It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi Confronted By Teen Reporter On NSA - “Why do you support the NSA’s illegal and ubiquitous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Pelosi Confronted By Teen Reporter On NSA - “Why do you support the NSA’s illegal and ubiquitous data collection?”

Finally, a reporter asks House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) some tough questions. Unfortunately, this reporter is a teenager from the YouTube "TeenTake" and not someone from the Capitol Hill press corps.

When Andrew Demeter asked Pelosi, “Why do you support the NSA’s illegal and ubiquitous data collection?” she had a bit of a "deer in the headlights" look on her face.

“Well I, I do not, I have questions about the metadata collection that they were, uh, collecting,” Pelosi stammered in response.

Click link for remainder of article...

Does she always make a beeping sound when she backs up like that?

Props to the individuals who not only asked her the question but followed up by pointing out she funded the NSA.

The Pièce de résistance of the entire exchange...

We are in 2014..
Obama has been in office since 2008...
Pelosi.. wait for it.... blames Bush.

The only thing they should have added was when the question was asked they should have given her the option of which one of her 2 faces she would like to answer the question with.
edit on 4-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The stuttering and stammering ... for the life of me!!!

How do we have politicians like her representing the people?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Reporters in Washington are in the Club, so Pelosi and most of the others never expect honest and direct questions like this. The youngster should get the Pulitizer Prize (only half kidding). I do not know what is wrong with journalists who put their career ahead of - their career.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I can't stand Pelosi, one bit; however, I don't see what the fuss is over this . . . other than the kid had the gumption to question her on her stance.

Yes, it caught her off guard and Pelosi has shown repeatedly that (like most politicians) has a hard time when not delivering a prepared statement. She did say she doesn't support the program and has had serious talks with the NSA directors (whether you believe her or not), which should be the response from all members of congress.

But, the kid also couldn't distinguish between the illegal program and the dept. So much so, he thought he found a "gotcha" question about her voting to fund the NSA and asserted that the very dept. violates the 4th. You know he thought he was "smart" because he couldn't help but smile while asking the question.

Unfortunately, she answered that question correctly as well. The NSA doesn't violate the 4th by simply existing. The domestic program they are running did, though. And she was right about the NSA holding other important functions within the intelligence community that have nothing to do with the collection program.

Now . . . this doesn't change my very low opinion of Pelosi. Some, myself included, might even think she is being untruthful about supporting the collection program.

This being a conspiracy site, we all know (going back to Eschelon days) that the NSA is front and center of many of the "big brother" conspiracies. So, any support of the NSA is generally considered taboo.

edit on 6/4/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
The stuttering and stammering ... for the life of me!!!

How do we have politicians like her representing the people?

Her district is San Francisco California so I think the question on how she keeps getting elected has already been answered.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Reporters in Washington are in the Club, so Pelosi and most of the others never expect honest and direct questions like this. The youngster should get the Pulitizer Prize (only half kidding). I do not know what is wrong with journalists who put their career ahead of - their career.

You raise an interesting point, which was somewhat addressed in the old TV show The West Wing.

We have people in office destroying our future (kids). Maybe there should be a push to get kids involved if for no other reason than to force politicians to realize they are their constituents as well.

Its on thing to get called out from someone your age.

Its a whole new level when you not only get called out by young adults, your answer is challenged by those young adults with actual facts.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: solomons path

Fair point... however -

Its one thing to make the statements Pelosi did however instead of addressing the concerns she blamed Bush. If you are going to be asked a direct question that is based on your own voting record, don't blame someone else.

As for the NSA budget I disagree since Congress has in the past removed funding from agencies who were misusing their authority. Secondly, and I have made this statements often, finding a problem does not fix the problem. I have not seen Pelosi introducing legislation, calling for an investigation or hearings to show the NSA the action wont be tolerated.

She even made the point she had issues with Hayden.

Again, telling us what you have issues with is not telling us why you have done nothing to resolve the problem.

Blaming Bush... really?

The program has been up and going for many years under the Democrats and they saw fit to look the other way.... Up to the point things went south. Then its Bush's fault.

That's not taking responsibility... Its ring and run.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Just tell the truth. They do not represent you. Nor, are they in charge.

Who ever funds their campaigns are the decision makers.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Voter fraud. Electronic voting machines with no way to audit results and now, known innumerable backdoors by not only our government, but others? Priceless.

San Francisco is not that important. Even the San Franciscans, are not so happy about metadata collection. Silicon Valley's profit margins are in dire straights now. Same with all cloud based services.

We laughed at the whole "purple" thumb for those voting the first time. Maybe they are on to something.

Clearly, the way we count and verify votes needs to be modernized with maximum transparency.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

Then why does San Francisco keep sending her back to Washington instead of sending her packing.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Oops . . . I must have missed or not heard the part about Bush. I'll agree that is ridiculous.

Pelosi has no skills whatsoever, nor any sense of responsibility. I used to live in the Bay Area, so I'm all too familiar with Pelosi and Feinstein's incompetence.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Xcathdra, I know you are smart. I've read your posts, and I agree with a good deal what you say. But, why did you disregard voter fraud?

Is San Francisco immune to it? No. In fact, you should now be concerned. Can you, decisively prove any electronic device is not compromised?

Again, no. That kids questions included things like electronic voting machines.

edit on 4-6-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2014 by Not Authorized because: Rushed last sentence

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

I focused on her answer to the NSA question and the follow up question.

I didn't disregard anything else.

I pointed out the fact that the bulk of our representatives have absolutely no idea of what is going on, and don't care so long as they get to fly around and use taxpayer money as a slush fund.

How could we expect Pelosi to be taken seriously on any other topic if she cant honestly answer a question from these young adults? Ask her about voter fraud and im sure she would blame that on Bush as well. Its like Sen. Schumer out of New York. At one of his press conferences a few years back he was asked a question about the government. His response was to educate the media on our government structure - At which point he said the 3 branches of government are the President, the House and the Senate.

That is the problem - They want to blame instead of fixing it. they don't want to fix it because they benefit from it.

edit on 5-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Billy Madison - Ultimate Insult (Academic Decathl…: youtu.be...
Don't know how to embed from my phone, hope the link works.
The link is good and it is a good way to sum up Nancy Pelosi's response to the questions from the young man.
edit on 5060000006 by JHumm because: to add the last comment

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Billy Madison - Ultimate Insult (Academic Decathl…: youtu.be...
Don't know how to embed from my phone, hope the link works.
The link is good and it is a good way to sum up Nancy Pelosi's response to the questions from the young man.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You can find discussion here www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 041121230641612th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

My bad.. I missed it.

Mods please lock.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
See existing thread.

Locked.

Thanks xcathdra for the alert.

new topics

top topics