It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of Eternal Damnation

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

Jesus own words so there goes that theory.

Mathew 25:46

And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigcountry08

2 Cor 11:13-15 (Phi) "God's messengers?" They are counterfeits of the real thing, dishonest practitioners masquerading as the messengers of Christ. Nor do their tactics surprise me when I consider how Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is only to be expected that his agents shall have the appearance of ministers of righteousness--but they will get what they deserve in the end.

1 Tim 4:1-2 (Phi) God's spirit specificaly tells us that in later days there will be men who abandon the true faith and allow themselves to be spiritually seduced by teachings of demons, teachings given by men who are lying hypocrites, whose consciences are as dead as seared flesh.

The teaching of eternal torture and hatred being sold to us as godly and biblical would seem to be such a teaching.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Jesus own words so there goes that theory.

Mathew 25:46

And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

You can cherry pick passages to support your idea, I can cherry pick passages to support mine:

ROMANS 6:23
For the wages of sin is DEATH, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.

MATTHEW 7:13-14
“Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad the road that leads to DESTRUCTION and many enter through it, (14) but small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.”

JOHN 3:16
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not PERISH but have eternal life.”

ROMANS 8:13
For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

GALATIONS 6:8
The one who sows to please the sinful nature from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the spirit, from the spirit will reap eternal life.

PROVERBS 11:19
The truly righteous man attains life, but he who pursues evil goes to his death.[2]

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

And these will go away into eternal punishment

Are we just gonna ignore this line?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Not at all. I am presenting lines that contradict this line. There is a contradiction here. One time they say sinners face annhialation another time they say eternal damnation.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am (almost) sure tthat the evil elite that roam this earth do not think there is something as eternal damnation. Some time ago I started a well visited thread about that subject with some interesting replies by fellow ATS-ers.
I mean, how else can they sent thousends of yougn men and women to war (read to their deaths) and make a profit...?

Anyways.. it would be fair justice if there is some punishment waiting for the people who think to get away with the most terrible crimes commited while in the flesh on this planet.

Do The Elite Know Something We Don't...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating

Not at all. I am presenting lines that contradict this line. There is a contradiction here. One time they say sinners face annhialation another time they say eternal damnation.

....And it's just as simple as that? Pick one verse or the other. Quick and easy. Doesn't matter that two equally valid lines of scripture completely effing contradict each other. Nothing wrong with that at all.
edit on 7-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Agree2Disagree

From the bible quotes you listed 2 pages back I can see that the only place it mentions being "tormented forever and ever" is in the Book of Revelations. All other passages speak of death, destruction, annihalation, perishing of sinners...in other words, NO torment for ever.

So that means I have to choose whether to believe what Jesus says or what the Book of Revelations say. I choose what Jesus says.

So when Jesus speaks of "wailing and gnashing of teeth"....is that just irrelevant?

I see that as conscious torment...What do you see?

A2D

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

So when Jesus speaks of "wailing and gnashing of teeth"....is that just irrelevant?

I see that as conscious torment...What do you see?

A2D

I admit, that's a reference to conscious suffering. Not sure about gnashing my teeth eternally though. After a while they`d probably fall off.

Then I`d be gnashing my gums until they fall off.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

....And it's just as simple as that? Pick one verse or the other. Quick and easy. Doesn't matter that two equally valid lines of scripture completely effing contradict each other. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I don't agree with the lines I picked either. I merely chose them to point out that there are many verses that speak of annhialation instead of eternal torment.

I haven't even gotten to my personal views yet (and won't, within this thread).

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I don't agree with the lines I picked either. I merely chose them to point out that there are many verses that speak of annhialation instead of eternal torment.

I haven't even gotten to my personal views yet (and won't, within this thread).

But you're okay with the annihilation bit? You're okay with the idea of God completely obliterating 9/10 of the human species? That seems morally upstanding, in your opinion?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

none of this matters you have a blinders of fear on, the bible says what it say to me and you console your self with what you "think". We will both see what God really means when our lives are over. I just hope for your sake that you come to the right conclusion eventually.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

But you're okay with the annihilation bit? You're okay with the idea of God completely obliterating 9/10 of the human species? That seems morally upstanding, in your opinion?

Non-existence sure beats eternal torture. Doesn't mean I`m "OK with it" though.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I have no problem whatsoever with punishment. Its the ETERNAL torment that seems suspicious to me.
As quoted earlier, there are two references to torment "forever and ever", in Revelation 14 and Revelation 20.
The first is those who are the slaves of the Beast, the second is the Beat itself.
Those could be its minions, rather than just ordinary people who get caught up in a situation with limited choices.
edit on 7-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Non-existence sure beats eternal torture. Doesn't mean I`m "OK with it" though.

Tolerance sure beats eternal torture as well.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

none of this matters you have a blinders of fear on, the bible says what it say to me and you console your self with what you "think". We will both see what God really means when our lives are over. I just hope for your sake that you come to the right conclusion eventually.

It does matter. I have quoted bible verses that contradict your view. You choose to ignore them because they do not match your view. Your response is "none of this matters, you're just afraid".

I`m not afraid, I`m amazed.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

So when Jesus speaks of "wailing and "....is that just irrelevant?
I think it is irrelevant.
The "gnashing of teeth" parables are about the Jews and their missing the opportunity that Jesus was offering to them.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

So when Jesus speaks of "wailing and "....is that just irrelevant?
I think it is irrelevant.
The "gnashing of teeth" parables are about the Jews and their missing the opportunity that Jesus was offering to them.

Perhaps you could explain why you hold that opinion.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

none of your quotes contradict mine in the least.

just because you destroy something doesn't mean its not there the pieces still remain, you can destroy an engine, or an engine can die but it as a whole is still there it still exists but its function is just ruined. or function is to praise God and be in connection with him through the holy spirit. when we go to hell he destroys us by destroying our one true purpose which is to be connected with him and to worship him.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigcountry08

our function is to praise God and be in connection with him through the holy spirit. when we go to hell he destroys us by destroying our one true purpose which is to be connected with him and to worship him.

1. I worship no one.

2. I decide my purpose.

3. So our punishment for not pleasing him is to be cut off from him. Guy thinks a lot of himself, doesn't he?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join