It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoke Free During Five Hour Road Trip!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Used my E Cig in the car today and lasted the whole trip.

Baby Steps.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Now if we can just go five hours without a bathroom break... Hhmmm
edit on 4-6-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Great that its working

Have you done any research on whether people become addicted to the e-cigy? Just wondering whether to try it myself!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
Used my E Cig in the car today and lasted the whole trip.

Baby Steps.

Awesome OP!!! Any steps are better than NO steps! You can do it if you stick with it!

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Great that its working

Have you done any research on whether people become addicted to the e-cigy? Just wondering whether to try it myself!

A lot of the ejuice you get does contain nicotine in it, so by that logic... You can become addicted to them like cigarettes. Even so, you are still omitting around 5,000 other toxic chemicals and poisons from your life just by switching to an ecig regardless if you stop or not.

You can get ejuice with no nicotine in it. A lot of people step down their nicotine until they are at 0. You can stop vaping at that point or continue on if you just enjoy doing it.

Just becoming addicted to the act of vaping itself with no nicotine? Somebody probably has, but I do not know of any.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

E-Juice!
Is that something to drink? Tried chewing some baccy once, it was disgusting

edit on 4-6-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

E-Juice!
Is that something to drink? Tried chewing some baccy once, it was disgusting

It's the juice you use in the refillable ecigs. I tried chewing tobacco one time too... I was as green as the hulk and sick as a dog for 2 days.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

E- juice as kanga said can contain nicotine, therefore, it can be addictive. Now, the benefit of the e-cig is that not only omit all the various carcinogens, but you can also get the same juice in varying levels of nicotine. This allows you to ween yourself off of the nicotine, and eventually off of smoking all together! Or you could always just use the 0 nicotine stuff like i do, for tricks :-)

PLUS, the stuff tastes soooo good, depending on the flavor.... they have various flavors in pretty much anything you can think of. They even have one that's Marry Jane flavored.. XD (strictly the smell and flavor, the effects would obviously be illegal)
edit on 4-6-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I tried my daughters E-cig.....It sucked. It did not seem to increase my ability to think at all like cigarettes do. something seems weird, I smoke to think better, there is something major missing in those E-cigs.

I would rather have that chemical that is missing than the nicotine. Of course though, they don't want us to be able to think better. Nicotine is not the only nootropic in a cigarette.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I would rather be addicted to that than regular cigarettes.

For the first time ever I've noticed occasionally having trouble breathing.

It's time to quit. I am tired of it, the cost, the smell, my husband, mother, and daughter bitching at me....

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I tried my daughters E-cig.....It sucked. It did not seem to increase my ability to think at all like cigarettes do. something seems weird, I smoke to think better, there is something major missing in those E-cigs.

I would rather have that chemical that is missing than the nicotine. Of course though, they don't want us to be able to think better. Nicotine is not the only nootropic in a cigarette.

Did she have a convenience store type or a legit vape set up?

That made all the difference in the world. I really enjoy mine and it's working better now that I went up to the 18mg nic liquid.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Nice job..before you know it you will start filling your ecigs with flavored vapor and skip the tobacco taste entirely...good on you

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

I would rather be addicted to that than regular cigarettes.

For the first time ever I've noticed occasionally having trouble breathing.

It's time to quit. I am tired of it, the cost, the smell, my husband, mother, and daughter bitching at me....

Be strong I did it, It only took 6 times. For some time I was bitched at so much I started to look like one. They didn't have e-cigs when I quit I had the help of the patch. It made it a lot easier. I started at 15 and quit at 46, they say it is worse than trying to stop heroin, at least thats what a ex addict told me he quit both.

Interestingly the only time I want one now and it's been 10 years is after mowing the yard, after the smell of fresh cut grass I always want one. If this weak old man can do it, you can do it standing on your head. Thell the family bitching only creates stress and we both know what that does.... I NEED A SMOKE!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm down to two packs a week. Tobacco is a bitch to kick. I jog a couple of miles three times a week. I am noticing the toll this habit has taken.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Be strong I did it, It only took 6 times. For some time I was bitched at so much I started to look like one. They didn't have e-cigs when I quit I had the help of the patch. It made it a lot easier. I started at 15 and quit at 46.

Thank you for the inspiration. I started a bit later than you, and I haven't quite reached 46 but I am not far off. Your story just reminds me that it can be done.

And well done to you lovebeck both for making the effort and for the result!!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Five hours? Big whoop. I've been smoke free for 21,288 hours give or take. That two and a half years. No e cigs no patches, no gum. No substitutes for a bad habit will allow you to conquer those bad habits. It just switches your focus to something else. Like heroin addicts taking methadone. I bit the bullet and quit cold turkey after smoking for 40 years.
It was even a new years resolution. The first I ever made and I've kept it since New Years day 2012. I will say this. You have to really want to do it. I'd gotten to the point where the smell was getting to me. When I talked to a smoker I kept thinking God that stinks. Then I stopped smoking in my house then in my car then I gave them all up. I worked with smokers and the owner smoked and allowed smoking in his building even though he sold carpet and the smell got into all of it.

Hang in there all who are looking to quit. I can attest to the improved breathing which was almost immediate. I also got back my singing voice which I had attributed to age but was lost due to smoking. Then one day a few months after I quit I was singing to the radio and noticed that I was hitting notes I haven't hit in a long time. I had always loved singing and this was a lovely added bonus.
edit on AM000000300000000662330302014-06-05T09:30:19-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AM000000300000000662311302014-06-05T10:11:45-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Congratulations, man. You did it on the same day as my father, except for that he went cold turkey. Now, for both of your sakes, I hope that you last. You can do it.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
When my youngest was 15 he asked me to quit. I told him I would on new years. A year later I was still smoking and was having a coughing fit and he just gave me the saddest look. I lost my mom to emphysima. She simply was unable to quit. I didn't want to disappoint my son. I didn't want to die young and leave behind a saddened family. I made the promise a second time and was able to keep it.
Those people who bitch at you... They love you and don't want to see you die
The saddest moment of my life was walking behind my mother's casket down the center aisle of the church and taking my brothers hand while the tears ran down my face.please don't put your family through that. You have the chance to prevent that.
When I looked at my babies sad face that was all the motivation I needed.
eply to: lovebeck

edit on AMu30u0662359302014-06-05T09:59:12-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Congratulations.
Another way to look at the bitching is to realize these people are saying hey I love you. Please don't leave me by dying an early death. a reply to: MarlinGrace

edit on AMu30u0662307302014-06-05T10:07:52-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join