It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It doesn�t get any better than America

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Sorry intrepid, but the notion that the American healthcare system operates on the contingency of ability to pay is patently false. The magnitude of any given healthcare providers write-off on receivables is alarming, there is no gate keeping in regards to medicine.

Having not needed medical services in the States I can only go on what I hear from Americans and this is the first I've heard that this is the case. Even on TV I see the insurance companies flogging their wares, "Buy us, so that you don't get nailed by huge unexpected medical bills".

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
[is this like you hinting at something or being serios here?
if its the first one i have noticed your views in other threads.
if its the second then dont accept it because no matter how unexciteing the post may be its about how useful it is. if it backs your point or points then its game.

No...I don't give a crap about points hehehe
The thing is, I often post my opinion and it's like I post nothing and someone told me that I'm always saying the same thing...I'm always for "everybody in harmony in the world" and members say, "get real ...." but I can't say the opposite, I'm really like that, I really love everybody
THat's it.... thank you

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by Frosty
The hammer and sickle represented the first peasant-worker state in history. Today is represents the oppresion and misery these peasant-workers went through from having to see the ARA leave because Lenin though it was plot to overthrow the state, to Lenin and Stalin's conspiracies of Wesetern-Zionist-Capitalist who wanted to ovethrow the state (just an excuse to shoot people in the head), from when Stalin enacted his Five Years Plan, to the defeat in Afghanistan, to outrages spending to keep up with US spending.

not really.
under lennin it was not a comunist state it was a dictatorship country.

No, Communism is the form of economy, dictatorship is the form of government. Either way, I never said it was Communist,though it was very pseudo-Commy, enough to call it a Commy state if you will. Commyism accounts for the economic system not the government. And well, Trotsky, Lenin, and Stalin were banking their revolutionary efforts on bringing to the forfront the first peasant-worker state in history, which they accomplished.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Americans are the most generous people in the world---partly because they have the most money----because Capitalism creates lots of good paying jobs and opportunities.

The benefactors are the people who live in Left-wing countries, whose economies are devastated because they don�t have Capitalism---So Capitalist Americans send millions of dollars in cash and food aid to hundreds of countries so that those people living in "Left-wing utopias" don�t starve to death.

The world should be thanking us not condemning us.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by sleeper]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper

The benefactors are the people who live in Left-wing countries, whose economies are devastated because they don�t have Capitalism---So Capitalist Americans send millions of dollars in cash and food aid to hundreds of countries so that those people living in "Left-wing utopias" don�t starve to death.

America should START helping his OWN population
Most of the population is POOR...Why spend billions in stoopid wars when they could spend this money helping poor people in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the worst of the worst....

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I watched "dirty pretty things" last night....

It was about a bunch of illegal immigrant working in the black market, sweat shops, hotel's, ect... They wanted to make enough money to move to America.
It was made in london by miramax and I think it said bbc at the beginning..

Anyway, you feel pathos when you watch the movie. You can't help but to feel for these people who are working so hard to try and flee their own countries because of religious prosecution or poverty and the likes...

Two of them were trying to save money so that they could move to nyc, I guess thats where it's all at...

The way they look at America I can see why they would think it doesn't get any better then america... They don't have to worry about being prosecuted, or slaughtered in a genocide, they don't have to worry about living in poverty once their here, they get apply for amnesty, h1b visas, refugee status, ect and start a fresh life, work hard and actually get somewhere...

Face it, America is still the land of opportunity it's up to YOU make your dreams come true... And you can do that without fear of the above happening...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
America should START helping his OWN population
Most of the population is POOR...Why spend billions in stoopid wars when they could spend this money helping poor people in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the worst of the worst....

America has agencies of every kind in every city to help anyone who wants it.

If you can't afford training for a job you can get it free!

Anyone can get money to start their own business!

Thousands of people started businesses on a shoe-string

America does have one major problem---lots of spoil people who do nothing to help themselves----and for sure no one else.

Those who can't take care of themselves are taken care of.

Those who can take care of themselves but don�t want to are taken care of by the taxpayer, with free food, housing, medical, dental---we even wipe their butts if need be.

However there is no antidote to laziness, and those who live off the taxpayer can't live like a CEO.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Like I've said earlier in this thread. Loving and being proud of one's country is fine and good.

But this thread has gone way beyond ridiculous in the portrayal of the US as the one and only country with a real democracy, the only place where people receive proper medical care etc. etc. etc.

How is such ignorance even possible in this 'information age'?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
Like I've said earlier in this thread. Loving and being proud of one's country is fine and good.

But this thread has gone way beyond ridiculous in the portrayal of the US as the one and only country with a real democracy, the only place where people receive proper medical care etc. etc. etc.

How is such ignorance even possible in this 'information age'?

From your post so far you are in my humble opinion the number one expert of everything ignorant---but then I don't want to exaggerate your intelligence.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

From your post so far you are in my humble opinion the number one expert of everything ignorant---but then I don't want to exaggerate your intelligence.

Keep 'em coming, kid.
Still no rational argument to support your views?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

Keep 'em coming, kid.
Still no rational argument to support your views?

With all the stuff I have already given you I can only conclude that you must be writing a book on the marvels of American Capitalism. You might be smarter than I give you credit for.

Donate the proceeds to all your poor friends----Oh, I almost forgot, if you truly are of the left---you people believe it is better to receive than to give. Well, then do what the left does best with other people�s money---squander it.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

With all the stuff I have already given you I can only conclude that you must be writing a book on the marvels of American Capitalism. You might be smarter than I give you credit for.

With the 'stuff' you have given? L-M-F-A-O. You know, 'stuff' is actually quite a fitting description. One may also call it glorifying propaganda-like rambling. But hey, to each his own.

So again, any rational reasoning supporting your views you'd like to share?

Here's an idea. Why don't you start by simply going through the posts in this very thread - questioning your reasoning - and come back with some proper replies?

Deny ignorance, sleeper. You may have to stay awake while doing so, but it'll be good for you.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by Durden]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
There is no antidote to laziness, and those who live off the taxpayer can't live like a CEO. The left has a hard time with that fact.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Many of our "American Pride" friends attack liberals or "the left" because they attack America, saying how bad our education system is, how our economy is crumbling, etc.

The right's argument is this, "If you don't like it why don't you move to Iraq huh? People are dying to get in here!"

And that's exactly the left's point. If people are dying to get into America, why not make it "the land of dreams" it really could be? I can't stand liberals who do nothing but complain yet offer no realistic options, and I can't stand conservatives who do nothing but shoot down the ideals of the left and wave their little flags while turning a blind eye to corruption.

So basically, Durder and sleeper, you guys need to stop bickering, because at the end of it, neither of you are going to win with 1 line combacks and attacks on the other's views.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Thanks for your post, Scat. But please don't label me a 'leftist' who is attacking the economy or the education system of the US, as this in no way represents my views or what I have said.

[edit on 5-12-2004 by Durden]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
I watched "dirty pretty things" last night....

It was about a bunch of illegal immigrant working in the black market, sweat shops, hotel's, ect... They wanted to make enough money to move to America.
It was made in london by miramax and I think it said bbc at the beginning..

Anyway, you feel pathos when you watch the movie. You can't help but to feel for these people who are working so hard to try and flee their own countries because of religious prosecution or poverty and the likes...

Two of them were trying to save money so that they could move to nyc, I guess thats where it's all at...

The way they look at America I can see why they would think it doesn't get any better then america... They don't have to worry about being prosecuted, or slaughtered in a genocide, they don't have to worry about living in poverty once their here, they get apply for amnesty, h1b visas, refugee status, ect and start a fresh life, work hard and actually get somewhere...

Face it, America is still the land of opportunity it's up to YOU make your dreams come true... And you can do that without fear of the above happening...

Exactly, America provides the opportunity for those willing to take advantage of it, something that can�t be found in most countries. Even in Western countries like, Europe and Canada, starting a business is a monumental task (cutting through all the bureaucracy) that few succeed.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Even in Western countries like, Europe and Canada, starting a business is a monumental task (cutting through all the bureaucracy) that few succeed.

Are you calling Europe a country now?
Why don't you share this insight of yours as to the bureaucracy found in other countries. And so as to avoid any tedious generalizations, please provide specifics on more countries than say one or two.

[edit on 5-12-2004 by Durden]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figjam
this is way too funny! You guys THINK that the USof A os the best place to live, but us Aussies know better. Of all the places I've been & lived, I have to say honestly that nothing compares to the Land Down-under....Australia!! We're not called the Lucky Country for nothing. AND we are as advanced as any western society on this planet......even more so in some cases. But don't let me shatter your illusions, you keep on thinking USA is the best place to be & we'll keep our little piece of heaven to ourselves!

Absoflogginlutely.

As an Aussie who has lived in other countries and whose family has visited various parts of the US, I'll take Oz any day.

What's your public healthcare system like? What's your public education system like? What are your unemployment benefits like? What's your democracy like?

The US is the safest nation on earth? Canada is safer, Switzerland is safer. Australia is safer and New Zealand is far safer. Their last gun massacre was decades ago. Their only terrorist attack was on a Greenpeace ship and it wasn't terrorism, it was a state-ordered hit.

My favourite recent addition to the English language is "go postal". Where'd that come from and why?

How many countries compete in the World Series?

At least when we win the Cricket World Cup or the Rugby World Cup a decent chunk of the world is playing.

No matter how far I roam, I still call Australia home.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I don't know anything at all about John Howard and I don't know anyone else who does either. I'd like to help Australia with it's gun rights issues, but I have my hands full here.

If you are not already, you should join a firearms rights organization like the National Rifle Association so that over time you can get legislation or even Constitutional protection for your rights to keep and bear arms.

No thanks Grady, we don't need that kind of help. I grew up around guns all my life and have a seriously healthy respect for them. Most Yanks clearly don't. How many people died from gunshot wounds last year in the US? How many in Oz?

I'd say it's been biting you in the arse for years. It won't be coming to bite us again.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people".
Such a stupid thing to say.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   

There is no limit to what Americas can do

Except become President.

All Americans have health care (the best in the world)---in some case way to much of it.

Really, public and affordable is it?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join