It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban Commander: More Kidnappings to Come After Bergdahl Deal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Don't be fooled he was not important, that Is not how special forces and infiltrators works, most of those that are operatives are not even link to the military and neither live in the US per say, they spend years under the radar just to blend and befriend the enemy to gain trust, they just do no wander around into the hands of the enemy and expect to be treated and trusted equally. Is not going to happen.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: kruphix
Enjoy your Two Minutes Of Hate for the day people.

So the Taliban say that they are emboldened now and that they'll kidnap more people in order to get their terrorist buddies freed from GITMO ... and somehow us discussing what the Taliban said makes us full of 'hate'??? yeah right. Get real.

The Taliban dude said it. It's real. We all knew this was going to happen.

The Taliban says they are emboldened almost daily for any little thing.

For you to take their propaganda serious says a lot about your agenda.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

My position was based on the fact a negotiation occurred with a group listed as a terrorist organization. The Taliban have their own reasons for letting him live sure. However my focus is on the exchange and what could happen as a result of this action.

Terrorist group A takes an American hostage. They demand the release of Prisoner A B and C. US agrees, swap occurs.

Terrorist group B takes an American hostage. They demand the release of Prisoners D, E and F. US says no.

Terrorist groups are problem enough. Compound that with a country who negotiates with group A and not group B. Add in the religious issues we have seen with these terrorist groups whose own religious split (Shia Sunni)...

Did we negotiate with one and not the other because the prisoners worth were difference? One worth saving the other not? Did we negotiate with this group because they are Sunni instead of Shia? etc etc...

There are so many variables involved the only way to approach the situation is with - we don't negotiate with terrorist. For some this is a black and white issue.

For others this is Pandora's box (and it is).

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

You know I heard that the Taliban is recruiting soldiers for allah right now. You do not seem very happy with people exposing them for the terrorist and criminals they are.

So where you stand for right now, are you defending the Taliban? or just the American Deserter.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

My agenda? Oh knock it off.
I'm sitting at home talking on a chat forum about a current event topic. That's not 'agenda'. That's discussion. And anyone with even half a brain would know enough to take a terrorist seriously when they say 'we want to kidnap more people' ... especially after they successfully kidnapped one. So it's not 'propaganda' ... it's a FACT that they kidnap.

Common sense .... there will be more kidnappings because this one worked out extremely well for them. Common sense discussion isn't agenda. So ... again ... get real.

edit on 6/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: 'n' in want

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

So the Taliban say that they are emboldened now and that they'll kidnap more people in order to get their terrorist buddies freed from GITMO ... and somehow us discussing what the Taliban said makes us full of 'hate'??? yeah right. Get real.

I would say that getting 5 high level prisoners back for 1 Private is pretty emboldening in any leaders eyes.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

My agenda? Oh knock it off.
I'm sitting at home talking on a chat forum about a current event topic. That's not 'agenda'. That's discussion. And anyone with even half a brain would know enough to take a terrorist seriously when they say 'we want to kidnap more people' ... especially after they successfully kidnapped one. So it's not 'propaganda' ... it's a FACT that they kidnap.

Common sense .... there will be more kidnappings because this one worked out extremely well for them. Common sense discussion isn't agenda. So ... again ... get real.

Common sense would also suggest that they won't be the only terrorist group to start doing so now that it is known wide that we will trade. Any ideas as to other terrorists we are holding and their ties?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
"Phew!!!"

-said by defense contractors

Gotta keep those war-fires burning and no better way than to build up a boogeyman.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Got it! We shouldn't take Taliban PR seriously...but take Obama's PR as Gospel!
edit on 5-6-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yes, because we the Taliban have not been trying to kidnap anybody until this. Only now do we think it is a good idea. And if your dumb enough to believe that then we also have bridge to sell you. I know Americans are though of as the brightest people but, does the Taliban think anyone is dumb enough to think they are just now deciding to try and kidnap people?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Common sense would also suggest that they won't be the only terrorist group to start doing so ...

Think of the implications .... the Obama can be blackmailed by taking hostages. His hand can be forced to do what ever a terrorist or group wants. (Not that I think he minded his hand being 'forced').

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I know Americans are though of as the brightest people but, does the Taliban think anyone is dumb enough to think they are just now deciding to try and kidnap people?

What a strange thing to say. No one said that the Taliban are just now going to start kidnapping people. That's silly. Obviously they have been. The leader said they'd be emboldened to do it more.

If you actually think that Americans are 'just now thinking people will get kidnapped by the Taliban' ... then it's you who should check your thought process.. No one said any such thing.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
My conspiracy side see's a large amount of Americans getting captured and held hostage. The demands are for the rest of Gitmo's detainees being released effectively closing it down...and it's all part of the plan to get it done without congressional approval.

Paranoia? Yea maybe, but one might wanna be cautious visiting any attractions overseas in the coming months.
edit on 5-6-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Those wiley old Taliban better enjoy their victory while it lasts...because once Hillary takes over from Barack, Americans overseas will be real safe from terrorists.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
My conspiracy side see's a large amount of Americans getting captured and held hostage. The demands are for the rest of Gitmo's detainees being released effectively closing it down...and it's all part of the plan to get it done without congressional approval.

Paranoia? Yea maybe.

Not sure that would fly. If a lot of Americans started to get kidnapped I would think that would cause the US to retaliate and find more Taliban to put in there.

I do wonder what is keeping us from going back and picking up those that we released at this point....deal is done and unless there was some clause about not being able to re-capture these guys, why haven't we?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I do wonder what is keeping us from going back and picking up those that we released at this point....

If Obama was smart ... which he's not ... he would have chipped them so we'd have something to focus our drone strike on. But I'd bet a box of donuts that didn't happen.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Great question, why don't we snatch them back up? I'm like most people and think we are just seeing the icing on this cake. Something's brewing we aren't yet aware of.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Right...we know where they are so what is the hesitation? What kind of deal was made? Are these guys untouchable now and we are just to assume they are going to behave?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
“It’s better to kidnap one person like Bergdahl than kidnapping hundreds of useless people,” the commander said. Well, Duhhhh! Who’d a thunk it? Really, how obvious can you get? Any grade school kid knows this. Is this what constitutes news? Man...

In the first place, everyone who knows abosolutely NOTHING about this event has cheerfully taken the role of judge, jury and executioner. I guess instead of waiting for the facts to come out and taking a civilized approach on how to handle it, it’s more fun to join a vigilante mob, foaming at the mouth over a righteous hanging.

What happened to the long-held tenet of our armed services in which “we leave no man (or woman) behind”? Is nothing sacred anymore? Have we become a nation of blood thirsty savages? Sometimes I think so; especially after reading some of the posts around here.

Look, the dude’s in our custody now, and we have left no man behind. The military can take any action they deem necessary and appropriate. If the guy’s a deserter, then he can be court martialled for that. Isn’t that how things work in this country? It used to be, back when we were considered a great nation.

It turns my stomach when our so-called “leaders” choose to politicize something like this. The same people who just 3 weeks ago were overjoyed by the fact that our last POW may be coming home are now spewing hate rhetoric over it for political gain. And they don’t even know the facts yet! It’s phony, disgusting, self-serving and downright unAmerican. And anyone who can’t see that is either severely naive or painfully shallow.

Many of the hundreds of detainees released from Gitmo under the Bush administration are still classified as “enemy combatants”. I don’t hear any squawking about that. There’s no way of knowing ahead of time whether or not someone released will return to once again battle their perceived enemy. It’s a crap shoot. And EVERYBODY KNOWS IT.

About 150-200 detainees, many of whom have already been cleared for release, remain at Guantanamo. A majority of them, after spending the last 10 years in prison, have never been charged with a crime. That, in itself, should be considered a war crime. No wonder the world hates us. My sentiment about it is either crap or get off the stool. We need to close down the Gitmo Torture Chamber anyway. May as well get something out of it - the release of the last American POW sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

I feel sorry for Obama. He was in a lose-lose situation. He got our last POW back and is now catching hell over it. If he had left the guy there he would most certainly have caught hell over it. No matter what he does, people aren’t satisfied. What a thankless job! And you know what? I think the idiots who created this whole mess in the first place should take some responsibility for the consequences of their greedy actions. Where’s all the Bush-Cheney haters out there? I can’t hear you!!!

Let the good times roll...

PS: The Taliban may be a bad lot, but they are not designated by the US as a Terrorist Organization. They have not invaded our shores, have not attacked our country and are only defending themselves against what they consider an enemy invader (the US). Negotiations are common with enemy forces when a war winds down. And this has been the longest war in American history.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Maybe this trade was originally supposed to be made with a captured Ambassador Stevens.
How's THAT for a conspiracy theory?

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join