It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for ATS - Has Obama Gone 'Rogue' ??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

No
The whole US government has gone rogue.

Dem and Republicans alike.

More than a left/right Obama Issue.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObservingYou
Obama's probably a cloned puppet programmed to read his que screen and smile... a smile that never changes.

Exactly.

President cant do much without support from others.

More than just the president has gone rogue.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: NorEaster

Sure. He eats tiny white babies for breakfast too.

I wish you could provide a reliable source for that.

Although he has admitted to eating dogs.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
ROGUEBAMA is here.
I think even he has come to the conclusion that his two terms will be an utter failure and that his approval rating will never rise above 41%.
Now, for better or worse (probably worse) he's just looking to create some kind of legacy for himself.

No sitting President wants to be seen historically as more corrupt than Nixon...or more feckless than Carter.
edit on 5-6-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ever since Obama has been President he has been doing things that are not legal, but no one has the guts to stand up to him. The biggest examples are:
- forcing people to purchase Obamacare (made legal by Supreme Court deciding to call it a tax)
- said Obamacare bill being a tax legally had to start in the House, not the Senate
- Obama making constant changes to this questionably passed Obamacare tax just by giving speeches. Is that how laws are amended?
- Illegal boots on the ground war started by Obama in Libya (no congress approval)
- prisoner swap without congress notification

I think Obama (and his handlers) are testing how much dictatorship and illegal activity America and other elected officials will let him get away with. It's planned to start with small things and continually get larger and larger.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Obama (allegedly) committed a felony by aiding the Taliban

LOL.

It's hard to have a serious discussion when it is started off like this.

Besides, you know what answers you are fishing for, so why even bother trying to have an intellectual conversation about it?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Obama DID consult Congress on this situation. They've been talking about it for a while now. What's more, many Republicans who are now criticizing this move once backed it.

McCain, other Republicans called for Obama to get Bergdahl's release, then condemned it

In the clearest contradiction, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) told CNN’s Anderson Cooper in February that he “would be inclined to support” “an exchange of prisoners for our American fighting man,” like the one Taliban officials had offered in 2012. He has since labeled Obama’s deal “ill-founded” and a “mistake.” [...]

Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK) — the ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee — has also said that the U.S. “must make every effort to bring this captured soldier home to his family.” But appearing on Fox News just days after Bergdahl’s release, Inhofe criticized the administration for agreeing to free “people who have killed Americans, people who are the brain power of Taliban.”
Several Republicans also celebrated Bergdahl's release on Twitter, only to delete those tweets as the issue became politicized.

I think the Right is trying to get revenge for the whole Sarah Palin Gone Rogue thing. It sure seems to be a popular talking point.

GOP Urged White House To 'Do All It Can' To Get Bowe Bergdahl

But prior to Bergdahl's release, Republican lawmakers were some of the sergeant's biggest advocates, and repeatedly pressed the administration to do something -- in fact, everything within its power -- to get him returned to the United States.
McCAIN: Well, at that time the proposal was that they would release -- Taliban, some of them really hard-core, particularly five really hard-core Taliban leaders, as a confidence-building measure. Now this idea is for an exchange of prisoners for our American fighting man.

I would be inclined to support such a thing depending on a lot of the details.

Did Obama give 30-days notice? No.

The White House agreed that actions were taken in spite of legal requirements and cited "unique and exigent circumstances" as justification.

Is this "going rogue"? By the definition of the word that I'm aware of, no.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
From your link:

I would be inclined to support such a thing depending on a lot of the details.

Senator McCain didn't get any details about this swap before it happened, so how could it be said that he supported it beforehand?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
It's hard to have a serious discussion when it is started off like this.

Only for you.

Obama (allegedly) committed a felony by aiding the Taliban.
That's what is alleged. And it's clear that I said ALLEGEDLY.
It IS intelligent conversation. Deal with it.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The people who could do something about it are afraid of him.

Remember he has the NSA,CIA,FBI,IRS etc at his beck and tush kissing call and they will find out anything for him and tell him anything

Everyone has dirt, if not themselves, then relatives they care about - note Roberts supreme court decision on O'care - had to be protecting someone to make that decision against everything he previously did and said.\

Obama will keep the dirty power until the letters decide enough is enough - that is what happened to Sessions FBI director under Clinton (he was a friend of my fathers who told him the truth of what happened) - said no to digging dirt - was fired for "taking his wife along on a business trip" - when the whole Clinton clan even took Bubba on their official trips.

Obama is dirty as the day is long when it comes to underhanded dirt digging, he even out dug the Clintons - quite a feat

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
When even Johnathan Turley says that Obama is treading dangerously, then there are certainly issues...

www.ijreview.com...

edit on 6/5/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I'm going to say, "No".

Obama doesn't live in a bubble, if he is subverting the rule of law, then he has willing accomplices. So if you are going to ask if Obama has gone rogue, then the better question is, "Has our government gone rogue"?

Going rogue is going against conventional thinking. Our government has not (for quite some time) followed the wishes and will of the people.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Obama DID consult Congress on this situation.

Dianne Feinstein:

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the California Democrat who chairs the Senate Intelligence Committee, told reporters Tuesday that she got a call from the White House apologizing for not letting Congress know about its exchange of Taliban prisoners for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, a prisoner of Afghan rebels since 2009.

“It’s very disappointing that there was not a level of trust to justify alerting us to that,” Feinstein said. “I had a call from the White House last night, from (Deputy National Security Adviser) Tony Blinken, apologizing for it.”

blog.sfgate.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

No, I don't think so.

Obama is doing precisely what his neocon string pullers tell him to do.
The taxpayers and citizens have never actually been taken into consideration in American politics.

It's always been about the money, PR, and deception and corruption.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Obama GOING ROUGE:

img.photobucket.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
He messed up at this point right here rense.com...

He held a foreign office whilst he was president, which in fact violates article 1 section 9 of the constitution. No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State. www.shmoop.com...

The treason is there already.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yep and nope. Rogue much like other presidents, but this one... Obama... he does it in your face and without regret.. and has raised the bar a bit on doing outrageous things with a smile and WITH IMPUNITY. He is so hubris filled and narcissistic I expected no less from him, but what is shocking ( considering Im a little older and have lived through a few presidents) is what and how he refuses to follow law and protocol. He seems to have a free pass. A few might grouse and complain about Obama to appeal to their party and voting base, but they do squat about violations. He isnt a god, he is just an arrogant man with a lot of power supporting, backing and guiding him. Rogue? The whole damned government has gone rogue...

When our government ( this administration under Obama) allowed the UN to command our troops... THATS when I knew it was over, personally. Going "rogue" is just another step. The people of this country have no outrage or backbone anymore. If you speak our against Obama youre a Neocon or racist. Gee.. and they smack talk Russia and Putin about groupthink demands...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
1.) Yes - ONLY because americans are allowing it.

2a.) Yes - because nothing is being done about it.

2b.) Yes - its the NEW american way.

The real question is:

How far are americans willing to go. . . in order to reign in their 'rogue' govt?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica

1.) Yes - ONLY because americans are allowing it.

2a.) Yes - because nothing is being done about it.

2b.) Yes - its the NEW american way.

The real question is:

How far are americans willing to go. . . in order to reign in their 'rogue' govt?

Im sure that exact question has been tossed around a hell of a lot among the Govt. Im also sure the answer has continually been : theyre so apathetic, if we trickle it in and acclimate them... the American public wont do squat.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

No
The whole US government has gone rogue.

Dem and Republicans alike.

More than a left/right Obama Issue.

I have to side with your point of view.

Since 9/11, the U.S. govt has gone off the deep-end. Both foreign & domestic.

Sadly, it seems that the only change has been coming from - once trusted govt 'employees' who turned whistleblower and from other countries exposing the secretive actions of the U.S. govt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join