It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megalithic Cultures: Were They Influenced by an Advanced and Forgotten Civilization?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts
a reply to: Logarock

Plus the trade routes from that time can be deduced by studying the origin of the minerals found in craft and jewelry, and nothing indicates trans-atlantic cultural contacts. Only European-Asian ones.

There is plenty of iconographic examples and technical examples that show otherwise. I can believe anyone that has looked at it would say "nothing indicate".

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Can you at least direct me to it?

I have the feeling it's the kind of evidence Erich von Daniken stated prove the Maya had contact with aliens or that the Egyptian knew what an helicopter was because they carved one in a tomb.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Similarities in masonry doesn't mean contact.

The only real proof of contact is to find proof of economical exchanges, things that are out of their place. Like for example the roman glass beads found in China.
edit on 6-6-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

Not really. Its from my own research on cylinder seals and SW US petroglyphs. But give me some time and I will try.

edit on 6-6-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

My meaning there had to do with smelting techniques, paper making, methods of entering dead ect that are mutually interchangeable to a large degree. The comparable nature of the higher civilizations.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

It's not a proof of contact.

Many isolated cultures made the same discoveries.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Any connection between Egypt and Mesoamerica would have to have involved time travel given that one only emerged thousands of years after the other

Fact is, at different times in history, different cultures have devised similar styles of building, albeit for different purposes.

Do we think there was a connection between Native Americans, Iron Age Britons and the Zulus, given the similarity between the houses they built?

www.native-languages.org...
blogs.warwick.ac.uk...
medieval.ucdavis.edu...
www.alltravels.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

The difference is that we know how the Zulus, Native Americans etc. built their houses and there we're talking about straight-forward & well-understood construction methods that can be replicated.

The megalithic stonework in Egypt and especially the polygonal masonry in Greece and Peru are not so well-understood concepts. We can't explain the indentations nor the peculiar knobs on the stone surfaces, neither do we know exactly how the stones were cut and moved. But yet we make all that fit into the current existing paradigm.

IMO that's a lot of open questions when considering the conclusions we're constantly being presented by mainstream science.
edit on 6-6-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Most native cultures in N/A believe in Lone Man - a White Prophet with 12 deciples. Lots of other names for this character.

Kensington Ruin Stone.
Just south of Toronto in Lake Ontario their was an Egyptian Obelisk. The area of Southern Ontario to this day is known as the Obelisk Trail. Its on lots of post-cards from the late 1800's. Apparently it fell down during a hurricane.

Hell all through New England are Monolithic structures that have simply been passed off as Root Cellers. Except some of them have 100 Ton stone roof's. And are perfectly aligned to equinox's.

There's a Roman Shipwreck discovered off the coast of Brazil.
Another Roman one off Cuba.
Ton's of Roman coins have been dredged out of the St. Lawrence river.
There are hundreds of other examples ...

People have been coming to N/A for thousands of years by boat.

Who told everyone that the world was flat and why? Cause they knew it wasn't.
edit on 6-6-2014 by 131415 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Megalithic Cultures: Were They Influenced by an Advanced and Forgotten Civilization?

Would it be possible for you to accept that they were spiritually connected ? that they were connected to the same spiritual world ? where they got the same spiritual knowledge and images from.
edit on 6-6-2014 by Ove38 because: tex fix

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The only real proof of contact is to find proof of economical exchanges, things that are out of their place. Like for example the roman glass beads found in China.

Is the story of coca and tobacco traces being found on Egyptian Mummy's one?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
So many amazing coincidences (too many perhaps) and the likeness in all things built by the Egyptians and the Inca. It's an odd one. Because one thing troubles me. The Inca were obviously of East Asian / Indian origin from the main Eastwards migration, they've gone over the Bering Strait at some point and taken the 'Pacific Highway' so to speak. Egyptians however appear to be far from it, if I am correct in assuming we still regard the modern Nubian as the product of those Egyptian workers? Completely different race. Please correct me if I'm wrong, a bit behind at the minute. It just doesn't make sense, and if it HAS to then we have to re-write the migration story.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: PonderingSceptic
a reply to: Antigod

There may be no evidence connecting the two cultures. It doesn't mean there were no trade routes or outright direct exchange of crafts, goods. It did happen numerous times in history and similar events numerous times were made accepted historical facts. My guess is that there's no need to list them.
There's a question how there cannot be a connection, as there was constant contact through Inuit–Yupik cultures where rare artifacts and goods could have traveled through Asia. Ethnology has interesting myths from them. There also could have been contacts in other areas and this cannot be excluded.

Well, the Egyptians were appalling sailors, and didn't consider the world worth exploring. They hardly even moved around the Med, their ships were just not up to transatlantic travel. Egyptian tech and culture can be traced back every step to local Med and Nile cultures, so I can't see any far distant input. I did a LOT of research into the origin of Egyptian culture, from DNA to tech and the archaeology. It's all very obviously an evolution in situ. You see small underground tombs changing into Mastabas and small step pyramids, the writing evolve from simple pictograms in the pre dynastic era, copper working arriving from the Levant. Nothing is 'odd'. Under the farming layers of dirt there's a few thousand years of a simple mesolithic ceramic culture then nothing but and stone tools right back to homo habilis.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ramcheck
So many amazing coincidences (too many perhaps) and the likeness in all things built by the Egyptians and the Inca. It's an odd one. Because one thing troubles me. The Inca were obviously of East Asian / Indian origin from the main Eastwards migration, they've gone over the Bering Strait at some point and taken the 'Pacific Highway' so to speak. Egyptians however appear to be far from it, if I am correct in assuming we still regard the modern Nubian as the product of those Egyptian workers? Completely different race. Please correct me if I'm wrong, a bit behind at the minute. It just doesn't make sense, and if it HAS to then we have to re-write the migration story.

there's zero evidence of the Inca being of Asian origin. DNA from the locals is entirely native American, and all their crops were local.

Modern Nubians are pretty much the same as ancient Nubians. The modern Egyptian is pretty much indistinguishable from teh ancient, although about 1200 years of imported female (mainly black) slaves has made a slight difference. There's surprisingly little trace from the invading Arabs, Greeks etc in modern Egyptians.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Is the story of coca and tobacco traces being found on Egyptian Mummy's one?

The Roman glass beads were probably traded many times before they reached China. Small valuable items can end up a very long way from home.

As for the nicotine in the mummies, only one person has found it. Basically with such an extraordinary claim I'd like to see a second study to back it up, as a lot of these kinds of claims have disintegrated when results couldn't be duplicated. I'd like to see a C14 dating on the mummies to prove they aren't relatively modern fakes (does happen).

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Antigod

Sure, possible. But if south American natives aren't Asian in origin, then East Asians are almost certainly of South American origin, which kind of destroys everything that we know.
edit on 6/6/14 by Ramcheck because: typo

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 131415
Most native cultures in N/A believe in Lone Man - a White Prophet with 12 deciples. Lots of other names for this character.

Kensington Ruin Stone.
Just south of Toronto in Lake Ontario their was an Egyptian Obelisk. The area of Southern Ontario to this day is known as the Obelisk Trail. Its on lots of post-cards from the late 1800's. Apparently it fell down during a hurricane.

Hell all through New England are Monolithic structures that have simply been passed off as Root Cellers. Except some of them have 100 Ton stone roof's. And are perfectly aligned to equinox's.

There's a Roman Shipwreck discovered off the coast of Brazil.
Another Roman one off Cuba.
Ton's of Roman coins have been dredged out of the St. Lawrence river.
There are hundreds of other examples ...

People have been coming to N/A for thousands of years by boat.

Who told everyone that the world was flat and why? Cause they knew it wasn't.

Kensington runestone is Norse, and we know they got to America.

AFAIK one roman coin was found in teh St Lawrence. The vikings did use to trade with them, they were in N Am.

A load of what look like amphora were found underwater off brazil (unconfirmed). Romans were also crappy sailors, if they made it that far it was an accident. If anyone from the med made it to America it would have been the Phoenicians who used to sail up to cornwall for tin.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Clovis predate most of these guys - they walked the entire distance across North America before settling in the Southern Great Lakes.

I'll be honest this makes zero sense to me. Thats an enormous distance to travel before settling anywhere. Lower British Columbia was a lush rainforest at the end of the last ice age. You wouldn't find a more hospitable environment.

Yet all the deposits you find throughout the plains are small deposits of tools intentionally buried.

Makes more sense that they arrived in the East and began venturing further West no?

I'm gonna go ahead and say the same is true for South American cultures. You don't walk from Siberia to Chile. There are no significant sites in British Columbia/Oregon/California to suggest this was how things went down. They arrived by ocean. Or by Antartica.

Furthermore the travel across the Atlantic really isn't that complicated as most want to believe. There have been countless accounts of fisherman off the coast of Africa that floated over to South America.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
And just for fun:

www.youtube.com...

Also here's a pbs article about Cactus Hill predating anything found in Alaska. 15-20k years! www.pbs.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antigod

originally posted by: Ramcheck

there's zero evidence of the Inca being of Asian origin. DNA from the locals is entirely native American, and all their crops were local.

Native American DNA is of Asian origin.

They came from there over the Bering land bridge.

Harte

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join