It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS Earth viewing live from the space station. Live stream you can watch now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Is that the moon that`s showing right on the edge of the Earth ?......right now....

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambros56
Is that the moon that`s showing right on the edge of the Earth ?......right now....

"Right now" is a very short amount of time, so the view would be gone by the time others will click the link.

Right now, I see a black screen.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Snap because it is on the dark side.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

"Right now" is a very short amount of time, so the view would be gone by the time others will click the link.

Right now, I see a black screen.

The time I made my post was either 8 or 9.45 pm UK time.
It was there for around an hour...maybe more. I was hoping someone might of clicked on the link soon after I`d made the post.
I got to video it on my iphone and a couple of friends watched for about half an hour until the stream changed.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It`s 00.31 now in the UK.
You can clearly see it now but I don't think its the moon.....
looks more like a lens flare.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: zedy63
a reply to: RUFFREADY

why cant we see any stars if its hd thought you might

There is a camera that will see the stars in real time, I doubt NASA will ever take one up to the ISS though.

Milky Way 180 deg Pan @ 1X in Real-Time with Sony A7S
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN

There is a camera that will see the stars in real time, I doubt NASA will ever take one up to the ISS though.

Milky Way 180 deg Pan @ 1X in Real-Time with Sony A7S
www.youtube.com...

Do they ever broadcast when over the Earth's night side?

Over the day side, any camera (including the one you mentioned) will have to use short exposure due to all the daylight, so stars won't be visible anyway.

~~~

By the way, every time I visit that site, they only show the "Please standby" message. Looks like I'll have to keep visiting that link to catch any views of Earth.

~~~

I also wanted to comment on this:

It was there for around an hour...maybe more.

Not possible, as the ISS orbits the Earth once every 90 minutes. From the ISS's point of view, things change fairly quickly, including the position of the Moon, the Sun, and what you see on the ground.

Next time, just take screenshots and post them here.

edit on 3-1-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

originally posted by: GaryN

I also wanted to comment on this:

It was there for around an hour...maybe more.

Not possible, as the ISS orbits the Earth once every 90 minutes. From the ISS's point of view, things change fairly quickly, including the position of the Moon, the Sun, and what you see on the ground.

Next time, just take screenshots and post them here.

Okay.....
I`ve been watching it on USTREAM.
On the night I mentioned. I looked at the clock and it was 19.40 when I first spotted it.
When I made the first post ( where I wrote "right now "...instead of putting the time, it must have been 20.45 as I later noticed ATS time was two hours ahead of the UK.
Unless USTREAM are looping a video....It was still showing daylight at the time I posted so it was actually 65 mins.

To be honest I agree I wouldn't think it possible....that's the reason I asked was the sphere the Moon because I thought it might have came into full view even after just a couple of minutes but it didn't change position.
That's the reason I later suggested that it could be a lens flare.

I took screen shots...also a video but I don't know how to post them from my iphone.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join