It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: Expert: Massive WMD Attack Inevitable

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
ZipDot, I trust your in a position to better assist this threat by knowing this in your work.. I agree to some extent that efforts are in place to review those threats, at the same time, they can't see/realize all... it holds true for allots of us.

Red G... Monies have nouthing to do with what this man was trying to express, it was the fact that it was a way of expressing his discontent of how we exist. Not all of us have it good, I'm blessed to have what I do, I pray every night for those that are in grief, sorrow,hunger. Without recorse, a this time.

I want to go back to what I wish to know from those that are, or in a position to see what might be not right in the way of a questionable few!
Your location, what caused you to consider a concern. Activity at the gates of our Airports for those that are departing for whatever reasons, and all other Locations/Site/Events... I can't even attempt to cover all of life's moments... just trying to assist in knowing whats going on around us, if it helps, were better for it

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
jessemole
ok it useing the monies comparason was a way to exspress him self. But might he have also used that to exspress support for the people who want to destroy us? Or does he want to see us destroyed because we have built a prosperous country based on freedom?

Zip
I do truely hop you are right about the Gov takeing all the threats seriously. But if I felt that was the case, then they should have been able to stop the origional attacks.

As to the bunsiss man who sold out. I do fear he knows what might be comeing. I supose all I can say is I hope the Gov knows what he knows, and I hope he was not supporting the people who are doing what ever it is.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
In many of the warnings Al Qaida has given, they have told other muslims to get to "safe areas". Was this store owner influenced by these statements? I don't know, but I don't think so. Then again I never met him.

Perhaps the guy was just catching way too much crap from some people, and felt that he might be safer if he had a less high profile position in the community.

I used to live right down the street from a mom & pop grocery, that was owned and operated by some Iraqis. They were Caldean? christian, and had left Iraq many years ago. They hated Saddam, but said that they disagreed with the US war to remove him.

I don't live anywhere near that place anymore, so I have no idea how they are getting along, but I would not be surprised if they were to sell out to get away from some of the less enlightened people in the neighborhood.

Just my opinion, but I don't think you can tie someone selling their grocery store with a foreknowledge of a planned attack.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well I have noticed something strange about my local Middle Eastern convienece / gas station attendent in the last week or so. I am a regular to the Sunrise mart and speak to him on a regulary basis. The last few days I have noticed he has had a hard time looking me in the face when he speaks to me. In the past we have always made eye contact while conversating but now he seems like he is hiding something or knows something and dosent have the nads to look me in the eyes anymore.

I also recently became aware that my town holds the key to the Eastern seaboards communications satellites. All communications route through our hub as it is the main hub for all communications for the eastern seaboard. Something also occured a bit odd too my neighbors and myself. There are 3 gas stations positioned within a half mile radius of the satellite center all owned by these middle eastern men. For ha ha's we took a drive to each station to see if there was a direct view of the satelite center from each of the gas stations, well we found that if someone had an RPG and walked behind anyone of these gas stations they would be able to directly hit the satelite station. Also within the last six months each of these stations have installed propane filling stations, which to me I found very odd because I have never came across a gas station were you are able to get your propane tank filled. I know this all sound like we are a little bit paranoid but logically think about what has took place, the people involved and what is possibly being planned, take out our communications, blow up the gas stations with the propane and you have nothing to track. and besides, why cant some I thought to be a friend for the past couple of years all of a sudden seem so distant.

just my thoughts..

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hum...
There have been a number of stories in the last month or so of stolen propane tanks, and a concern that they may be used in an attack. And let's not forget about the missing tanker in New Jersey.

I don't want you to give away your location if you don't want to, but the stolen tanker truck in might be in your area.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
In many of the warnings Al Qaida has given, they have told other muslims to get to "safe areas". Was this store owner influenced by these statements? I don't know, but I don't think so. Then again I never met him.

Perhaps the guy was just catching way too much crap from some people, and felt that he might be safer if he had a less high profile position in the community.

I used to live right down the street from a mom & pop grocery, that was owned and operated by some Iraqis. They were Caldean? christian, and had left Iraq many years ago. They hated Saddam, but said that they disagreed with the US war to remove him.

I don't live anywhere near that place anymore, so I have no idea how they are getting along, but I would not be surprised if they were to sell out to get away from some of the less enlightened people in the neighborhood.

Just my opinion, but I don't think you can tie someone selling their grocery store with a foreknowledge of a planned attack.

Phreak...This guy had a store in a very affluent area and was making a killing...he had recently just expanded as well...he was well-liked.

Now he is gone, without a trace.

I am not a spring chicken. I am troubled by this turn of events.

moxy.

[edit on 2-12-2004 by moxyone]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I am troubled by the chain of events also. And in responce to a previous post, when the unthinkable happens, I dont really think other free countries will come to our aid. And again, I wonder what our Gov, what ever is left of it, will do in return.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Also within the last six months each of these stations have installed propane filling stations, which to me I found very odd because I have never came across a gas station were you are able to get your propane tank filled.
just my thoughts..

Many gas stations in my small town in Virginia do the propane tank thing. Perhaps more are getting into the business, because with the high prices, there's more room for profit margin.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Not being able to look you in your eyes again... I'm alarm by that as well, it means for me, that at one time we connected, now we don't??? Why? It's to late to ask them, their gone!
Again, to realize a difference in your area of those that would offer in tad of concern, continue to share it here. For those that still can, consult with those that may have our same concern.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Questions.

1. What is a "terrorism expert"?

2. How does one gain expertise in terrorism and such qualifications?

3. Is it the right thing to do, along with all the crap that the Dept of so called Homeland Security has done... to use snippets of information and to proceed to conjecture about how such things as a massive "WMD" attack will be perpetrated?

4. Why would any reasonable person accept the argument that this is "inevitable"?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Questions.

1. What is a "terrorism expert"?

2. How does one gain expertise in terrorism and such qualifications?

3. Is it the right thing to do, along with all the crap that the Dept of so called Homeland Security has done... to use snippets of information and to proceed to conjecture about how such things as a massive "WMD" attack will be perpetrated?

4. Why would any reasonable person accept the argument that this is "inevitable"?

1. Someone who has ready a book on terrorism, and feels as if they could have done it better.

2. Same as answer 1

3. Is it right...? Probably not. In the weak-minded I am sure it only stirs up the fear that some people would like to use against them. Should they continue the conjecture? Perhaps. If it is all taken with a grain of salt, it does not hurt to consider the possibilities.

4. I am of the mindset that just about everything is inevitable. It's inevitable that someone will read this and disagree with me. It's just as possible that someone will read this and agree with me. I guess I just have a bit of a metaphysical outlook on life that everyting is possible, it all just depends on the descions you make.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'm English and Live in London and have lived with terrorism for a long time from the likes of the former IRA.

In fact the Bishopsgate Bomb that totaly devistated a whole block of London's financial district was as damaging as most terrorist attacks may be.

I have to say that no one has to live in fear!!

That is what the terrorist wants!!

We should all carry on with our lives and stop worrying ourselves about things that may or may not happen.

The truth is that from time to time Evil things happen and that is bad but nothing anyone can do can stop it.

Here in England our govenment is trying to force on us an ID card!! I hate this idea along with most of the populas. We don't like it because it is an infringment on our freedoms!!

America is supposed to be the land of the free... but in reality it has been the cause of the biggest recall of Human freedoms the western world has every experienced.

My advice to the USA Govenment..... Get over your anger and your thirst for revenge.... Grow Up and Take the Rough with the Smooth. Your Country and Culture is sooooo young... (just 200 years)

Other cultures have alot of experince of tyriny and USA should look to learn from these cultures.

Most of all I would like to express my deepest condolences to anyone who has suffered injustice wether it be at the hand of terrorists or at the hand of a western soldure acting on corrupt orders.

All the best people,

P.S. Always remember life is all we have and we choose to enjoy and be happy or be sad and loose.

Those who do not have a choice we have to pity and help.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If or when obl decides to stop taunting the US and do something other than make threats then why would he nuke the US as im sure the The powers that be that are running the place would then show the world true shock and awe as they level iran,pakistan and syria. or give them a choice hand over all terriost's inside your borders or face the might of a pissed of us miltary.

As for the aftermath of a nuke attack, im sure the rest of the world would bend over backwards to help out the US as if their ecomney goes belly up then so does the world ecomney, an attack of that scale on the us would not only effect the US but the entire world.

As if a terrisot can get one nuke into the US considering that it's easier to try and break into the white house then get anything past US custom latley, (i know im regular vistor to the US my dad lives in San fran, and have spent a good part of my life in the us. one trip post 9/11 i forgot to take my zippo lighter out my pocket and caused hell at the airport when i went through a metal dector and all the alarms went off.)

i hope and pray they we are all being paranoid and reading too much into this warning. but the rumours of suitcase nukes and missing nukes from russia have been around a while, adn as they saying goes theirs no smoke without fire.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
There are allot of opinions this tread has created.. each not lacking of a concern.. rather it be a voice that indicates we are over reacting, or not looking close enough. Consider if you will, we each have a chance to express this, and take from this conversation more insight to view what may not be obvious to all of us.
There is a much more powerful force that is working against us, the better we understand now, we will continue to breath the same clean air to find a resolve. Short of this, whats the point?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I was just about to rest my case until this... ALERT! At Least Four Bombs Detonate in Madrid.

It appears no one was watching.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't really see how this is relevant to this thread.

The bombings in Madrid have all the hallmarks of ETA. A call was placed to warn of the attacks before hand. No WMD appears to have been used in this attack.

While the Madrid bombings certainly aren't a good thing, it certainly doesn't appear to be Al Qaida.

There are many radical groups out there that wish to harm others. ETA has a political goal to their attacks.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Relevent, Maybe not, regarding WMD. However it only proves how easy it is for those that wish to get their point across. I guess the size of the bang does'nt matter regardless of where it is! Its working don't you think?
Again, Where, How, When? The next one might not be as big, But I don't think so.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
JayJay,
I agree, if and when the next atack happens it will afect the whole world, and I do think there will be a counter strike. Just dont know how large. But I just dont really think the other free nations of the world will do to much to help us afterwords. I do hope you are right that they will. But perhaps I have groan a little synical as well as paranoid this last decade or so.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Except for World NetDaily, are there any other news sources for the "American Hiroshima " story.I have not been able to collaborate this idea. Also ,Is there any truth to the idea that former Spetnaz agents are helping Bin-Laden find nuclear Weapons cached in the US during the Cold war?

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Yes, they are in the thread under the same title...
there are several sources of the same info, but it is still mainly speculation...
as is any info we get this early in the investigation...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join