It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for ATS - Has Obama Gone 'Rogue' ??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Absolutely, no doubt.

Very much like the "Frog in a pot of water, being slowly boiled" analogy.

The thing thats going to be hard for the american people to overcome will be the sown in diversionary lines which will hinder the unity of the american people to rally against their out of control govt.

Plus, the american people are being systematically broken down to become dependent upon the govt (very similar to American Indians - think about it, similarities are present). . .

Russell Means: Americans Are The New Indian

American Indian Russell Means gives an eye-opening 90 minute interview in which he explains how Native Americans and Americans in general are all imprisoned within one huge reservation. "The history of the American and the history of the Indian have now come full circle and are intertwined in the dictatorial policies of those that control the monetary system of America," remarks Means.

::edit:: start at the 4:17 mark on vid - this is an American Indian giving americans your WAKE UP CALL.
edit on 5-6-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm wondering if this would make a good ATS survey question. We haven't seen any more questions pop up. (I think people were skewing the results). But this would be a good one ... if people answered honestly. I wonder what the percent would be.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yes his record of using executive orders to by pass check and balances in a nation of laws has made him a rogue president, regardless of how much the propaganda machine keeps telling that is all for the good of the nation.

We also have the issue of the NSA and his stance on spying the citizens, it seems that for the president is no wrong doing even with the constitutional rights that he has allowed to be violated.

He is not only rogue he is darn right dangerous.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

1st question - Can Obama be considered as 'going rogue'.

2nd question - Is it okay for a POTUS to 'go rogue' if he/she wants to get something done and can't? Is it a good enough excuse to go around the checks and balances that are in place, and is not getting your way a good enough reason for a POTUS to break the law?

Q1 - Yes 100%

Q2 - No 100%

0bama is an arrogant snot.

He's snippy and always wants his way.

He is convinced his ideals are best for 7 billion people.

Definitely a wacko-sicko brat complex.

97% of psychiatrists might agree.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I would 2nd the request & encourage it.

This is a good thread

. . . utilizing a survey would allow ALL ATS members to chip in & cast their vote - maybe even give an explanation on why they voted the way that they did. Just from reading members responses already, I can tell there would be good discussions.

Perhaps, a common ground will present itself & come into focus.

edit on 5-6-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And to think people that I voted for him in his first term he fooled me, but by the second term I was pretty much sure of his agenda and I knew he was not what it seem, but the rest of the people still believe him to be better than apple pie.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: xuenchen

And to think people that I voted for him in his first term he fooled me, but by the second term I was pretty much sure of his agenda and I knew he was not what it seem, but the rest of the people still believe him to be better than apple pie.

I think it was more of we didn't want Romney in the White house than that we really wanted Obama again.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

That is why I stay home on that election day, I could not vote for the person that originated what now is call "Obamacare".

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The sad part about this entire affair in Washington DC, is the federal government. It is starting to fracture, and the cracks in the administration is showing. The support in the congress is starting to erode, the realization of what this president is doing and what the cost is and who all is going to pay, is finally being realized.

Has the President gone rogue? In short, no he has not gone rogue. He is exercising and using his authority to the fullest extent, even crossing some lines that have never been crossed before. Or that the President has and in short has not been used or exercised in a long time.

The facts happen to be is that this great hope, is turning out to be a nightmare for the party that endorsed him as he has no real experience, and when he had it all in the palm of his hand, he let it go. He shows no leadership ability or drive, beyond the current problem that crosses his desk. The sad part is that he is either being deliberately kept in the dark about a lot of the problems that are affecting his administration and its policies, or is outright lying or a combination of both.

Every politician lies, they do it to gather votes, half of the promises do not pan out what so ever to amount to anything, or go anywhere.

The other sad part of this entire point going around Obama, is that if anyone is to blame for some of the scandals around Obama administration is the congress. They voted and gave the authority to the congress, they sat there and voted and said this is a good idea, and now are crying when the president is using that authority.

When it comes to the prisoners in Gitmo, is it a shock? The man has stated time and time again he wants to close down the prison on that military base. This is a prison, but under military control, and the president is in charge of the military. If anything if the congress wanted to do something to have some say in such, then they should have agreed to the removal of said prisoners to their home states and into max secure prisons if not supermax prisions.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Yes, he has, but long before this particular thing. And, no, it isn't acceptable. If the highest position is above the law, the law is meaningless.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
You know reading further ,I guess why in this particular case Obama made the call to jump the gun 30 days in advance on this,if the administration felt Bergadahi's life was in danger .

U.S. officials said on Thursday they needed to move quickly because of concerns about Bergdahl's health as well as fears that leaks could cause the deal to collapse or prompt a Taliban member who disagreed with it to kill Bergdahl.

"We had both specific and general indications that Sgt Bergdahl's recovery - and potentially his life - could be jeopardized if the detainee exchange proceedings were disclosed or derailed," a senior U.S. administration official said.

news.yahoo.com...

It is also obvious that Bergdahl was no model soldier,ferchrisakes he was wondering off during training in California and even before he joined the military,boot-camp was/is meant to ferret out this kind of trouble from the ranks.

But interestingly enough pols both Reps and Dems began to delete tweets when the S@%T hit the fan about him being an AWOL if not a downright deserter that got at-least 6 of his fellow soldiers killed searching for him.
They were all about the "PRAISE" tripping over themselves as one who had nice things to say about what they would call a hero wet dreaming of a photo op in an election year with THE LAST POW! a good title for a cheesy movie.
Politicians Delete Digital Praise of Bowe Bergdahl Release
mashable.com...
List of Pols who deleted their pro Bergdahal's tweets^

Did Obama over-stepped his authority regardless of whether he thought it was the right move ??..yes ,is it in keeping in what other POTUS would have done in the past and more likely will do in the future yes.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Dreams of Photo Ops aside, here is the problem, its not that a whole lot of politicians did not apparently have a clue what Bergdahl's history was... that is only part of the point.

The ones in charge of getting him released should have found out his history, first off... and made their decisions accordingly. This is number one.

Number Two, the portion of the NDAA that falls under the purview of this action, congressional notification, was signed into law by Obama... that portion of the NDAA specifically pertained to the President and his administration, and they knew it when he signed it.

So, when he signed it into law, he wrote a signing statement calling the section unconstitutional saying:

"Section 1035 does not, however, eliminate all of the unwarranted limitations on foreign transfers and, in certain circumstances, would violate constitutional separation of powers principles. The executive branch must have the flexibility, among other things, to act swiftly in conducting negotiations with foreign countries regarding the circumstances of detainee transfers,” www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

Basically, he said he plans on doing whatever the hell he likes concerning that particular law, and that he does not believe congress should be notified... and that is exactly what he did... refused to notify congress

He apparently doesn't realize that he doesn't get to decide which laws are unconstitutional or not. That is up to the judicial branch. If he didn't like the law or want to abide it he should not have signed it into law.

As far as what did the white house say about this?

White House spokesman Josh Earnest said Obama’s decision not to comply with the 30-day notification requirement in the Bergdahl case was “completely consistent with the objections we’ve raised about the president’s ability to manage the nation’s foreign policy.”

Again, # congress they say... this president never had any intention to comply with the law... because he believes in a totalitarian government.

Obama criticized Bush for doing the same thing, he said:

“The problem with this administration is that it has attached signing statements to legislation in an effort to change the meaning of the legislation, to avoid enforcing certain provisions of the legislation that the President does not like, and to raise implausible or dubious constitutional objections to the legislation.”

Obama himself called that unconstitutional.(video of that on page one)... so in Obama's own words, he violated the constitution when he used a signing statement in order to released those 5 Taliban without congressional notification and the ability for congress to make certain those 5 released detainees would not go back to fighting us.

This President is dangerous. In the NDAA alone Obama put 20 signing statements, and if this 1 signing statement is anything to gauge by, he did it in order to change the meaning and/or simply void the legislation he signed into law...

Link to quoted material
edit on 6-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

It started with Reagan and went downhill from there.

So when do we say no more, and act upon our powers to impeach? I say its now... this country is near destroyed because of the actions of these last few presidents, if we don't stand up and use the power we have, then why complain?

I say impeach now! Before its too late. Send a clear message to the next President... "We wont put up with this # anymore!"

I certainly have no intention of living in a totalitarian regime because the next president would like it to be one - and I'll be damned if I stand back and allow this one to do whatever the hell he pleases! It's time to impeach!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

It started with Reagan and went downhill from there.

So when do we say no more, and act upon our powers to impeach? I say its now... this country is near destroyed because of the actions of these last few presidents, if we don't stand up and use the power we have, then why complain?

I say impeach now! Before its too late. Send a clear message to the next President... "We wont put up with this # anymore!"

I certainly have no intention of living in a totalitarian regime because the next president would like it to be one - and I'll be damned if I stand back and allow this one to do whatever the hell he pleases! It's time to impeach!

Great in a situation devoid of partisan politics,remember Clinton?? I am not exactly trusting of this Congress in an election yr not to turn this into a circus but in any case is there anything else they can do to strip the NDAA thus shaming Obama in the process??

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Obama shamed himself. No one did that part for him. He did it, happily and willingly.

Why don't you realize this is not about partisan crap? Hell I voted for Obama in 2008 because I was so tired of Bush's #.. It's not partisan. All these apples are bad, and we need to stand up and say no more!

This has simply gone too far! Enough is Enough!

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Obama shamed himself. No one did that part for him. He did it, happily and willingly.

Why don't you realize this is not about partisan crap? Hell I voted for Obama in 2008 because I was so tired of Bush's #.. It's not partisan. All these apples are bad, and we need to stand up and say no more!

This has simply gone too far! Enough is Enough!

He is shamed but not ashamed he haven't reversed anything especially on NDAA and killing U.S citizens overseas without due process which I screamed at him through my monitor for implementing,look TBH I would support an impeachment or some-sorta censor but I have to look at those doing the impeaching I am sorry but they muddy the waters with their past and present antics give me a clean slate of folks of good will on both sides of the isle,then I'd be more than willing to give him the proverbial middle finger.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The chorus for his Impeachment is growing and is getting louder..

here are 2 links to add to your OP list

www.youtube.com...
(some few minutes between Savage & the Judge Pirro)

www.wnd.com...
(a wake up story... I think my StUdio comment made the screening at the end of the page)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: NorEaster

1st question - Can Obama be considered as 'going rogue'.

2nd question - Is it okay for a POTUS to 'go rogue' if he/she wants to get something done and can't? Is it a good enough excuse to go around the checks and balances that are in place, and is not getting your way a good enough reason for a POTUS to break the law?

There is NEVER a good enough reason to break the law. You may break the law because you decide that the choice is more important than the punishment...but the punishment MUST occur. In other words...if he broke the law...and this is a serious law...he should be impeached. Especially when you add up the list of laws broken and cover-ups.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
the 5 terrorists ...equal to Generals in the Taliban military/religious/political~ ideaology...

were released to the Nation of Qatar
~ Qatar is in diligent negotiations to join the BRICKS Banking alternative to replace the USA/London Financial System which uses the World Bank-BIS-IMF as units of global monetary hegemony

What's "Barry the oval-office-occupier" doing in releasing the 5 Taliban Generals in the Qatar which is striving to be a mortal enemy of the USA to take-down the USD as the present world-reserve-currency

Qatar and Saudi Arabia are both asking to join the BRICS banking system...

just another 'problem' that will soon materialize in the wake of his Anti-Law/ anti-NDAA release of Terrorists to the Enemy Camp

Bottom Line... Obama's actions today are not accidental... he has a definite purpose in sowing chaos...& the Qatar fallout will be more than a tiny-blip on the geo-political screen in the days to come
edit on th30140210060406232014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

What's the matter...................none of you all seen the rabbit-hole directly ahead which is much more than just freeing terror agents from Gitmo
edit on th30140210107506312014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'll say no, He's just a Democrat, we all know how the big posters here at ATS hate the left so I'll just say good job at the flag and star farming

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join