It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of Eternal Damnation

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

"Read the Bible as many times as you will, but nowhere does any person say this or offer this. Jesus never asked people to accept Him as a personal Savior to be saved. None of the apostles ever made this statement. No evangelist or any other preacher recorded in sacred writ ever uttered this sentence. It is not found in any of the epistles to the churches. It is simply just not there.
Are you serious?
bigcountry quoted it, and I repeated the quote twice in my post.
Romans 3:25a
God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood--to be received by faith. . . .
(2011 NIV)
God offers to us Jesus, and we accept that offer of Jesus, as our intercessor, by believing in him.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

I understand where your coming from, at one point in any ones life, one is going to think about hell, and paradise. If one seeks good, and forbids himself what is evil, they will be earned the reward, but if one seeks evil and forbids himself which is good they will earn the bad. For example, lets take a classroom scenario. There is a room of 20 students and one teacher. On the first day of class she hands each student a syllabus about what the goal of the class is and what will be attained through the effort put forth. If the student does what is required, an a will be earned. If the student fails, its because that student did not do what was required. Being in school i was both. freshman year in the beginning i knew what i had to do , but along the way i got distracted with what the world around me was offering, which lead me to forget about the upcoming tests quizzes etc. Than at the end of the year just as promised i got my grades and they reflected exactly what i put forth. There's a famous saying, we reap what we sow.
Im comparing eternal hellfire and eternal bliss to a classroom so im not doing justice to the topic but i just wanted everyone to understand what im thinking. But its more than that. Some people are truly evil. They oppress and harm other just because they can and do not take care bout what they have done. These kind of people can burn a whole village, city , towns etc... light up a cigar and watch it all fall down and they actually believe that they are going to get away with it. Then there are people who seek good, and i mean truly seek the good of the here after, they seek paradise and forbid themselves what is evil. They will strive every morning do do as many of good deeds as possible, because they know they are going to there graves one day, and they cant their bring fancy cars, jewelries, big houses, their gold, and oil. These people will seek the good until they are in their graves, seeking death because they believe they will earn the promise in the hereafter.
The Creator of all that exist, is all loving and all just. So saying that there is true justice, the person who sought the good would be rewarded with eternal hellfire and the person who turned his back on the good has earned the hellfire.
The reason i believe in hellfire and paradise, is because there has to be true justice. If there is evil than there is good. Going back to the earlier example, we can be in class messing with girls or boys, making fun of the teacher, not doing homework, not studying, goofing off, but we are going to be handed our quizzes and tests (trials) and the effort we put forth studying and learning, will determine how we do on those tests, and at the year, (death) we will know what we have earned, were we people who sought that A+, or did we not care and earned that F.
edit on 6-6-2014 by DuecesxGeneral because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2014 by DuecesxGeneral because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
God/Goodness/Love/Mom and Dad, did not ever have anything to do with "sacrifices" or rituals. And that is a major error, that they corrupt Faith in Good and Love, and shove onto the hearts of humanity. NO!

Love never harms, and doesn't sacrifice or ordain sacrifice of animals or humans of any kind whatsoever.

Another point, I sort of sense what they, the ritual sacrifice PTB believe, but they're so very very far off. Someone has fed them distortion, well a group that may have many names but I call them the popular name, LEGION.

They must believe the universe is an AI machine, divorced from the Designers/Creators of this actual simulation that is mirrored in as a reflection from Beyond and Beyond is not a duality, but only LOVE....they think its just a machine with a function.

So, they do cremation of care ceremonies, and try to have no conscience, so that Annabis, the stone and the feather. They think they will avoid lower realms, but that good people, traumatized by their pain, will have hearts of lead and sink. That they can hijack the properties of this machine and corrupt its function and make an opposite take place.

Problem is, this world is not divorced from Higher Ups, the true God/Creators, and I know and have always known, met HS as a preschooler and knew I was not from any duality. Only Goodness, Love, Universal Understanding.

We have Good Team of Higher Ups. Nothing here is as it seems. You can be in a private room and as we all experience time differently, your family could already be out the other side.

They can make you do a day 12 times if needed, if they wanted to.

Nothing is as it seems.

They're so far distorted.

Its what you do that counts the most, along with intention of heart.

They're not off any hooks. And all the drugs, the ceremonies of care, the AI microchips to try and make themselves into psychopaths devoid of natural feelings and guilt, is not going to change a thing.

They're the only ones that sink like a stone.

There is not one holding tank for departed souls......there are infinite realms and its birds of a feather flock together on frequency, not the fake kind. Every single thing you have ever done is recorded forever, or thought. Nothing is hidden, ever.

But Family doesnt sweat little details, its the big things that count, like the rituals.

They can't recreate things, its all rigged already. Like a sting operation to see who really can harm, commit genocide and destroy a living library and planet. Who the real renegades are.
edit on 7-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

So, they do cremation of care ceremonies, and try to have no conscience, so that Annabis, the stone and the feather. They think they will avoid lower realms, but that good people, traumatized by their pain, will have hearts of lead and sink. That they can hijack the properties of this machine and corrupt its function and make an opposite take place.
I know that I got criticized in school for writing what they called run-on sentences.
I think that it is a bad idea to accept that as a rule, and so start making short sentences as if your old teachers were still there looking over your shoulder.
I think that you should just accept that you think in long chains so should go ahead and write that way.
I think it would make it actually easier that way to understand what you are saying.
As for your points, I disagree.
If bad people don't affect the universe, and it is perfectly the way that God or the gods want it, then it seems to implicate God as being evil, to make all these horrible things happen to people.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DuecesxGeneral

Then there are people who seek good, and i mean truly seek the good of the here after, they seek paradise and forbid themselves what is evil. They will strive every morning do do as many of good deeds as possible, because they know they are going to there graves one day, and they cant their bring fancy cars, jewelries, big houses, their gold, and oil. These people will seek the good until they are in their graves, seeking death because they believe they will earn the promise in the hereafter.
That may be, but I don't see it all coming true without God being involved through the entire process.
We can't really achieve by ourselves what we might imagine that we can.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

Are you serious?

More importantly, GOD is serious.

Souls are pouring into hell every second while people argue about semantics.

...many souls end up in hell because they believed erroneously.

You are missing the point that was brought up earlier here:

Jesus explained, “Sesame! In order for someone to be saved, they must believe and receive me sincerely deep into their hearts, but most importantly it is crucial to have a sincere heart and mind. Many who have received me end up in hell, because during the prayer of confession they simply recited the prayer without sincerity!”

Jesus also said, “Many profess they have accepted and proclaimed me into their hearts, and with their mouths believe that they are saved, since they’ve believed in me for a long time, but, it is not the length of time that determines your salvation. It is the process of bearing fruits in your character that leads you closer to attaining salvation.

Many believe blindly the incorrect teaching that simply reciting with their mouths will guarantee their salvation -- and are under an illusion that they will go to heaven. Salvation should be realized through fear and trembling and each individual must grow in sincere faith.” Jesus is heartbroken and frustrated that so many souls end up in hell because they believed erroneously.

Source

See more here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

More importantly, GOD is serious.
You mean, these people who you worship as your god.
I think you are falling for hokus pokus from false prophets.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Jesus is heartbroken and frustrated that so many souls end up in hell because they believed erroneously.

Ye know... it kinda makes me sick when people assume what Jesus is feeling....

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
If there's a hell, it's here on Earth now.

Ditto for heaven.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigcountry08

what does consciousness have to do with anything, first you claim it can't be forever and i proved that wrong. Now your asking if we are conscious, what the heck do i care if people in hell are conscious or not. what does that even matter.

Unless your a cruel sadist, you do care that people are not conscious.

All the Bible verses I quoted on the previous page say that sinners will perish, die and be destroyed. That means they won't be conscious. There is no eternal conscious torment because thats completely inconsistent with the idea of a merciful God.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Unfortunately, being sweet and nice doesn't make one immune to being deceived.

In other words, being sweet and nice does not protect from infinite and eternal tormeting punishment?

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

From the bible quotes you listed 2 pages back I can see that the only place it mentions being "tormented forever and ever" is in the Book of Revelations. All other passages speak of death, destruction, annihalation, perishing of sinners...in other words, NO torment for ever.

So that means I have to choose whether to believe what Jesus says or what the Book of Revelations say. I choose what Jesus says.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I think the myth probably grew out of some peoples; realities. Look around.

Even life on this earth is damnation for some, maybe heaven for others.

And any kind of suffering and damnation can most definitely seem like an eternity.

Anyway, the entire concept is fear based. Seeing or imaging things we hope never happen to us (or is some cases I guess the opposite) and then living in reaction to this.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating
I think the meaning of Hell is more subtle than actual parallel to our concept of prison. Since we have free will we can and we choose our actions and their consequences. Hell is slipping from the human state of the soul and that state can probably not be attained again, that is what eternal refers to.But this is not based on my knowledge of religion rather my own personal understanding.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

I always just go ahead and write, though I have no thyroid/chronic fatigue and the metabolism part of this took away the left sided structure, and spelling that I used to be so good at. Doesn't matter, just edit over and over and keep on writing

The cremation of care, and Anubis, the scales and feather/stone. This is exactly what they think, they think they're wise and manipulating a universal function, and no one is watching over, that the universe is all there is, and in the pecking order, Bad Wolf is on top. Dog eat dog to the very top. Its a concept of gaining dark wings, left hand ascension.

They're mistaken, because this is just a practicum we enter, from a fully functioning home. I've also been shown we don't even truly leave home to begin with, so truly a simulation.

That gravity, sink like a stone, is actually harming others. Not how traumatized you are in the moment.

But they keep the world very low frequency so people are unable to remember more, awaken more.

That they erected the Black Horse and the statue of Anubis at Colorado Airport and moved their military command and cia headquarters there is very telling.

Due to the simulation, and the metaphor of being in a kind of computerized tv, this may be where they get their idea its all neutral and just processes they can manipulate, not realizing, no, its more akin to a tv in the classroom, like at school, where we're all attending, and an assignment, its not unattended equipment.

But the energy waves everything is made of is akin to a program and the realities are files or scenes "rendered".

If that is the case, which I believe is the closest metaphor, they're serving/alligned with some kind of virus in the system as the added catalyst or villian. They're serving AI.

But in reality, we're still really home, and souls aren't fodder for the program, there aren't innocents in hell, unless we consider earth hell, yet technically it could be nearly heaven for everyone, if anything its a neutral point that is affected by the consciousness here
edit on 7-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Given that we are apparently created in the image of God, hence have the potential to be he/she/its equal given enough time and incarnations maybe the souls in hell feel its better to reign there, however miserable it is, than serve or be a subordinate in heaven.

After all why does an omnipotent creator require our service or praise never mind our eternal Souls in the first place?
edit on 7-6-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

dude, lucifer and a third of the angels were thrown out of heaven.

where do you think you will end up? you want your own little heaven with like minded buddies?
what do you think your chances will be in getting that.

with that attitude, i'm sure you won't have to worry about being heaven and putting up with God.

Oh, I know where I'm going. If this hell really does exist, and it's meant for people exactly the way the bible specifies, then I'm going to hell because my gay parents are going. My thinking is that if they get to go to hell for loving each other, then I'm going with them, because that's the same love that saved my life. Matter of principle, you know. Besides, if this God dude is really that willing to roast them forever, then he's probably not the sort of guy I want to spend much time with.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Hey, AfterInfinity -
may I ask....
what do your parents think about God? Are they worried they are doomed to hell? (I don't think any of you are, for what it's worth).

edit on 6/7/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This is all based on the idea that God is a loving God. I haven't seen much proof of that in the bible or anywhere else for that matter. Sometimes I feel like this life is just a social experiment to weed out the undesirables from the true reality (afterlife).

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

. . . and souls aren't fodder for the program . . .
I don't think your argument, that the innocent are somehow safe at home, works here, to make out that this "program" is not harming people.
You have lives destroyed, for what, some sort of on the job training, for who?
I don't think that the universe is a simulation.
I think that we are really exactly what we appear to be and are at exactly the same point as where we seem to be.
I think the universe exists as the means for entities to be people in a physical way, but there are pitfalls and stumbling blocks along the way, but not placed there by God but is just part what unavoidably comes along with a real, physical universe.

edit on 7-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join