It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police find body in wheel well of KLM plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Authorities have found a body, believed to be that of a Norwegian teen missing since Wednesday. The aircraft was identified as an Embraer E-190, registration PH-EZC, which operated KLM 1212, from Sandefjord-Torp, and landed at Schiphol in Amsterdam. The flight departed Thursday morning.

Pictures were taken of the aircraft on the tarmac with a white sheet blocking the landing gear area, and a coroners wagon parked near it. They were working to identify the remains, but had a high degree of certainty that it was the missing 17 year old.

Dutch border police say they found a body in the wheel well of a KLM airplane that landed at Amsterdam's Schiphol airport on Thursday, and Norwegian authorities suspect it may be that of a missing teenage boy.

Norwegian police said the body was likely that of a 17-year-old from Larvik, in southern Norway, who went missing Wednesday morning and was the subject of a search by emergency services. They described him as 1.80 meters (six feet) tall and slim with blond hair and freckles.

In a statement, the Norwegian police said they couldn't be absolutely sure, "but the description and objects found with the dead person indicate with a high degree of certainty that it is the 17-year-old." They said they have contacted the youth's parents.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
isnt there some medical test this guy could go put himself through for pay or maybe try to get on fear factor lol. a plane ticket from one european country to another cant be all that much... hell dont they have trains?

i guess I'm just confused? whats the draw? the free travel? do it for the lulz? do it for the Facebook likes? i guess i just dont get why risking that and putting yourself through absolute torture to save a couple hundred bucks?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say Police were shown a body by airline employees?

The title implies an absurdity. Its not a dead body until the police see it?

This is an extension of its not a crime unless the police report it.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: UMayBRite!

Regardless of the accuracy of the title, a 17 year old kid is dead because he stowed away on a plane.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
According to skyscanner, to fly today would cost $1200+. I imagine the fact he is 17 and almost definately in some sort of crisis may be the reason for his poor judgement, though he did nearly make it to Amsterdam
only a 20 minute train journey and he would have been a happy boy.
edit on 06512014-06-06T01:51:19-05:0001amAmerica/ChicagoFriday by michael1888 because: I wrote dollars and used a $, silly me

top topics

join