It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traces of another world found on the Moon (BBC)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ezwip
...Sitchin's the only person that can seem to interpret the writings this way. I like his theories they are exciting and the folks on the History channel do a great job of selling it, unfortunately none of them seem have the credentials to back that up.

Thanks for the response!
If he proves to be correct...maybe history will amend its condemnation of his work/s.
I don't know ---- Do you?
What I found most compelling about his work/s was...it (or - at least...parts of it) made more sense to me...than Any other story I had seen presented.
I care, not a bit, for the credentials that seem to impress most detractors. In fact - I ABHOR them.
If one needs to resort to their credentials...to convince anyone that They Are Right and The Other - Wrong...their views are of no value, to me.
They could be right...but - I MAY NEVER KNOW...because they place more value in Credentials than...I.

Nonetheless - I appreciate that you have considered the postulations enough to count them worth...consideration (as have I)...while continuing to await full-blown-Proof-or-Disproof.
Every new "Discovery" is almost always just another 'theory' based on someone's interpretation of new/additional information.
Guess Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
If the earth got hit by another planet it would just be like a pool ball hitting a pool ball , the other planet would of just knocked the earth and carried on through space causing major volcanos on earth and put the earth in a spin leaving all the guts of the earth spewing out which is now the moon ! This created a few moons but they smashed into each other but a couple of moons fell back to earth after a few million years and wiped out the dinosaurs ! No need to thank me so now cue burn your history books !

edit on 7-6-2014 by Denoli because: Rushed my theory of earth 30 secs changed to 31 secs

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Reply to self and maybe this is a constant dance between the 2 maybe this has happened a few hundred times moon clips earth carries on its path earth spews lava creates say 5 moons 4 fall back to earth and leaves one and round and round again

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Very cool thread. They are just looking for money and fame. It is a good theory, and does make sense, but to start it off he says something that is as of now the main stream view is wrong. And just how did they get a newer rock sample from the moon if we haven't gone back? I think he misspoke because it sounded like they have retrieved a new sample, unless it was from a Moon rover or something. a reply to: IsaacKoi

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli
Good for you. Honestly!
Might as well keep exploring your theories & postulations...
Doesn't matter if anyone chimes in or agrees.
Just keep working them, while they're going through your mind.
May find that they're right or wrong or...slightly right &/or slightly wrong... BUT ...at least you're working them out/through.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash
Good for you. Honestly!
May find that they're right or wrong or...slightly right &/or slightly wrong... BUT ...at least you're working them out/through.

I'm just an average guy who doesn't get sucked in to the vacuum of the follow the leader, the earth is flat bs in reality those who think outside the box are generally right and those in the box have tunnel vision and never come out of the tunnel just my 10 cents ,it's just like when people look for solutions to things they say it got tried in the past so we can rule that out and go along with it .BUT REALLY WE SHOULD REEVALUATE EVERYTHING .
Maybe the answers we seek are in the past not the future if u get what I mean .

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So Saturns moon Titan is about the same size as our moon and yet it has ice on it.
So what are you suggesting? Why is there ice on Titan, is it possible that our moon is hollow?

I thought that gravity is a function of mass?

Maybe we can go down the rabbit hole that our moon is perhaps hollow or that it was thrown or moved into orbit around earth to produce that thin layer called the biosphere. The type of life on this earth without a hollow moon or any moon at all would be somewaht different than it is today.

I love the ancient astronauts or gods who did this engineering. We have quite a nice planet here

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Compared to other moons earths moon is very round and spheric. In my mind for that to happen that would make more sense when the moon formed out of the hot gases and magma that later cooled down to be the earth.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I remember reading that the cometary material returned from the stardust mission included mineral grains that formed under prolonged intense heating. Comets for the most part come from the Oort cloud which is one or two degrees above absolute zero. It indicates that materials were moving all over the solar system in the early days. There are even indications that Uranus and Neptune formed in the inner solar system and gradually moved out to their present orbits. The solar system was a very different place in the beginning than it is now. Nothing they find would surprise me.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

the remnant of that collision is the asteroid belt.

if the Moon formed by pieces of debris reaccreting then why is it so stable? Our wobble is probably from that impact and it's probably what caused Unranus' axis to tilt parallel to our solar plane.

we're talking about advanced civilizations who could by definition do incredible things compared to our knowledge. We ask "how could they travel such vast distances? it's like impossible!!! there is no way someone could move planets around like furniture." as if we fully understand nature. It's actually an irrational way to think.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

but Moon rock is not rich with water
news.discovery.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
a reply to: ionwind

why isn't the Moon spinning and/or wobbling if it formed out of an accretion disk of debris from the impact not very long ago? what accounts for it's stability? maybe the Moon belonged to the planet that hit Earth and was captured after the impact?

The Moon is spinning. It spins once on it's axis in exactly the same amount of time it takes it to revolve once around the Earth. So we always see the same side. This is caused by Tidal locking.

The Moon is also moving away from the Earth. In the past it would have been much larger in the sky. It's moving away at about 3.8 cm (1.5 inches) per year. The was confirmed by the laser reflectors left by the Apollo astronauts on the moon.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Merinda

so then how could the Moon be so stable? if it formed out of swirling gases and liquefied rock then why is it not still spinning? even the Earth spins and has a wobble why not the Moon? why is it so stable?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ionwind

both your reasons are more in favor of it being captured by the Earth after it lost its companion in the impact. the reason the Moon has Earth rock and other exotic rock is that it was hit with debris but already formed earlier somehow I don't know. news.discovery.com...

can you explain how Uranus accreted perpendicular (or is it tangential) to our solar plane?
edit on 7-6-2014 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
a reply to: WhiteAlice

our scar? google earth and check out the Pacific basin. look around Indonesia and Australia, looks like an exit wound flapped back like that. looks like something hit it from the south pole which is how it was described 5 thousand years ago.

That's what I was saying. Take away the vegetation and the water and the earth loses her pretty make up. She's been around the block a few times, ya know?

PS. Try reading the entirety of someone's post instead of halting and responding midway through or at the beginning.
edit on 7/6/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Sorry...it would be nothing like pool. In pool you have interactions between the balls that do not involve any give or breakage whatsoever. If you want to draw a parallel, throw 2 mudballs at each other... that would be much closer than a couple of pool balls.

Remember that, today, the earth is primarily composed of molten rock. Only the very thin outer shell is cooled. The core is composed of molten iron and nickel. So if another planet sized body hit the earth, there is no way the earth would behave like a pool ball.....

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

No.

There is zero evidence to suggest such, not to mention the dynamics are all wrong. The Moon's orbit is not one that will ever bring it into close contact with earth, at least not without outside influence.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

originally posted by: WanDash
Good for you. Honestly!

I'm just an average guy who doesn't get sucked in to the vacuum of the follow the leader, the earth is flat bs in reality those who think outside the box are generally right and those in the box have tunnel vision and never come out of the tunnel just my 10 cents ,it's just like when people look for solutions to things they say it got tried in the past so we can rule that out and go along with it .BUT REALLY WE SHOULD REEVALUATE EVERYTHING .
Maybe the answers we seek are in the past not the future if u get what I mean .

yeah, but you know there is no substitute for ignorance.

It's nice to formulate new theories and all, but please start from a frame of reference that is at least realistic. Comparing the collision of 2 worlds with pool balls is not a realistic scenario.

Saying that those thinking outside the box are generally right is also a nonsensical statement. Are you suggesting that you, since you are thinking "outside the box" will be correct even though you have little or no education and experience working through astrophysical applications whereas someone who has the training, the math, the experience are generally wrong?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Sorry...it would be nothing like pool. In pool you have interactions between the balls that do not involve any give or breakage whatsoever. If you want to draw a parallel, throw 2 mudballs at each other... that would be much closer than a couple of pool balls.

Remember that, today, the earth is primarily composed of molten rock. Only the very thin outer shell is cooled. The core is composed of molten iron and nickel. So if another planet sized body hit the earth, there is no way the earth would behave like a pool ball.....
if a planet hit ours it wouldn't create a moon it would just hurtle through space not hang around to create a moon have u ever shoulder banged or walked into someone while walking chances are you collide and both reflect each other ! Right do that in zero gravity at high speed and walla

edit on 7-6-2014 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Sitchin said that such a collision was described in the ancient texts.

This happened at the very beginning of Earth formation. So these ancients went to the moon for their own samples and figured it out? Or is it going to be people were living back then and wrote it down?

May be none of the above.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join