It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Google Glass Equipped Guns Can Shoot Around Corners

page: 1

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:32 PM
Wow! This really reminds me of the 1984 movie starring Tom Selleck and Gene Simmons called RUNAWAY. In this movie there is a gun that shoots bullets that follow you until they hit you. Here's the trailer:

“Wearable technology allows for accurate shots from around corners, from unsupported positions, behind the back, to the side and over barricades,” a TrackingPoint video released on Wednesday claims. Snipers looking to pull off some no-look shots will have to wait. The ShotView app for Google Glass is not available to the public yet, unlike Google Glass itself, which is now being sold to anybody who wants to fork over at least $1,500 for the wearable device.

Now, there's a real version which works when equipped with Google Glass. Isn't it funny that whenever there's a new technology developed, developers find a way to weaponize it? When 3-D printers came online, a 3-D printed gun was one of the first things developed. Now this. Must humans find new ways to wipe each other out. What is that about, ATS?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:42 PM
a reply to: lostbook

The app may be able to "zero" a target that would otherwise not fall into line of sight, but how do the bullets defy physics?

I'm assuming that there would have to be special "guided ammo", not unlike our current missile tech?

I'd like to read more . . . do you have a link for the source?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:46 PM
i think from the aritcle i read (looking for it now) that the gun links the scope to the google glasses, its some what like the corner shot system but a bit more civilian orientated ,i dont think it has guided bullets thats a different rifle google glass gun sight coner shot system self guided gun with self adujusting bullets in theory

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:57 PM
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

That answers my questions thanks . . .

I'm familiar with the corner shot. This doesn't appear to be anything like that. It seems it's just a camera system linked to the scope so you can see without putting yourself in the line of sight.

That's a little different than "shooting around corners" . . . the shot is still going to travel in a straight line. I realize the quote provided is not quite accurate (or maybe just a bit of hyperbole).

The shooter would still have to "cover" . . . it's just that he will see what his sights are on through the glasses.

Very good picture of what this would look like as part of the engadget article.

Now . . . they just need to work on the "guided bullets" and we can really be in "Runaway" territory!

edit on 6/5/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:40 AM
a reply to: lostbook

This seems more akin to some sort of Universal Soldier type of situation, than anything else. The use of google glass, or any wearable, modifiable technology, was always going to result in some sort of link between a person and their firearm.

In fact, the possibilities presented by google glass and similar technologies, in terms of being utilised as part of a defense tech package, are pretty comprehensive. I can see people developing rangefinder software for precision shooting purposes, thermal and night vision adaptor apps or add on devices, threat identifier software, or even a combined heads up package consisting of all of the above and more.

The tactical advantages that are possible with something like this are enormous. Although the google glass technology has been developed for civilian use, they could be utilised in any number of ways, for all manner of purposes.

new topics

top topics