It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ryland: A transgender 6 yr old; lovable, or demon-possessed?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Ryland was only 5 years old.

And for now, he's happy.
Did you watch the vid? The parents through their research learned that most kids acknowledge their 'gender identity' between 3 and 5 years of age.

Ryland was showing signs of shame, and asking tearful questions about "why" God made him that way. As soon as he learned to speak he insisted he was a boy. The parents thought it was a 'phase', but it just got stronger.

Again, Did You Watch the Video?

And if so - what do you see as the problem? Allowing kids to be who they are? Or adults forcing them into 'gender' roles? When my son was born, I was given a 'questionairre' in the hospital about what I 'wanted him to be'. If I recall correctly, it gave multiple-choice answers like "doctor, fire-fighter, businessman" and so forth.

My answer was "other", and I wrote in: I just want him to be happy and whoever he decides to be.
I've stuck by that. He is now 23.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I watched the video.

I can accept Ryland whether he/she is a boy or a girl. My skepticism is just part of my nature. I am the devil's advocate, almost always.

Can you understand that? I am skeptical of many things, even my own identity. I'm skeptical whether we're even what we think we're.

Nonetheless, if I was Ryland's parents, I'd want him to be the best he can be. His parents are only trying to help him reach his potential.
edit on 5-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

I think Ryland will grow up accepting himself. The question is whether others will accept Ryland. Growing up around people who don't accept him might be hard.

Yes, it might. But growing up is hard anyway. If his parents/family are supportive, he will be okay. My son was not circumcised: a decision his dad and I agreed on. At one point, about age 11 or 12, he was worried that his genitalia would remain small - I assured him it would not.

Nowadays he's quite fine with it, and has not been ostracized at all (he's 23).
The problem is society - as you said. So, should Ryland be forced to 'play the part' when his heart and MIND are not in it?

No. He should not. He will find people who accept him.
At this point, he's a little kid. When puberty hits, things will get more complicated, for sure. But with his family's support, I think he'll be fine.

edit on 6/5/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Good for that family. Demon possessed? LOL Do people really believe that in this day and age? That they think that being transgender is the work of the devil? I guess haters are going to hate, but I hope this family gets lot's of support and I hope they are strong and I hope we evolve into a better society soon.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So it's a girl... Who wants to be a boy???

How do they know it's the body that's "wrong" & not some sort of Brain damage???

What was they told during pregnancy???
"Your having a boy... with a vagina!!!"

I don't think it's possession, probably a lack of oxygen during childhood though!!!

Peace everybody!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
When I read and watched about Ryland, I thought about this other boy who has memories as a WWII fighter pilot. The video shows how this boy has intense memories of the war and how his plane went down. THe overall belief is that he was reincarnated. What if the transgender issue is a reincarnation memory of your past gender?

ATS Reincarnation

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

No I don't think any of those figures would condemn someone for being uncomfortable as their native born gender. I just find it odd that a god would allow that to happen to begin with. Seems like much heartache and hardship could be avoided if god would not create people like that. Also the idea that it is to test others is equally as odd. If god would just not make people this way, then we wouldn't have to worry about overcoming this hardship. Basically, going by your account of things. It's just simpler to me he were a product of nature and we as humans just need to get right with it. I don't seen how god is involved with this process at all.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
So you guys are seriously...I am REALLY suggesting that this kid is not facing eternal damnation? And I am not talking about a hundred or even a thousand years of torture in hellfire, no. Not even a trillion years of brimstone and cruel, sadistic violence at the hands of Satan herself. No...I mean ETERNAL. Forever. With no chance of escape or repentance EVER.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating
So you guys are seriously...I am REALLY suggesting that this kid is not facing eternal damnation? And I am not talking about a hundred or even a thousand years of torture in hellfire, no. Not even a trillion years of brimstone and cruel, sadistic violence at the hands of Satan herself. No...I mean ETERNAL. Forever. With no chance of escape or repentance EVER.

Sorry, Your post wasn't clear to me. Are you suggesting that this child IS going to be in Hell forever?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Sorry, Your post wasn't clear to me. Are you suggesting that this child IS going to be in Hell forever?

My post is a parody of fundamentalist christian doctrine.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
wow!
great story.
as a boy he Realy looks like a boy.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
(Sigh)

I wish the parents would have left her the way she was born and let her make the choice when she was old enough.

Would people feel the same if a child had BIID, would you support them if they allowed their child to have limbs removed?
Or in this case tied their limbs so they could not use them.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
(Sigh)

I wish the parents would have left her the way she was born and let her make the choice when she was old enough.

They haven't done anything physical to the child, but let him choose to be himself. They haven't done any surgery or anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I am encouraged by the advances in understanding sexual orientation as a very large gray area, not black and white.

This boy could have a very full and happy life. Imagine if everyone just accepted him for who he is.

Unfortunately, he will have to face ignorance and prejudice from outside forces.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I watched the video.

I can accept Ryland whether he/she is a boy or a girl. My skepticism is just part of my nature. I am the devil's advocate, almost always.

Can you understand that? I am skeptical of many things, even my own identity. I'm skeptical whether we're even what we think we're.

Nonetheless, if I was Ryland's parents, I'd want him to be the best he can be. His parents are only trying to help him reach his potential.

. On some level you can think of yourself as a genderless souls/spirit having a temporary human experience. I was born normally and have birth amnesia as everybody else. But in my way of being I do not think my soul is 100% compatible with being in a human body but I do think of myself as male. At least it is more compatible now days than before after a lot of meditation. Before that it was just totally wrong and very annoying. I am very clumsy in human body and it is a bit to hot in temperature for me.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
(Sigh)

Would people feel the same if a child had BIID, would you support them if they allowed their child to have limbs removed?
Or in this case tied their limbs so they could not use them.

en.wikipedia.org...

And herein lies a huge issue I have with our society. Were all busy bodies and think we know what's best for others based on our own personal version of morality. This child parents decided that a happy child at this age was more important than a suicidal 14 year old. It's their child their decision. It's not like they've started hormone therapy or scheduled reassignment surgery. It's a haircut, wardrobe change and accepting their child for who the child is. Not even comparable to BIID which is clearly physically harmful. I see this as a huge leap if faith in the name if love a their child has the most optimal chance at living a HAPPY life. Will there be massive obstacles for him? Absolutely. But he will face those obstacles and the subsequent ostracization with more confidence and self respect. To me that's far more important than other peoples misgivings and squeamishness.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Good for that family. Demon possessed? LOL Do people really believe that in this day and age? That they think that being transgender is the work of the devil? I guess haters are going to hate, but I hope this family gets lot's of support and I hope they are strong and I hope we evolve into a better society soon.

Normally it is the people who are talking about demon possession that are the ones with the real ego demonic problem.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Some days I wish it was so simple that we where just a product of nature. Evolution on all levels (Social/Biological/Spiritual/Science) are hard sometimes.

Give it enough time and the social structure will have evolved so transgender is not an issue at all just like racism is looked down upon an though of as small minded.
edit on 5-6-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What a brave and loving family!

They have lost friends over listening to their child, but they bravely faced the truth together and have helped a little person to be who they are.

And for the sickos out there, theres nothing sexual about it at this age. She just realised she feels like a little boy with girl plumbing and hates pig tails, my little ponies and tea parties etc. The sexual awakening will come with puberty and that is another bridge for the family to cross.

ETA For those naysayers that will espouse that children are too young to know anything about things like this, I present below another mind blowing video of an 11 year old boy who truly believes he is a reincarnated ww2 fighter pilot. Impossible you say? Watch the vid and make up your own mind.....

edit on 5-6-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

(I presume that you meant to say "I mean REALLY suggesting that this kid is not facing eternal damnation?" - Rather than "I am REALLY suggesting...."

Right?)

Answer: Yes, I'm really suggesting that. He is not.

You've got to be trolling/kidding. Right?

Ohhh!!! Okay, thanks for clarifying. I wondered what the hell you were saying!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join