It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: Expert: Massive WMD Attack Inevitable

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
In a recent interview with the Jerusalem Post, noted terrorism expert, and expert on Al Qaida, Yossef Bodansky, stated that he believes a massive terrorist attack on the United States involving Weapons of Mass Destruction was inevitable. Bodansky, like many other experts believe that Al Qaida has everything in place for such a strike, and are awaiting the right opportunity.

www.worldnetdaily.com
"All of the warnings we have today indicate that a major strike something more horrible than anything we've seen before is all but inevitable," said Yossef Bodansky, former director of the U.S. Congressional Task Force on Terrorism and Unconventional Warfare, in an interview yesterday with the Jerusalem Post.

Bodansky said "the primary option" for the next al-Qaida attack on American soil would be to employ weapons of mass destruction.

"I do not have a crystal ball, but this is what all the available evidence tells us; e will have a bang," Bodansky told the Post, adding al-Qaida is "tying up the knots" for an attack.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Here we have yet another story warning us that the US will be hit again by Al Qaida, and that this time it seems as if it will be much worse. It is quite logical that if Al Qaida is to attack the US Homeland again, they will want it to be bigger and badder then the last time.

All the experts fear, and are pointing to signs, that Al Qaida has made preperations for a "bigger and badder" strike on America. Only now the motivation for such a strike has changed. No longer are they threatening to strike us to punish our government for it's actions, they now are threatening to strike us for the actions of the citizens of the US by supporting a government that takes such actions around the world.

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think they will try to take out the Super Bowl.

80,000 people in attendance.

1 million in the surrounding area. (including me)

Aircraft carrier and nuclear sub base nearby.

severe mental trauma to the estimated 1 billion people that watch it.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I saw that article as well on worldnetdaily. Was going to report on it yesterday, but chose not to. I have checked into some of their stories, and made a personal decision to eliminate that site as a source, due to potential credibility issues. Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
I think they will try to take out the Super Bowl.

80,000 people in attendance.

1 million in the surrounding area. (including me)

Aircraft carrier and nuclear sub base nearby.

severe mental trauma to the estimated 1 billion people that watch it.

My god that is exactly my first though, if they are going to do such a damage they will wait where is a lot of people together.

God forbid.

But if Al-queda has nuclear bombs, where did it got it from?

I tell you what I do not trust Pakistan and its radical groups, US has been to friendly to them lately.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have never thought that a major event would be a target. There's simply too much security around them. Unless you're going for a WMD attack NEAR a major event with an intention toward prevailing winds bringing the chem/bio/nuclear fallout over the major event...that would make sense.

I think a major power disruption would kill thousands. If you take out enough (after seeing this summer's blackouts, enough is probably three) links in each sub-grid's area, the sub-grid collapses and brings down a larger area. Repeat the process nationwide and you've got weeks without power in the middle of the winter. Believe it or not, that'll kill thousands. Water purification plants, medicine production facilities, medical facilities, the internet...it all goes dark. Then we shiver.

TPL

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
To be honest i doubt there'll be any attack on the US mainland in the near future (i.e. years).

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I didn't mention that this year's Super Bowl is in Jacksonville. The stadium is right on the St. John's river...a bomb on a boat could be sped in and set off, regardless of security, as many pleasure craft and several cruise ships will be nearby.

Earlier this year, the FBI was looking into a peculiar event that happened at a Jax Beach marina. A middle-eastern type, very well-dressed, rented a boat and also asked many questions concerning the bridges in dowtown JAX (where the stadium is located).

One must realize that a powerful bomb need not be right next to the area where people congregate...it could go off 1/4 mile away and still devastate the entire area.

I hope I'm just paranoid. Thanks ATS.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I do hate to say that I think we all saw this comeing at some point. Should this horrible even happen, I can help but wonder who will we target for revenge? It is dificult to tell where it might have come from, it seems to me the revenge strike would be little more then a guess.
It does sound like the supper bowl is a target that is being planned, again I do hope we are all wrong. But I do not feel they are targeting the public because of the re election. They targeted the public early on and will always target the public.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
I didn't mention that this year's Super Bowl is in Jacksonville. The stadium is right on the St. John's river...a bomb on a boat could be sped in and set off, regardless of security, as many pleasure craft and several cruise ships will be nearby.

I hope I'm just paranoid. Thanks ATS.

My brother has tickets to the super bowl, this year, he is from Jacksonville, I am very worry about this, he was asking my husband if he wanted to go.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
*Yawn* How many stories like this have we heard so far? I think I've lost count. Everybody knows that a terrorist attack is around the corner, everyone knows that were going to be nuked, and now some dude is just as sure were going to get hit with some WMD. For all these supposed events that have yet to happen I'm sure somewhere someone will get it right eventually, and not because they have good intel but because if you keep pulling the trigger when playing russian roulette you will eventually get that live round.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's not impossible to attack the superbowl. All you really have to do is get a helicopter and land during the game in the field or take a small airplane and try landing in the field. It's possible that a terrorist could do this if they were fast enough. With a bit of speed it's possible, also it's not nessesary to land, just explode above the field.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Consider the source. Jerusalem Post.

Just more neggers trying to influence and peddle fear.

A bomb will go off, doesn't take an expert to see that.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It would seem to me that if al Qaeda wanted to fly below radar the most effective way would be to have numerous small scale attacks that would do more to rattle people's nerves. In the case of 9/11, the impact was immediate and strong in terms of fear and anxiety, but within a relatively short time people were thinking about terrorism in the same way they think of airplane crashes, automobile accidents and lightening strikes.

If a dozen suicide bombers, hit a dozen flea markets on the same day and if a week later a dozen schools were attacked and a week after that a dozen corporate headquarters, they could kill only a few dozen people and the impact of the attacks would be immense as the ordinary would become dangerous and all the effort put into airline safety would appear to be an excerise in futility.

But, don't forget, there is an airliner and pilot unaccounted for which has popped up reregistered and converted into a fuel tanker and has again disappeared. That ought to keep everyone on their toes.

[edit on 04/11/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So what do we do? Wait for it to happen?
BTW does anyone know if the president and his "team" are taking this threat more seriously?

ks

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I am actually reading "Osama Bin Laden: The Man Who Declared War On America" right now by Yossef Bodansky.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
When,Where and How, this will always be the question from these reports.
There have been allot of discussions here on ATS already. But now what has change sinse Tom Ridge has decided he no longer wants his position to secure our Nations ( but were safer he said) Has open the door for me to ask why the exit now? (is the worst to come and I don't want to part of the blame for not preventing it) Hmmm, that could be his thought or not.
Man, I wish I could get a Goverment job... I could do a half ass job, resign, and still get paid with benefits, and walk away thinking I did a good thing.
Well folks, I'd like to suggest again to keep your eyes open, keep lookout on strange activity and report what you see to us on this site and others.
I'd to bring this up as well, I have notice a few business that closed up shop without prior notice of their entent ( they being a certain ethnic group)
One day there the next gone! Why such a fast exit, maybe they have a warning and doing something about it... things that make you go hmmm.
I think so !

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
way back when; after thr breakup of the soviet union, bin laden hired 2000 unemployed russian nuclear physicists to work on getting more bang from less plutonium. Too, over 80 of the 40 Kilogram, 1 megaton briefcases are missing from the old arsenal......I'd say; beware of the subway tunnels under times square in nyc around christmas. For Starters. Things were set into motion long before 9/11.
thanks go out to Bergthora

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
One final note, many of you debated the veracity of John Titor.

I myself found it interesting, but discounted the story as fiction.

One thing did bother me, though, in his dialogue, Tito states " I still remember when the nuke exploded in Jacksonville"...

out of all the cities in the US, why would he have picked that one?

Site of this year's Super Bowl...Jacksonville, Florida.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson

Oh, that's lovely!
May i suggest a minor change to your username...Justanotherracist.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

Originally posted by Justanotherperson

Oh, that's lovely!
May i suggest a minor change to your username...Justanotherracist.

I made the assumption that "neggers" was nothing more than a term for "negative thinkers", rather than a mis-spelt term for the dark skinned of the world

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join