It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban Commander: More Kidnappings to Come After Bergdahl Deal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That's ok we can star trading our politicians for the American citizens starting with Obama. I think is a great idea, 1 American citizen is worth 10 politicians in exchange.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: netbound

I can tell you what we are now more exposed than ever, we American citizens our military and anyone working in the middle east will be in more danger than ever to be kidnapped because we have a stupid president that have a soft spot for terrorist.

That is the truth.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Maybe this trade was originally supposed to be made with a captured Ambassador Stevens.
How's THAT for a conspiracy theory?

Hell, Obama could've closed out GITMO by trading ALL the terrorists there for Ambassador Stevens.
I don't think congress would've objected to that trade.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

By the midterms I doubt Obama will have a cabinet left.

I wonder who he will blame for this mess in the next few weeks when he realizes this will not go away.

Whoever his political handlers are need to go back to basics. Somewhere they got confused and thought a scandal every other week was a good thing.

On the conspiracy side I think the latest action pretty much ruled Obama out as someone capable of fomenting a coup in the US. His disrespect for the military has all but guaranteed that.

edit on 5-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Obama doesn't care Xcathdra, I really think that no even his party can control him now, he doesn't care because he is not running for presidency again, so any damage he does now, he doesn't have to deal with.

Sorry for the next Democratic candidate to president because he or she will not have support from the Vets and the military, perhaps that is why they are trying to push the immigration bill so hard.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It is one way to close down that place you know. The one that a certain president said he will do if elected and then said oops no deal what do we do with all the Taliban people we mistreated in there. Easy trade then 10 to 1 that way you do not have to take responsibility for the inmates in Guantanamo right.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Am I the only one who just shook his/her head and thought that releasing 5 for 1 was a bad deal overall? Not even getting into the ramifications of it all?

Every time I think that this idiot administration has finally pulled the ultimate stupid stunt...they prove me wrong.

Must be that great Harvard edumication at play, uh?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: MrSpad
I know Americans are though of as the brightest people but, does the Taliban think anyone is dumb enough to think they are just now deciding to try and kidnap people?

What a strange thing to say. No one said that the Taliban are just now going to start kidnapping people. That's silly. Obviously they have been. The leader said they'd be emboldened to do it more.

If you actually think that Americans are 'just now thinking people will get kidnapped by the Taliban' ... then it's you who should check your thought process.. No one said any such thing.

Emboldened my ass. They have never had a reason not to be emboldened. Unless they are completely clueless about American history where we always say we do not negotiate and then we do. Something that everybody knows. So again what has emboldened them? What was holding them back before? The answer is nothing. So they are playing to idiots who will run around and say OMG!!! them terrorists is gonna start taking more people now cause they not scurrred anymore!!! In other words they think Americans are idiots.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
In THIS instance Obama negotiated; NOT Congress...and NOT the American people (we weren't consulted).
So (also in this case) Taliban negotiated with an idiot who happens to be an American President; NOT the American people.
Granted, a majority of Americans may be actual idiots for electing this moron...but that's another discussion.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Did terrorist ever stop targeting people since the day of time, nope. But yea obama opened pandoras box lol.

Your government has dealt money,weapons,medicine,food with terrorist in the past. The insanity is not even funny anymore.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
In THIS instance Obama negotiated; NOT Congress...and NOT the American people (we weren't consulted).
So (also in this case) Taliban negotiated with an idiot who happens to be an American President; NOT the American people.
Granted, a majority of Americans may be actual idiots for electing this moron...but that's another discussion.

Seeing all the protests by the American people that want Gitmo closed they more than likely would have agreed with this trade. Just wondering though how would the Taliban negotiate with 316,148,990 people?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
BHO could have gotten this deal ANY time. Why now, is the question.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
If I was President, I would have taken their list of detainees they wanted swapped, marched them naked onto the White House Lawn and put a .45 bullet into each of their heads. Then, I'd walk up to the podium drenched in blood and ask,"any questions". The pool reporters would be in stunned silence, I'd then turn and walk away...maybe take a few pot shots at some pigeons or whatever.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Civus Americanus

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well I mean sure you don't want these groups capturing more people, but IF they are in a position to capture somebody, it is better they do so than to kill them. Don't you think if they were close enough to grab them, but didn't want to take prisoners, that they would just kill them? So in other words if someone is captured they have a much better chance of survival. That is just something to consider.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
Well I mean sure you don't want these groups capturing more people, but IF they are in a position to capture somebody, it is better they do so than to kill them. Don't you think if they were close enough to grab them, but didn't want to take prisoners, that they would just kill them? So in other words if someone is captured they have a much better chance of survival. That is just something to consider.

All things being equal I would agree with you 100%.

The problem is these groups are not signatory to rules of war / Geneva conventions. Their goal is to kill American / coalition forces / civilians who don't subscribe to the groups religious / tactical goals.

I will take the last stand option and fight / die on my feet rather than surrendering and having my head cut off with a knife while its being video taped for propaganda videos.

We measure success and failure in military areas based on the goal of trying to limit civilian casualties at all cost. They measure success and failure in terms of how many people they can kill.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
President Obama allowed Bergdahl to go because He is a idealogical idiot and is reckless and wants Quantoinomo Bay closed down.No president has ever behaved this stupid in American history.Obama is a radical like leader and is very much like Woodrow WIlson and the Roosevelts.All about power with the government and will lie about anything.
However Obama seems to be even worse because He has this pattern in Him of behavoir of talking down America as if He hates how America is rich.
So Obama is using Sual Alisnky lying and has bizarre feelings of hating the rich and success of America.I would not put it past if a disaster happens for Obama and the progressive liars to demand a third term for Obama when His time is up.

All the people who follow the Saul Alinsky lying progressive machine will vote Him right back in.
edit on 6-6-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I do not think the taliban think americans are stupid they, like the rest of the real world know americans are idiots. Or at least the +- 50% that voted for him. a reply to: MrSpad

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

The action was a political stunt that blew up in his face.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results - IE Obamas scandals.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I actually think this will save lives, because think about it, in order to capture someone, you have to surround him and tell him to disarm, instead of killing him. And if the Taliban thinks they can ever get a US soldier in this situation, they're dreaming. It will cause them far more deaths than to try to capture him alive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join