It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of Eternal Damnation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ahimsa

You can't cease to exist, I'm sorry.

''Nothing is created or destroyed, only transformed'' even science recognize that.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

It will be as though you never existed at all. All memory of you will be wiped out. You will cease to exist; nothing of you will remain.
edit on 6-6-2014 by ahimsa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Akragon

You know, I'm not sure why many Christians are opposed to the idea of reincarnation.

Judaism (which Christians also somewhat adhere to) teaches that beside the options of going to a higher or lower place, there is also the option of "transmigration" (another word for reincarnation).

Mystery solved.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Well, there's Avīci...

Thank you, very interesting to me.

My personal take has been that "the lower you go, the more difficult it is to get back up". We all know this from our experiences on earth, so the same probably applies to the afterlife.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tallcool1

No, BH - there is no hell! No eternal damnation! The vast majority...? None of us - from the most horrific monster ever to live, to Billy Graham, to the most humble servant to humanity that ever lived - no one could possibly measure up to that standard! Not one person ever!

Not even Justin Bieber?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusSubprime

Actually the bible does teach an eternal, conscious suffering.

The only way to ensure that your name is written in the book of life mentioned in verse 12 above is to believe on the LORD Jesus Christ,

It took 5 pages to finally get someone on this thread who believes in eternal damnation. So, just to get your stance straight:

All Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Bahais, Jews, Atheists, Agnostics, etc., no matter how kind and loving are damned eternally. 100 Trillion years of pain and torture is not enough for them, correct?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus

Simply put, you do not exist, because you are existence itself. Existence doesnt exist, existence just is. As you are.

I can see how, beyond dualism, there is neither existence nor non existence.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shema
As one who has heard the cries, shrieks, agonies and pleadings of the eternally damned I have no doubts when it comes to ensuring you all that eternal damnation is not a myth. It certainly isn't something to take a chance on.

But those cries, shrieks, agonies and pleadings could just be the result of a Million years of hell. They are no evidence of eternal hell.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec
I found a good YouTube video but will need to find it again to link if anyone is interested. It was a documentary on a large near death study of 600 people. Every single person who has ever reported one of these experiences tells us it is a conscious experience. I'm including those from all the studies I have read, in addition to what this documentary shared. If it was not a conscious experience they would not be so lucid and would not recall such detail. It is definitely consciousness surviving...somehow.

Afterlife is a conscious experience, sure. But do you think someone could even stay conscious after ten thousand years of torture?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

This view helps me reconcile things like omniscience. All of creation existing simultaneously in front of God like pages of a book. He can flip through interact and pluck things out of the book at any point in time simultaneously.

The "timeless" thing makes more sense than the "eternal" thing as we understand it. Torturing someone for Trillions and Trillions of years would seem kind of satanic actually.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I can't believe you suggested 100 years of suffering in hell

First of all God/Goodness/Love would never sentence someone to hell,

They call me a liberal for wanting to reduce the sentence from Eternal to 100 Trillion years. I don't know what they would call you.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

I`ve noticed you cite Revelations in almost every post you make. I pick up on this because all "eternal damnation" advocates I have met so far - every single one of them - seems to emphasize the Book of Revelations above all other books of the Bible. That's interesting imo.

One question to you though: Would it be so bad if the eternal sentencing were reduced to a 100 Trillion years?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD

You can't cease to exist, I'm sorry.

''Nothing is created or destroyed, only transformed'' even science recognize that.

You can't cease to exist, but you can lose consciousness for a while, it would seem.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
A question to Christians out there: If Eternal Life can only be had through Jesus, then how is it that eternal life (in hell) can be had without him?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

God seems like a bit of an a-hole sometimes.

None of it makes sense to me. So you just died and you meet Him at the pearly gates. He says sorry no admittance into heaven, you did this, did that, so I'm handing you over to that mean guy who runs the other realm. So he just gives you up right there?

Had more to say but dead batt

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I did say many Christians which isn't even most Christians. I just realize that there is a portion of the Christian population that cannot accept reincarnation as a possible occurrence post-death, which is odd since it clears up many contradictions between god's word and what happens after death.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating

a reply to: Akragon

You know, I'm not sure why many Christians are opposed to the idea of reincarnation.

Judaism (which Christians also somewhat adhere to) teaches that beside the options of going to a higher or lower place, there is also the option of "transmigration" (another word for reincarnation).

Mystery solved.

Christians should really pay more attention to Judaism, I mean Christianity is really just Judaism+ anyways. Not sure why some Christians don't recognize more facets from that religion.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

It will be as though you never existed at all. All memory of you will be wiped out. You will cease to exist; nothing of you will remain.

This is what OptimusSubprime said, also.

The obvious counter to that is that we certainly remember Hitler. Nearly every person alive (at least in the Western world) knows about him. He has certainly not been "forgotten." So - I guess he made it!?

Interesting thread.

edit on 6/6/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

This tripped a circuit in my thinking...
about Hell being where they want to be. I like the nun's explanation...

and I wonder then, if one makes it to Heaven, and then decides they really DON'T like it, are they free to go? (Personally, I believe that the afterlife we expect/want is the one we will experience. So, according to that theory, no one would be disappointed with how they found it.)

edit on 6/6/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I mean Christianity is really just Judaism+ anyways.

Christianity kinda looks to me like ....
Judaism + Buddhism + Jesus = Christianity.
edit on 6/6/2014 by FlyersFan because: spacing

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join