It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for ATS - Has Obama Gone 'Rogue' ??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Has Obama gone rogue? Or is this just a case of a self professed 'Constitutional Lawyer' not understanding what he's supposed to be doing? Obama (allegedly) committed a felony by aiding the Taliban and he broke the very law he himself signed - notification of congress.

1st question - Can Obama be considered as 'going rogue'.

2nd question - Is it okay for a POTUS to 'go rogue' if he/she wants to get something done and can't? Is it a good enough excuse to go around the checks and balances that are in place, and is not getting your way a good enough reason for a POTUS to break the law?

I ask the questions - you give your opinions.
Let's see what the truth is and what is hyperbole.

Rogue - (N) An unprincipled, deceitful, and unreliable person; a scoundrel or rascal.
(ADJ) Vicious and solitary.

Washington Post - When a President Goes Rogue

Obama did not comply with the law requiring presidents to notify Congress 30 days before such exchanges of prisoners at Guantanamo. Politico can be cited about this not because among the media it is exceptionally, well, understanding of Obama’s exuberant notion of executive latitude but because it is not. Politico headlined a story on his noncompliance with the law “Obama May Finally Be Going Rogue on Gitmo.” It said Obama’s “assertive” act “defied Congress” — Congress, not the rule of law — in order “to get that process [of closing the prison at Guantanamo] moving.” It sent “a clear message” that “Obama is now willing to wield his executive powers to get the job done.” Or, as used to be said in extenuation of strong leaders, “to make the trains run on time.”

The 44th president, channeling — not for the first time — the 37th (in his post-impeachment conversation with David Frost), may say: “When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal.” Already the administration says events dictated a speed that precluded complying with the law.

This explanation should be accorded open-minded, but not empty-minded, consideration. It should be considered in light of the fact that as the Veterans Affairs debacle continued, Obama went to Afghanistan to hug some troops, then completed the terrorists-for-Bergdahl transaction. And in light of the fact that Obama waged a seven-month military intervention in Libya’s civil war without complying with the law (the War Powers Resolution) that requires presidents to terminate within 60 to 90 days a military action not authorized or subsequently approved by Congress.

Obamas buddy Eric Holder signed off on this ... so I guess that makes it okay ??
Politico - Obama Goes Rogue on GITMO

The president defied Congress over the weekend, ignoring a 30-day notice rule required by law to greenlight the transfer to Qatar of five alleged members of the Taliban held at Guantánamo in exchange for the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl in Afghanistan.

National Security Adviser Susan Rice said the Justice Department and the Pentagon signed off on skipping the legally required notification. Still, that move didn’t sit well with some Republicans — with criticism of the swap only growing louder in the days since, particularly as reports resurfaced that Bergdahl may have voluntarily walked off his base unarmed in 2009.

Digital Journal - Has Obama Gone Rogue on Democrats Too

Veteran Democrat senators and rookie candidates alike are questioning the legality of Mr. Obama's release of the five top terrorists at Guantánamo in return for a soldier alleged to be a deserter by soldiers who served with him. Congress was not consulted by the President for approval according to law.

Daily Mail UK - Rubio: Obama Has Gone Rogue

- Lawmakers are upset with President Barack Obama for going around their back to get Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl released.
- The president violated a law requiring him to give Congress 30 days notice before releasing prisoners from Guantanamo Bay, Republicans say
- 'He completely ignored it. He's gone rogue,' Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio told MailOnline
- The White House has since apologized for the 'oversight'

Charges of 'Obama going Rogue' aren't new -
Washington Times - NAPOLITANO: The Obama Administration has Gone Rogue

Last weekend, a team of Navy SEALs kidnapped a Libyan, Abu Anas al-Libi, off of a public street in Tripoli. The Navy men did not have a warrant for his arrest, did not have the permission of the local authorities or the Libyan government to carry out this kidnapping, and were unlawfully present bearing arms in public in Libya. Many of al-Libi’s alleged accomplices already had been arrested, prosecuted and convicted in the United States. The U.S. could have sought his extradition, as it did with some of them, had President Obama not bombed the American-friendly government of Col. Moammar Gadhafi out of existence, without a congressional declaration of war.

It borders on the ridiculous for Mr. Kerry to profess fidelity to the rule of law when this criminal gambit was anything but. Fact: We are not at war with Libya. Fact: We cannot lawfully — under international law, American law or Libyan law — engage in law enforcement or offensive operations in Libya without the express consent of the local and national authorities. Fact: As a defendant in federal court in the 2nd Circuit, al-Libi must be brought to a federal judge in New York City within 48 hours of his arrest.

What kind of government seeks venues in which it can break the law? One that has forgotten that every time Mr. Bush made his extraterritorial argument to the Supreme Court, it was rejected. Wherever the American government goes and whatever it does, it remains subject to the confines of the Constitution.

edit on 6/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: punctuation

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I was under the impression that he had technically gone rogue a long time ago, but, yes, this certainly does seem to seal the deal.

The fun part is that we probably have him for at least another 2 years or so unless the Republicans or Independents get massive gains in Congress this fall and impeach him, or some of the Democrats grow enough guts to stop towing the party line on him.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
All POTUS went Rouge sooner or later,including Nixon who bombed the heck outta Cambodia,Reagan who swapped arms for hostages (IRAN CONTRA),needless to say Bush 1 & 2, Obama is no more rouge than his predecessors.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Obama's probably a cloned puppet programmed to read his que screen and smile... a smile that never changes.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
All POTUS went Rouge sooner or later, ..

Sure.
So I take it your answer is ... yes, Obama has 'gone rogue'?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
"Already the administration says events dictated a speed that precluded complying with the law. "

I have to try that next time I'm in traffic court.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
#1- Yes.
#2- No, and no.

Question #3: Will anything be done about it?

NO.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Not if you ask his corporate puppet masters. He's doing exactly what he's
told. Obama is not in charge and he never was. He's just a figurehead
for everyone to focus their hate on and the real powers running
this government can remain in the shadows like always.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Has Obama gone Rogue?

Nah...

I could not resit, ill find my way out on my own ty

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Question #3: Will anything be done about it?

NO.

I probably should have added that as a third question. I agree with you. Nothing will be done about it. Already the lawmakers are shaking their fists at him saying 'if you do it again we'll start talking about impeachment' WTH?? If he does it again? What about THIS time?? What a bunch of losers. Seriously ...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ObservingYou

Now, if we could just get rid of those lizards.... XD

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
No he is following his commands just as Bush did as you can see by following the plan in Syria and Iran. They are a bit behind schedule but they are doing exactly what they where told to do. If you mean he is rouge according to the will of the people then you are right that he never was created to serve the US citizens but neither was Bush.

Planned in 2001?

1 CIA pushes a protest movement that can be shown off in media as seeking Democracy.
2 Saudi Arabia sends in the Wahhabi terrorist mercenary cells.
3 US attack with their military to bring down the Dictatorship.
4 Change in country for a more Petrodollar friendly regime controlled by the IMF who loans out money to rebuild the damage in the country. This is where the real money is made by the true masters of Obama (the bankers).

Rinse and repeat in another country.

Only in Ukraine they did not send in the Wahhabi. The used national Nazis instead. But this time the bear got angry and took back Crimea. Still waiting for the retaliation on Saudi Arabia for the Wahhabi (KSA) terror attack in Russia.

www.presstv.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

That's PressTV. Any chance you can find that information elsewhere?
If you can, please post it as backup. PressTV isn't reliable. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Sure. He eats tiny white babies for breakfast too. Yes Yes. Whatever you say he's done, yes - he did it and he'll keep on doing it.

You need to stop posting about it and start doing something about it. Get your gun and save our democracy!!

I don't know who you're going to have to target, since the military and the cops all work for Obama even while being heroes, but it's in your hands now my son. Only you can save us from this monster. Only you can prevent our way of life from being corrupted by this vile malignancy that seeks to subvert truth, justice and our American freedom.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

ATS search "The Obama Deception" threads from one ago...Alex Jones documentary.

Why do you forget he promised to follow TPTB orders in exchange for being appointed instead of Hilliary.

All answers to his behavior, actions stem from that secret meeting in 2008...never forget.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I'm with Allen West on this matter. In his words he said:

President Obama used an Article 2 signing statement to deem unconstitutional a measure HE had signed into law contained in the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). The law stated that he must advise Congress within 30 days about any plans to transfer detainees from GITMO. Obama basically stated that this was “unconstitutional” and that his unilateral action fell within his purview. Once again Obama used selective discretion as to what law he feels he must adhere to — in this case it has severe ramifications for our national security.
Read more at allenwestrepublic.com...

I certainly cannot say it better. Obama used a signing statement in order to further his power.

This man is off the rails, and we need rid of someone who tries to determine which laws apply to him and when. Especially in consideration that his administration stated publicly that they would adhere to the law less than a year prior when they signed it into law!

In 2008 Obama said signing statements used to further presidential power was unconstitutional and that he would not use signing statements as a means to get around congress, yet now... he has done just that!

We're not going to use signing statements as a way of doing an end-run around Congress," then-Senator Obama said as a presidential candidate in 2008.

Link to video

We need rid of this two faced liar who aids the enemy at every turn! He and his administration is no longer working in the best interest of the American citizens!

As for my answer, yes, Obama has gone rogue. We cannot afford him in office for even one more day!
edit on 5-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NorEaster

1st question - Can Obama be considered as 'going rogue'.

2nd question - Is it okay for a POTUS to 'go rogue' if he/she wants to get something done and can't? Is it a good enough excuse to go around the checks and balances that are in place, and is not getting your way a good enough reason for a POTUS to break the law?
edit on 6/5/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorEaster
Sure. He eats tiny white babies for breakfast too. Yes Yes. Whatever you say he's done, yes - he did it and he'll keep on doing it.

You need to stop posting about it and start doing something about it. Get your gun and save our democracy!!

I don't know who you're going to have to target, since the military and the cops all work for Obama even while being heroes, but it's in your hands now my son. Only you can save us from this monster. Only you can prevent our way of life from being corrupted by this vile malignancy that seeks to subvert truth, justice and our American freedom.

Posts like this annoy me. Who says the OP isn't doing more. # off.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Even Obama said #2 is unconstitutional ... video in my above post. Therefore, in the words of the president, his own actions are clearly in violation of the constitution!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: LittleByLittle

That's PressTV. Any chance you can find that information elsewhere?
If you can, please post it as backup. PressTV isn't reliable. Thanks.

Not sure if this is more reliable.

en.alalam.ir...

21stcenturywire.com...

www.infowars.com...

They really do want that gas line thru Syria to Europe.
edit on 5-6-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join