It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The missing arctic glaciers on google earth. What else might they be hiding?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
How Stuff Works

Other explorers searched for a river system leading through North America. The St. Lawrence River-Great Lakes system was explored in the hope of finding westward links to the Pacific Ocean. Samuel Hearne's overland trip to the Arctic Ocean, 1770–72, proved that no strait or river led from Hudson Bay to a western ocean. As a result of the overland journeys to the Pacific by Alexander Mackenzie (1792–93) and Lewis and Clark (1804–06) it became obvious that the only location for a northwest passage would have to be in the far north of Canada.

edit on 8-6-2014 by tetra50 because: tmi

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
oh well, i tried to insert a map, but couldn't do it. However, the passage doesn't go through Lake Superior from the maps I'm looking at, so I'm not sure what the response to my post was about.
edit on 8-6-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
You know that is a good point. They're intensions could be maybe to melt/break all the ice to get at those resources, meanwhile convincing us that it is all our fault. Then they create new products for us to satisfy our guilt and make them in china for pennies on the dollar, out of the oil and precious metals that came from the arctic. Could that possibly be the sinister goal of facilities such as HAARP?

That's where my mind went with that. The ice still being in lake superior could be a sign of just that. Aren't they supposedly closing down HAARP. If I were a scientist with sinister intentions, I would sure want to get my worth out of time spent there. A final jolt before they send in the icebreakers.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: HiMyNameIsCal

It's possible. Still possible the ice is really there, too. Think about the money, and more importantly, the control they can wield when using "global warning" as a weapon. At this point, it's all speculation for most, though, because not many can afford to travel to such locations.

Yes, HAARP is supposedly shutting down, for, I believe, some other sort of system. Can't imagine they'd just stop completely. If it's all "just research", surely a lot of scientists would be happy to use grant money to rent the facility.

When something is hidden, though, the reason doesn't tend to be good!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The simple answer is that most imaging satellites don't cover the high arctic, it is harder to get good imagery. The high resolution stuff (eg Svalbard) is, as always for really high res stuff, aerial rather than satellite.

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
so pretty much all waterborne ice has been removed to show coastline instead.

Waterborne ice?

As opposed to what?

posted on Jul, 14 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

As opposed to ice on land.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join