It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new concept for me - the INCH bag

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There's also the EDC (or Every Day Carry). While I have a BOB/GHB in my truck, the INCH requirements are also pretty much behind my truck's back seat.

But, none of this will do me any good if I am trapped in my building during a SHTF event, so that's where the EDC comes in.

Basically, all I did was keep a few essential things in my laptop bag.

Leatherman Tool (though usually in my pocket)
Paracord Bracelet
5 in one Compass
Stainless Steel Water Bottle (actually on my desk, not in the bag, but with me)
A couple of Lighters, Box of Windproof/Waterproof Matches
Spool of Fishing Wire (building traps in doorways may prove a necessity)
A Filter Straw
Water Treatment Tabs
Small First Aid Kit (soap box sized), which also has some OTC drugs, etc.
Potassium Iodide Tabs
Cipro Tabs
(2) Mountain House Dehydrated Meals (which is also good if I forget my lunch, but only if I want to pay $6 for doing so)
Combat Knife
Roll of Quarters
Small amount of Cash
Emergency Cell Battery
Small LED Flashlight

So, not a whole lot (when you think of the size of each of these), but still covers the basics and only takes up one section of the bag.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: stutteringp0et
a reply to: TDawgRex

Hunting/Protection:
3 handguns, 1 rifle (I'm leaning toward .22 LR for everything so I only need to have one type of ammo and I will be able to carry a large amount)

Go with a 9MM/40CAL pistol and carbine. .22LR is crap for stopping power unless your a real good shot.

9mm would be better for finding reloads, but 40CAL is a better round.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I see a lot of Fighting knifes in peoples list. More then likely only thing those will be good for is getting yourself killed.

Unlike TV if you get in a knife fight your probably be dead. Best way to fight a knife is shoot them if you can or get away fast.

Now if your a trained commando that might be different, but even the ones I know stay away from knifes if they can.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stutteringp0et

You can make all the lists you wish.
You will never be truely prepared to go away and never come back until you "know" you can leave at any time with only the clothes on your back.
Only after you have perpared yourself to do this will you be able to survive whatever reasons there may be for going.
edit on 19-6-2014 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I see a lot of Fighting knifes in peoples list. More then likely only thing those will be good for is getting yourself killed

Backup weapon only. In the case of EDC, can't carry a gun everywhere, even with a CCW...so something is better than nothing. For example, if I had a pistol in my laptop bag at work, I'd likely be terminated on the spot.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well a BOB is a bag,but a INCH can't be a bag if indefinite survival is the objective.
In any case,in a scenario where you'd need a INCH you'd be able to take your BOB as well.

Seeds,hunting gear,survival knives,clothes appropiate for the weather.
I remember this little(and simple) device a guy was giving out to kids in Africa,bit larger than a pen.Worked like a straw and it purified water, a few of those might be very useful.
Knives,hydration,water filtration,cooking gear,medicine....so much stuff. If you have the skills then some things can be left out,like filtering water(rocks and coal), cooking gear(cooking with hot water on a hole in the ground).

If you know nature and can take advantage of it, then the most useful things to have are tools and skills.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: metodex
Well a BOB is a bag,but a INCH can't be a bag if indefinite survival is the objective.
In any case,in a scenario where you'd need a INCH you'd be able to take your BOB as well.

I have to disagree with you on that. My BOB is also an INCH and its nothing more than a U.S. army issue ACU pattern assault pack (fancy name for a backpack for those who don't know). It contains everything i need to not just survive but to also live fairly well, primitive, but well. It's all about knowing the difference between what you really need, what you can live without, and how to pack it.
edit on 7/1/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: typo

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Well i kind of contradicted myself there when i said that without skills and tools you're dead.
Agree with you as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join