It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of Eternal Damnation

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I mean Christianity is really just Judaism+ anyways.

Christianity kinda looks to me like ....
Judaism + Buddhism + Jesus = Christianity.

hate to disagree with you FF... This is Christianity to me...

Bible + preachers ÷ dogma - logic = Christianity

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

A question to Christians out there: If Eternal Life can only be had through Jesus, then how is it that eternal life (in hell) can be had without him?
Because Jesus doesn't put people in Hell.
That is a natural part of the universe.
I used to not think so, just going by what I had been taught, that no provision was made for death in the creation.
I found otherwise when I actually went to Hell, and found out what it was really like.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

You've been to hell?

What was it like exactly?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating

originally posted by: Unity_99
I can't believe you suggested 100 years of suffering in hell

First of all God/Goodness/Love would never sentence someone to hell,

They call me a liberal for wanting to reduce the sentence from Eternal to 100 Trillion years. I don't know what they would call you.

They don't understand Love then, and need to dust off their hearts, deprogram and turn the dial up up up on their Love.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Maybe what you might expect it to be like if you were in the center of the earth.
I was watching a movie recently, Wristcutters: A Love Story (2006), that I thought was interesting, about people who committed suicide going to a hell that was oddly an awful lot like earth.
They did get one thing right in the movie, in my opinion, where the two main characters, the ones who fall in love, are sitting there looking off into the desert at night from a hill, and she says, "I do miss one thing, seeing stars".

In Hell, there would be a ceiling, even if it was far away, but it was there and if you looked hard enough, you could see it.
edit on 6-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ahimsa

Love would never do such such a thing to anyone ever, thats the thing Find the most Loving, Gentle, Kind, Compassionate, Never Give Up on anyone Mother/Father, then turn the Love and Goodness dial up to infinity and you have Mom/Dad and Creator, or the Spirit of Peace and Love connecting all Higher Level beings.

We rescue people, free planets, help and council, overturn the heaviness and self blame and insanity and bloodshed that weighs so heavy on a heart

Its about weight, frequency and weight, and the heavy hearted person needs to have hope and healing and see that they can emerge beyond this and turn it around still, and they can, every living being in the universe can.

The highest levels are overseeing and they won't give up on anyone.

We're here, and won't ever give up on anyone anywhere anytime. We'll hold back the gates of hell itself and send them away, and council every human.

These are the things I know inside.

The realms, winterlands and eutopias, the infinite realms, the lower ones are run with pyramid system negative bosses, are heaviness, weight related.

Gravity is harm and guilt.
edit on 6-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

So your description of real hell is a movie.

Somehow, call me crazy, i dont believe you.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

You've been to hell? 

Phoenix, AZ

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

Somehow, call me crazy, i dont believe you.

I'll second this.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

But that isn't the true form, its gnosis. And tao. And in gnosis form the old and new testament allign, for the inner meanings of both are Tao alchemy and ascension to higher mind and none of them in gnosis have anything to do with a smiting murdering god.

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

Most Gnostics did not view any of the scripture literally. As such, John’s statement is in perfect agreement with what a Gnostic would have believed. To the Gnostics, the resurrection story of Christ wasn’t about the literal man; it was about the spiritual awakening of the divine nature that can happen within each individual. This awakening happens while still yet in the flesh! So John’s statement rings true. Christ does come in the flesh. But this coming of Christ is the gnosis (mystical insight) attained by the individual going through a profound experience in higher states of consciousness. This entire process happens while being in a physical body. It is the born again experience of the spiritual nature which rules over the physical nature. This spiritual nature is the Christ.

The Apostle Paul attests to this when he states that he travails in birth until Christ be formed in you!

And

“The scriptures are of little use to those who understand them as they are written.”

—Origen

“We shall introduce into this history in general only those vents which may be useful first to ourselves and afterwards to posterity.”

—Eusebius (Ecclesiastical History, Vol. 8, chapter 2.)

Rome and the elites were first of all, self serving, and the literal beliefs always need major discernment. There was no permanent hell in Christianity until hundreds of years past its formation, and early Christians, believed in reincarnation.

Even before praying within and asking for my eyes and ears to be opened, and then being prompted to search for pineal and silver cord one day in the bible online. Then from there being led to understand some passages within, after doing a little bit of research. Meanings can leap out now I had Spirit within download/flood the meaning of Isaiah 28, for example, and understood the passage on what is bound on earth is bound in heaven, for here we're in the testing and not in no time or infinity, so here, without memories (needed when in the past we may have harmed others or erred by the way, its like a new page with hope), we are born into a 50/50 black and white squared body which akin to saying, lower mind, or the symbol "peter" the rash and reactive one.

Upon this "rock"/Peter, the natural man, I will build my Church/Temple, that is formed when one has transformed themselves, ascended to Higher Mind, their flesh becomes the Temple in which no hammer or tool was heard to build, we are the Temple that Houses Spirit, Higher Self and God, when we perfect or refine ourselves, then the son of man becomes the Son of God. But we're still here, just striving to operate out of Higher Mind

So that Church/Temple is built upon the stone of carnal man, we transmigate to Higher Mind as we overcome our weaknesses

What we free up here, and demonstrate, such as Love, Generosity, Help, Sharing with others, is Freed in Heaven.

For example if you're a person who shares your directions and helps, then you are Guided, They help.

Do Good and Good comes in with miracles.

Do bad and more Bad comes in.

What is bound on earth is bound in heaven and what is freed on earth is freed in heaven.

Its all gnosis.

But even when I didn't see that, still only choose the good stuff when I was going to Church because innerstone, soulstone and Love within, knew what was bunk and what wasn't. We're supposed to use discernment.

And the weight of everything is, what would Love, the kindest, most humble, and helpful and beautiful and nurturing Love do in this situation?

There you will have your answer!

By the way, the town I was raised in, the Catholic was built because my ancestors came with 17 kids and went over the quota. And amongst the humble, hardworking and often farming grass roots Catholics, they gave more than any organization in the area including the salvation army, were non judgmental, and happy, kind decent people. Because they tried to walk in Christ's footsteps, not the old testament.

edit on 6-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
the same that you get an eternal heaven you can get an eternal hell too !
However God is the most merciful, justest and greater than whatever we can imagine.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I mean Christianity is really just Judaism+ anyways.

hate to disagree with you FF... This is Christianity to me...

Bible + preachers ÷ dogma - logic = Christianity

I can't attribute that formula just to Christianity. There are plenty of Christians who use logic. I'd say that FlyersFan is a good example of one. I think your formula is more indicative to religious types who get told something is the case and never question things. These people exist in every religion though. It's funny, critical thinking is required to understand the greater truths of the universe but religion seems to shun it vehemently. Not to say that there aren't learned scholars in religion, because there are. It's just WOW, why do people believe what a man told them he thinks is the truth so unquestionably?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I'm saying that one line in the movie gets right what a lot of people get wrong and should be the most obvious thing about Hell, that there is no sky or sun or moon or stars.

The most wrong thing that I just watched recently was an episode (#5 Jerusalem) of the ABC TV show, Black Box, where the psychiatrists try to convince a patient to not be afraid of death, where the patient (Arthur) has a vision of dying and he sees this nice blue sky.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

My personal take has been that "the lower you go, the more difficult it is to get back up".

We all know this from our experiences on earth, so the same probably applies to the afterlife.

You're a really good one, Skyfloating.

I didn't know if anyone remembered that, what you posted there..

Happy Friday!

edit on 6-6-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

edit on 6-6-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Phoenix, AZ
I think the movie does a good job of capturing the general atmosphere of the dreariness of Hell.
I think that mood (a sort of dazed resignation) is the most important thing to get about the Hell experience, rather than the geographics of it.
The "Phoenix, AZ" bit would be what you would encounter if you tried to leave.
You would go through that type of deserty landscape until you were confronted by unscalable craggy cliffs (no ocean, as the movie shows it, though) that encircle Hell, which is a huge space covered by a dark (not self illuminated) dome.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

From reading all of them extensively, I`d agree with this.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

I found otherwise when I actually went to Hell, and found out what it was really like.

...then you must have also found out that you didn't have to stay there.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

In Hell, there would be a ceiling, even if it was far away, but it was there and if you looked hard enough, you could see it.

Many of the ancients, including the greeks, say hell (hades) is below earth.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

Phoenix, AZ

Cmon now. Hell is really bad but not that bad.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating

Many of the ancients, including the greeks, say hell (hades) is below earth.

For obvious reasons which have nothing to do with an actual place under the earth, excepting ominous caves they just assumed lead to the Underworld.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join