It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Theorists Do You Take With a Grain of Salt? Why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'd like to know which theorists, conspiracy theorists, or groups qualified as either do you either actively avoid or listen to skeptically. I'd also like to know your reasoning behind why.

My lists consists partially of
Alex Jones
Glenn Beck
Mark Dice
Dahboo7
Jesse Ventura
Before it's news

I should be able to name more but I listen to a lot of people I believe or disbelieve and have a hard time remembering many.

Alex Jones was someone I listen to for a good while always skeptical because of his rants brought a feeling of awkwardness to me. I really started considering him as either a scam artist (always selling to his listeners something he is fear mongering) or a disinformation agent when I found his Y2K video. Sure he may have changed since but it take a whole lot of crazy to tell people the world is collapsing and that Russia is attacking.

Glenn Beck I really don't need to say to much on. He's a puppet and it shows with his contradictions and fear mongering on issues that have turned out weren't real issues at all just misinterpreted.... but never an apology because the never ending fear campaign always has news to fill the slots... so there is no time to ask for forgiveness.

Mark Dice to me has never held any validity. He posts a lot of videos of the ignorance of society getting them to sign petitions signed by people out in public that completely contradict what the signer believes or to have the signer believe something that has no truth what so ever. Which I hardly find informative. We know people are tools, so why posts videos only proving it. While I think picking on the misinformed and never showing much teaching the misinformed is a show of poor character in itself, I am mostly annoyed at his willingness to claim anyone who had their picture in a magazine as an Illuminati puppet with always NO evidence. I have this impression that he is always giving move of his opinion to his viewers than actual evidence.

Dahboo7 always seems to be misinformed about something or other. You'll find his sources to be weak at best but what really gets me angry at this guy is that I believe he believes what he is saying.

Jesse is a whole different story. I can't really explain my uneasiness with Jesse but I have a strong impression of him not hitting issues as hard as he could either for his own career or because he doesn't care as much as he says about the issues.

Again I could probably name off quite a few more in time and will do so but i'd appreciate seeing responses. If you'd also like to post the name of those you believe in or have faith in as well please do.

I like me some Benn Swann, Suspicious0bserver, FlyersFan (ATS
), Stefan Molyneux, Fabian4Liberty, StormCloudsGathering, corbettreport, Ron Paul (is my hommie), etc ,

originally posted by: neversaynever
You forget the biggest fraud of them all B O.

How the hell did I forget O'really?
He is a conspiracy theorist if only in our own opinions but the MSM would never label him as such. I am trying to figure a way to explain why people who don't acknowledge the corruption in government as anything other than two parties fighting big and the lesser just being an annoyance.
edit on 5-6-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

They're all entertainers and therefore should be taken with grain of salt.

Anyone who makes a living by "exposing" conspiracies has a huge conflict of interest in regard to genuine truth.

Out of the list I will watch Jesse occasionally because I find him entertaining. I in no way take his show/interviews as anything beyond entertainment.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
All of the above. a reply to: Antipathy17

We are after all talking about conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I would say Glenn Beck because he is mainstream enough to cause real issues.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You forget the biggest fraud of them all B O.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Alex Jones for sure, He's a freaking alarmist.

I've listened to his show twice and that's as much as I could stomach, in every break he's flogging survivalist gear and during the show he's trying to scare people into a state where they need to purchase said products.

In a way his fear campaigns are no better than the one the Govt imposes. He's a contrarian in every sense of the word, and when no one agrees with him he throws a tantrum.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

They're all horrible.

All i ever see is biased material from pretty much everyone you listed. Of course it isn't surprising, but i wouldn't trust anyone associated with 'exposing' conspiracies, at all. Heck, i don't even use ATS as a proper source for conspiracies anymore (although it remains a good site for alternative news, and other perspectives).......

I like to both, read from a range of different sources and conduct my own research, in order to come to a conclusion of a specific topic.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

They're all horrible.

All i ever see is biased material from pretty much everyone you listed. Of course it isn't surprising, but i wouldn't trust anyone associated with 'exposing' conspiracies, at all. Heck, i don't even use ATS as a proper source for conspiracies anymore (although it remains a good site for alternative news, and other perspectives).......

I like to both, read from a range of different sources and conduct my own research, in order to come to a conclusion of a specific topic.

I am with you on that. I try to be consistent about checking all sources, sadly more on ATS than ever. I like being able to read fringe ideas but checking a source is a must anymore.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I'm astonished that anyone would use a "conspiracy theorist" as a reputable source of information and anyone that does might be intellectually challenged.

In fact I can't think of even one source of information that I'd consider legitimate and without some kind of agenda; perhaps the BBC...but even they drift into the surreal from time to time.

It's a brave new world....

edit on 5-6-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
Alex Jones was someone I listen to for a good while always skeptical because of his rants brought a feeling of awkwardness to me. I really started considering him as either a scam artist (always selling to his listeners something he is fear mongering) or a disinformation agent when I found his Y2K video. Sure he may have changed since but it take a whole lot of crazy to tell people the world is collapsing and that Russia is attacking.

I listen to Alex Jones the most out of anyone, but I am still always skeptical of most of what comes out of his mouth. But, yes, he is a fear monger and he sells the "cure" in his own store... go figure! I do owe him a debt of gratitude though, because between him and Jesse Ventura they awakened me to the fact that not all is right in the world, and I have been looking for the truth ever since.

Glenn Beck I really don't need to say to much on. He's a puppet and it shows with his contradictions and fear mongering on issues that have turned out weren't real issues at all just misinterpreted.... but never an apology because the never ending fear campaign always has news to fill the slots... so there is no time to ask for forgiveness.

I agree 100%; I don't like Glenn Beck at all, I've seen him do nothing but contradict himself.

Mark Dice to me has never held any validity. He posts a lot of videos of the ignorance of society getting them to sign petitions signed by people out in public that completely contradict what the signer believes or to have the signer believe something that has no truth what so ever. Which I hardly find informative. We know people are tools, so why posts videos only proving it. While I think picking on the misinformed and never showing much teaching the misinformed is a show of poor character in itself, I am mostly annoyed at his willingness to claim anyone who had their picture in a magazine as an Illuminati puppet with always NO evidence. I have this impression that he is always giving move of his opinion to his viewers than actual evidence.

Once again, I agree 100%. Heck, I agree 100,000,000,000,000%. I can't stand Mark Dice. It's one thing to show how blindly people will follow along to whatever you tell them in a hurry, but it's another to actually wake them up and make them realise what they are actually doing and how this is what's the most wrong with society as we know it. I can never watch through any of his videos as I'm ashamed that people can be so ignorant yet at the same time I can't stand how he's edging them on just to prove his point without actually doing anything to help the cause.

Dahboo7 always seems to be misinformed about something or other. You'll find his sources to be weak at best but what really gets me angry at this guy is that I believe he believes what he is saying.

Who? lol

Jesse is a whole different story. I can't really explain my uneasiness with Jesse but I have a strong impression of him not hitting issues as hard as he could either for his own career or because he doesn't care as much as he says about the issues.

I like Jesse Ventura a lot but you're right, he doesn't hit it as hard as he can because as he even admitted here on ATS, he is an actor and he's really just doing what the networks want him to do so they can get viewers. It's a shame that's what he does but I still find him very trustworthy.

As for StormCloudsGathering, which is the only other one in your post I really recognise, I only really remember seeing a few YT videos by him, and he does make some good informed points.

Other than that, I have heard many conspiracy theorists, but I can only name the more well-known ones you've already mentioned. Most of the others I don't find any validity at all in what they're trying to cook up, but it's always entertaining though.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The only one that makes me sit up and take notice is Jim Marrs. 'Rule by Secrecy' - excellent book. Dan Akyroyd .... anything he has to say I pay attention to. He's brilliant in alternative topics. The rest of them are interesting ... but not trustworthy unless I have backup sources to get the info from.
edit on 6/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wolf Blitzer, Anderson Cooper, et. al.

Pretty much any conspiracy theorist on CNN, Fox, or MSNBC. Can't trust them.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Go watch Abby Martin of Breaking the Set tv, and her brother's site, Media Roots. You'll never watch any of those other guys again.

Jesse Ventura is sincere but he hardly gets on the internet and gets most of his information from books, which is a very slow way to learn. He's behind the curve and will never catch up, plus he probably has a greater worry about retribution having seen how the govt works first hand; his son Tyrell Ventura and Sean Stone, Oliver's son, have a show called Buzzsaw on Lip TV that is very interesting. They're uneven interviewers, and some of their guests are not the best but others are stellar. In other words, they're still learning but at a fast pace. Richard Dolan of 'UFOs and the National Security State' fame is a trained historian, takes the information seriously, and has a good radio show on once a week. There's other great radio interview shows out there, Red Ice Radio and Veritas probably being the best. Local conspiracy shows can be very uneven in quality but sometimes you'll run across a good one.

There's so much interference now by the gatekeepers, not to mention the people that Mark Dice points out who haven't a fluoride poisoned clue, that anyone trying to get out information, even if it's of the whistleblower I know what I'm talking about type, is blocked. If the blocking doesn't work, your brand new Mercedes explodes right before it hits a tree and everybody pretends that's not what happened.

Edited to add, you can tell a lot about any newsperson or presenter by going back in the internet archives several years and seeing if their 'predictions' came true yet. If they're hawking a global disaster back in 2011, or earthquakes, wars, 'kill shots', etc that haven't happened yet and are beginning to sound like broken records, or if their main purpose seems to be promoting fear rather than ever giving answers, take that under consideration if you're willing to believe them in the present. Catherine Austin Fitts seems to have a good handle on economic matters, as does Paul Craig Roberts. They don't scream, rant or fake-cry, they present real information that's actionable.
edit on 460316pmThursdayf03Thu, 05 Jun 2014 13:03:46 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: addendum

top topics

join