It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban Commander: More Kidnappings to Come After Bergdahl Deal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: FlyersFan

Only an idiot wouldn't see this outcome. Obviously it's part of the plan that treasonous POS Obama is pushing for his masters.

Cheers - Dave

"I didn't see this coming"

~Idiot

Yeah, you saw it coming, I know ya did LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I wonder what we could get for trading them the Benghazi video producer?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
THIS is exactly WHY we shouldn't negotiate with Terrorists! Thanks Obama! The NEXT American soldier kidnapping is on Your Head!

Here is another ramification.

If we return to we don't negotiate with terrorists period I would say theer is a more likely chance of them being executed / murdered upon capture instead of holding them and hoping they can free their own.
edit on 5-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
So you actually think THAT was the reason they let Bergdahl live? Naive.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

So you actually think THAT was the reason they let Bergdahl live? Naive.

Re-read my post and try again.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

THIS is exactly WHY we shouldn't negotiate with Terrorists! Thanks Obama! The NEXT American soldier kidnapping is on Your Head!

Here is another ramification.

If we return to we don't negotiate with terrorists period I would say theer is a more likely chance of them being executed / murdered upon capture instead of holding them and hoping they can free their own.

And for yet another spin on that, at the rate the US is trading, 5 to 1, how soon before all theirs are out? Then what do we have to trade......

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Well I guess the muslim president agenda is to keep letting terrorist go every time they kidnap a soldier in the middle east.

So he still can look like a hero for his buddies the terrorist and those that see not evil when it comes to him and his political party.

I guess he just gave permission to kidnap soldiers at will.

Thank you mr. president.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Yeah, because they never tried to capture US Soldiers anyway...right?

So much hype, propaganda, and hate mongering.

Enjoy your Two Minutes Of Hate for the day people.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

There is now a greater chance of Americans being proactively kidnapped at random...by ANY terrorist group in the world; knowing now that they have a willing negotiator-in-chief with Obama.

I see your point, but it's clear that they let Bergdahl live because he was a deserter, sympathizer...and possibly a collaborator.

I doubt that in their wildest dreams they initially thought that they could get this phenomenal a trade by keeping him alive.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I am sure others have caught this, but wouldn't this imply that Bergdahl does indeed have some major use for the US outside of what they are portraying in the media?

It does make you wonder. What could Bergdahl's value be to the United States? I mean, after five years, I think the Taliban would have gotten any knowledge off of him, so what could be so valuable about Berdgahl?

“It’s better to kidnap one person like Bergdahl than kidnapping hundreds of useless people,”

Yes, it really does make you wonder what is worth saving about one person? Even the President is a dime a dozen... everyone in this world is expendable and replaceable...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Many high ranking contractors have high security clearances the middle east is full of them right now, even when they are protected by the government military and private security firms they sill can be targeted easily.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
Enjoy your Two Minutes Of Hate for the day people.

So the Taliban say that they are emboldened now and that they'll kidnap more people in order to get their terrorist buddies freed from GITMO ... and somehow us discussing what the Taliban said makes us full of 'hate'??? yeah right. Get real.

The Taliban dude said it. It's real. We all knew this was going to happen.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Let's also not forget that there will be many more dead Afghans and possibly Americans (civilians and possibly soldiers) once these five evil bastards get back to business. THOSE deaths will be on Obama's head as well.
...I'm sure they've already all booked their first-class flights out of Qatar...back to Afghanistan via Pakistan.
edit on 5-6-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I am sure the president is very satisfied with the knowledge that he is helping his buddies in the middle east.

Can an America president be either that stupid or just doesn't give a crap about the people that he sworn to serve?

How does the military will see and trust their commander in chief now.

How can parents tell their children now to trust the military amid the results of our leaders actions.

I am still waiting for the president to explain himself.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
Here's his explanation:

Obama: "I make absolutely no apologies" for Bergdahl prisoner exchange..."

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I am still waiting for the president to explain himself.

Won't happen. He thinks he's above the law so therefore he thinks he doesn't have to explain himself. When confronted about breaking the law he lied and called it an 'oversight'. An oversight of the very law that he himself signed.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I am still trying to get my head around his words about Bergdahl being "such and important bird" This implies to me that they knew what they had all along and that Bowe was working for the US in some other capacity than just a Private in the armed forces. He specifically said he was important.....why was he important? And how did they know he was important? None of this adds up......

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I had no clue the president said that already, I am amazed at the arrogance and disregard for the people they serve our political leaders have this days.

I guess they are so sure that the people in the US will just suck up, bend over and take it has become the norm and is not need to please the voters and tax payers anymore.

Incredible, to whom America belongs this days, why bother with elections.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I am still trying to get my head around his words about Bergdahl being "such and important bird" .

Yeah seriously. From where we sit this guy is not a 'such important bird'.
Why'd they think he was important ... more so than others? I'm not seeing it.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Bergdahl was 'important' because he was the ONLY American soldier in captivity in Afghanistan. Obama wanted to say that he ended the war...and brought home ALL the American prisoners...as a P.R. event.
Why now? Because of the bad P.R. he is receiving from the ongoing V.A. scandal.
I'm sure the Taliban knew how important 'this bird' was to Obama...ergo, beyond whatever strategic info Bergdahl gave them in the past, he was important to them....because he was important enough to Obama to offer them such a sweet deal in trade.

edit on 5-6-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join