It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Bergdahl declared jihad in 2010, secret documents show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This just broke from James Rosen of FOX News:

U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl at one point during his captivity converted to Islam, fraternized openly with his captors and declared himself a "mujahid," or warrior for Islam, according to secret documents prepared on the basis of a purported eyewitness account and obtained by Fox News.

The reports indicate that Bergdahl's relations with his Haqqani captors morphed over time, from periods of hostility, where he was treated very much like a hostage, to periods where, as one source told Fox News, "he became much more of an accepted fellow" than is popularly understood. He even reportedly was allowed to carry a gun at times.

MORE:
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well Well.

Sounds like classic Stockholm Syndrome.

I wounder if the Administration negotiators looked for signs ?

This whole thing is not over with.

And I think we only know 10% of the real story.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This report is fascinating. Apparently, Bergdahl's relationship with his captors ranged from attempting escape...to carrying an AK-47 and declaring Jihad.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Rosen's TWITTER feed is also very interesting:

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Patty Hearst was absolved of her actions in most peoples' eyes; maybe Bowe will be, too.
Then, again; there's Jane Fonda.....

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Then, again; there's Jane Fonda.....

For some reason, every time I see or hear her name I have to use the bathroom.

edit on 5-6-2014 by BestinShow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Well .. I don't know. This guy walked into their arms willingly. He was primed and ready and he pulled the trigger himself. There may have been more conditioning once he got there, but he put himself in their hands. I don't know about Stockholm Syndrome. That would mean he was an unwilling participant at first, and it really looks like he was willing from the first moment he walked off duty ...

I guess time will tell. I wonder if we'll get the whole truth?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The story is what your not being told you dont swap five high profile prisoners for a guy of his rank,Im pretty sure there must of been something else to the deal.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well you know people this all propaganda, he is a hero his father is not muslim and we are all bad people.

Anyway I was reading in a blog that the Obama administration is now trying to silence the soldiers that were closes to Bergdahl's to stop the leak of information, I guess in case a court martial is in the future.

Very interesting.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Yes, millions of tax dollars in ransom, that is what Oliver North is been saying, but you know we can not trust him because of his past.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
This relavation is very troubling...

His unit was suspicious of a trend where solders were dieing from improve motars, IEDs after his desertion.

He added the enemy is going to be the outcome of the investigation...his fate of execution by the military is a real possibility now.

edit on 5-6-2014 by Granite because: sp

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Well despite his purple heart for injuries sustained during paper shredding in the Iran contra scandal he sometimes tells the truth
edit on 5-6-2014 by khnum because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It looks as if he deserted and expected to be received by the Taliban with open arms.
When they treated him as a captive...he tried to escape. After being recaptured...he converted to Islam and declared Jihad.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: xuenchen

Well .. I don't know. This guy walked into their arms willingly. He was primed and ready and he pulled the trigger himself. There may have been more conditioning once he got there, but he put himself in their hands. I don't know about Stockholm Syndrome. That would mean he was an unwilling participant at first, and it really looks like he was willing from the first moment he walked off duty ...

I guess time will tell. I wonder if we'll get the whole truth?

Perhaps he walked in with a different view of what was to become a "captive" situation.

He may have had different ideas of what the "enemy" was.

And we haven't heard and "medication" twists yet either.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Maybe he went into survival mode and converted to Islam, declared Jihad etc to survive!!!

now be really honest with yourselves,
If you were being held captive by someone that your life hanged on a thin thread and in any second they could end it, would you not also tell them what they wanted to hear.

edit on 5-6-2014 by lambchop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Bergdahl is the left hand that everyone is watching while the right hand has committed the true crime.

This whole thing is an" in your face" event perpetrated by Obama's handlers, this is only the ground work for what is to come.

IMO
edit on 5-6-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline
WHAT is yet to come? Please elaborate.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I always count on Obama to bring on bigger and better scandals...don't you TAT ?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, it is cheaper to support one prisoner in jail than the five that we had before. The US made out on this deal, those other guys were getting a little gray already, their medical costs were about to go up.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Maybe the Millions Bergdahl will make from his book/movie should go to the families of the men who died searching for him.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join