benefits of retaining the union.

Anyway it's getting late so I'm off, good night all.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I think you look to fixed on the current norm. What is best for now? Dealing with this that or other. London, Bankers, Politicians. Independence not: Business negotiation and misguided ideas.

Global in the sense that why join the EU when their is bigger markets: deal with all.
A vote of independence to join the same thing.

Consider your vote worth it for your wishes or choosing between someone else's.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: guidetube

I think you look to fixed on the current norm. What is best for now? Dealing with this that or other. London, Bankers, Politicians. Independence not: Business negotiation and misguided ideas.

Global in the sense that why join the EU when their is bigger markets: deal with all.
A vote of independence to join the same thing.

Consider your vote worth it for your wishes or choosing between someone else's.

I don't think anybody is fixed on the what's best for now tbh... More of a concern for the future of Scotland

Again you must for your children's sakes educate yourself on the facts, and listen to those who are responsible for thousands and thousands of jobs in Scotland,

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Look Triton you're obviously a passionate guy and I am likewise but your condescending of a whole country by saying we're useless and are going to fail. You are perpetuating everything that we hate that we are servants to the rest of the UK and that's why I will vote yes.
Instead of doom mongering you should change tact and show people the benefits of retaining the union.

Anyway it's getting late so I'm off, good night all.

Nope I'm not telling you Scotland is useless

I'm telling you we're stronger more efficient & better together, and we all share the same problems as Scotland in the UK, the SNP is no different to what's on offer in Westminster only offer les and telling more lies

You get more than most parts of the UK

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The OP is totally obvious. Obama despises the idea of not being totally dependent upon a higher power... generally him but anyone will do. Independence is the greatest enemy of an authoritarian.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

He could have answered the question by stating that the matter was none of his concern. However, his answer appears to have been effectively a 'favour' for David Cameron. Quality news sources here (well as quality as they can be) agree that the US or its president have no real interest in Scotland's independence or no - but that he seems to have been asked to just say 'something' on the matter in support of the UK govt.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I'm telling you we're stronger more efficient & better together, and we all share the same problems as Scotland in the UK, the SNP is no different to what's on offer in Westminster only offer les and telling more lies

Really? Stronger together? If the UK is of such benefit to the people of Scotland could you explain the 'Glasgow Effect' ? It is the UK's sickest city. Unemployment is rife - largely due to incapacity and general lack of opportunity. Heroin useage is the second highest per capita in the world being beaten in that dubious honour only by Iran.

WE ARE NOT VOTING FOR THE SNP - WE ARE VOTING FOR INDEPENDENCE.

This vote is greater than one political party - and certainly greater than Salmond alone.

In the first half of the 20th century Scotland was a naturally Conservative voting nation and so, with independence, we may even vote tory again - but Scottish tory - working in Scotland's interests. Who knows? One thing's for sure - I'll be voting YES because any change from the status quo is a better option for me and my family's future.

Why is Glasgow the UK's Sickest City? - BBC
edit on 8-6-2014 by christina-66 because: posted link

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Well that picture was useful, thank you.....nice to see the pint of beer in Norway has come down more compared to the UK's having gone up. I remember when a pint of coke used to cost more than what the beer does now in Norway.....well done Norway.
You also have to remember......wages are much much higher in Norway....3x at least for those who work in the oil industry here. Our boys love working for the Norwegians and staying dry for their 3 week shift....they come back with pockets bulging with dosh.

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join