It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Reorientation 7: We are not connected

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
We are not Connected.

The idea that we are all connected is a fundamental assumption of the more superficial spiritual systems, but not an actual state of affairs. Our actuality and our holistic state has boundaries that are connected to no other beings. There is no magical bridge stretching between our bodies which serves as some sort of fundamental function of reality. In reality, we are particulars, while what is universal is only ever found in our thoughts and discourse. We are only connected in our stories and narratives, the chain with many links, but never is a chain of such loftiness found outside our minds. Our umbilical cords have long since been cut, and any notion that posits some sort of universal connection between us, whether it be the holy ghost, a soul, a substance, a consciousness, through which we are all connected, as if we were mere links in a great chain of being, or waves in a great sea, belongs to fantasy.

What do these so-called “connections” really amount to? The new age idea of a “connection” is simply an association between separate ideas, and in no way connotes any actual contact. Comparative religious studies, where devout researchers try to link old ideas in order to form some new generalization of them, perhaps a new religion even, is simply hindsight and an abstract comparison of history for the sake of formulating a new one. It is taking old ideas and exaggerating them. It is searching for similarities in different ideas without ever accounting for their differences, and inventing a connection where there is none. As with all human thought, a unifying ideal is presupposed, that the reason people can get along, or fall in love, is that there is a mystical force through which we are connected. This sort of “connection”, of course, is only ever an abstract association, with no real intelligibility outside our own physiology.

If we look at it with discerning eyes, every time someone says they feel connected or in some way attached, perhaps in love or participating in a collective consciousness or group think moment, they are only ever dealing with their own feelings in the face of their own experiences, how they associate themselves with various aspects of their experience, of which they are always the exact center of. “Feeling a connection” is simply feeling, with never a connection or link present. No one is entitled to any connection by simply being there, for no matter how hard we imagine a connection between us and another, never is a connection made. In order to associate with someone else, we must first associate with them, and this necessarily involves more than the idea that we are all connected.

In order for us to be connected to another, that other must also be connected to us. But as can be shown, one may feel a connection with another, while the other is completely void of any similar feelings. One can even deceive another into believing that they are loved, perhaps due to nefarious motivations, but the “love” or “connection”, still nonetheless reciprocal in appearance, is merely a charade, seducing one into a false idea of connection, the same false idea everyone speaks about through empty wisdom, despite there never being any “connection” there in the first place.

People today believe we are connected on some fundamental level, that we all “share” in the experience, in nature, in reality, as if it is a pie we can cut up into pieces and pass around to each other. Maybe we can say we “share” common DNA or bodily functions or abilities, and we can have the same ideas, notions etc., but we do not actually share the exact same of these DNA, functions, abilities and ideas by virtue of the fact that we are not the exact same being. There are mountains and oceans between us. Your ideas, DNA, body, language, feelings are yours and yours alone. They are not connected to anything else besides itself, and outside the ideas produced by minds that seek convenience over reality, they are all different.

Maybe we are all connected insofar as we have all been classified by members of a certain species, or that we all live on one planet, or that we are all subject to the natural forces of our universe, connected by electromagnetic radiation and gravity and energy. These declarations, however, only ever permit a connection within the conceptual framework of the language they are spoken within, and never display an actual connection between two human beings. Phenomenologically, by using these terms we are discussing regularities, and not necessities.

Association and connection is always hindsight and thought, the same stuff dreams and fantasy are made of, or when used correctly and within the restraints of reasonable contexts, useful tools for prediction and understanding and explanatory power. But in spirituality it leads to an egoless altruism, becoming selfless at the expense of self, forgetting oneself for no other reason beyond a sort of delusion. Rather, we are altruistic and selfless by our own sheer will, because not only they, but we benefit.

The idea that we are all connected reduces us to will-less and deterministic automatons of supernatural forces, even though one can easily resist the allure of such self-entitlement, or even go against it entirely. “Love me because you must”. No. We will love who we choose, not who we are told to. We love by our own power and connect to who we wish, with no substance but ourselves guiding us to do so.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

The idea that we are all connected reduces us to will-less and deterministic automatons of supernatural forces, even though one can easily resist the allure of such self-entitlement, or even go against it entirely. “Love me because you must”. No. We will love who we choose, not who we are told to. We love by our own power and connect to who we wish, with no substance but ourselves guiding us to do so.

Is this the inevitable outcome of feeling connected?
edit on 4-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
On some Part's, You may be Right! If one is only relating only to People. Really though, I do wonder if at times most of the stuff, ideas, and held thought's throughout time is just an Idea!

Then there is the Something that comes along and has you Look Into One's so called Facts storied in One's Mind from time to time. It seem that theres a basic Need to be connected in some way. One could say it Holds it together or its just some Idea floating around being a Lie told from long ago.

I would like to say; "If your Human, do help another out from time to time!" Yet why leave out the rest of Everything? Like that bug in your sink, who could use a lift or that cat who comes around needing some water. Now a days, everything other then Human is concidered an inconvenence!

Where do Human's think every other Life Forms gonna go? Take the Honey Bee, it does not need Us! Yet without that Little Guy flying around doing what it is they do. Everything would end up starving!

So there is a Connection, we as Humans just don't Pay Attention nor care too! So Caught up into Lies from so long ago; Who can say what actually does Exist?

Peace

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism
Been waiting for your thread. I happen to agree, mostly. However, I think we live in a situation where much is currently simulated, including artificially symbolic connections, in order to connect what shouldn't be, to foment more madness, mayhem, and, well, blame….afterwards.
Thanks for a good thread.
Tetra50

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You are in for one # of a shock in the future. One # of a shock.

and any notion that posits some sort of universal connection between us, whether it be the holy ghost, a soul, a substance, a consciousness, through which we are all connected, as if we were mere links in a great chain of being, or waves in a great sea, belongs to fantasy

The very future of mankind as a stellar travelling race depend on the global grasping of a single truth: As a globe, as one specie, as one race, our combined power of thought on one problem at one moment as 'one brain', together, produces the break through needed for mankinds survival.

It is the power to utilise this that a sleeping dreamer can pluck from the energetic soup of consciousness the information needed to succeed where all else failed.

Billions of us, all at once, 'sleep on that problem'.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astr0
You are in for one # of a shock in the future. One # of a shock.

and any notion that posits some sort of universal connection between us, whether it be the holy ghost, a soul, a substance, a consciousness, through which we are all connected, as if we were mere links in a great chain of being, or waves in a great sea, belongs to fantasy

The very future of mankind as a stellar travelling race depend on the global grasping of a single truth: As a globe, as one specie, as one race, our combined power of thought on one problem at one moment as 'one brain', together, produces the break through needed for mankinds survival.

It is the power to utilise this that a sleeping dreamer can pluck from the energetic soup of consciousness the information needed to succeed where all else failed.

Billions of us, all at once, 'sleep on that problem'.

I was gonna go back and edit my response the the OP's, but then I read your's…..and it raised all sorts of questions for me.

See, first, I agree that we are, in fact, being and have been connected, for better or worse, through artificial means…., and that this has totally usurped our will, privacy and consciousness. For once that is done, mechanically, technologically, then to create a reality which is deterministic through consciousness, all that has to be done then, is some evil gremlin or two piping in whatever they wish……

If that be the case, should we be traveling and colonizing anything, until we've dealt with gremlins, entities, those energies which need us to manifest, if you accept my premise. For then, we're just spreading the disease, sort of like Bush saying we need to "spread freedom" in a situation which was/is anything but free?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
We are connected. We all share the same planet, solar system, galaxy, and universe don't we? We can communicate with one another can't we? If so, we are connected in some way. Saying we aren't in the face of those facts is like saying we aren't connected to the same internet and talking to one another right now.

If we both look at the moon, we are seeing the same moon. There's the connection right there, we are connected by the fact we live in the same general space and can communicate our thoughts and feelings to one another. You need a connection to talk to someone over the internet, the same goes for every day life as well.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
You are correct, for sure, and we need to see this to survive and better our predicament of survival: in other words, not just surviving but improving, for they don't mean the same.

Again, having read what you've written, I need to correct what I've written. For you are right, in a sense, and still not.
We are connected, hopefully, in our humanity, in our living through what we live through, but yet, discreet and separate, all at once. It is one of the true paradoxes of life.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I was gonna go back and edit my response the the OP's, but then I read your's…..and it raised all sorts of questions for me.

OK lets talk it through

See, first, I agree that we are, in fact, being and have been connected, for better or worse, through artificial means…., and that this has totally usurped our will, privacy and consciousness.

Only if you remain asleep at the wheel. Which is where you, yourself, your thoughts and inner control come into play.

For once that is done, mechanically, technologically, then to create a reality which is deterministic through consciousness, all that has to be done then, is some evil gremlin or two piping in whatever they wish……

If a single cancer cell drops into a dish of t 'killer cells', can it survive? no, because the cells are 'switched on' enough to recognise the threat and act before it can rampage through and cause disease. Humanities next great leap is actually spiritual, not physical.

If that be the case, should we be traveling and colonizing anything, until we've dealt with gremlins, entities, those energies which need us to manifest, if you accept my premise. For then, we're just spreading the disease, sort of like Bush saying we need to "spread freedom" in a situation which was/is anything but free?

There is hope for mankind yet. I fully accept your premise, and your 'Spread freedom' example is classical of 'mirror speak'.
The problem then would be 'how do we get an entire globe of human beings to sit down and share one single thought about one single subject in one single window of time when right now we cannot even get two countries to share water?

The answer? consciousness.

When the people realise that the 'dream world' can be manipulated to have vast swathes of mankind acting as an organic 'super computer' by men and machines, they will be at first horrified. Then, answers will be sought. 'can we cure this', 'can we build this', can we explore this'.

if a thought is focused upon, it is enacted upon not by the brain, but a separate energetic entity altogether. In that soup of consciousness the liar stands out bright red in a sea of gold.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Astr0

Applications of microwave technology in espionage were available for over 25 years. In a meeting in Berkeley of the American Association for the Advancement of Science as early as 1965, Professor J. Anthony Deutsch of New York University, provided an important segment of research in the field of memory control. In layman terms, Professor Deutsch indicated that the mind is a transmitter and if too much information is received, like too many vehicles on a crowded freeway, the brain ceases to transmit. The Professor indicated that an excess of acetyl choline in the brain can interfere with the memory process and control. He indicated excess amounts of acetyl choline can be artificially produced, through both the administration of drugs or through the use of radio waves. The process is called Electronic Dissolution of Memory (EDOM). The memory transmission can be stopped for as long as the radio signal continues.

As a result, the awareness of the person skips over those minutes during which he is subjected to the radio signal. Memory is distorted, and time-orientation is destroyed.

According to Lincoln Lawrence, author of Were We Controlled, EDOM is now operational. "There is already in use a small EDOM generator/transmitter which can be concealed on the body of the person. Contact with this person, a casual handshake or even just a touch, transmits a tiny electronic charge plus an ultra-sonic signal tone which for a short period will disturb the time-orientation of the person affected....it can be a potent weapon for hopelessly confusing evidence in the investigation of a crime."

and

Navy Captain Dr. Paul E. Taylor read a paper at the Air University Center for Aerospace Doctrine, Research and Education, at Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama. Dr. Taylor was responsible for the Navy's Radiation Laboratory and had been studying radiation effects on humans. In his paper, Dr. Taylor stated, "The ability of individuals to function (as soldiers) could be degraded to such a point that would be combat ineffective." The system was so sophisticated that it employed microwaves and millimeter waves and was transportable by a large truck.

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in the South Bay, are working on the development of a "brain bomb". A bomb could be dropped in the middle of a battlefield which would produce microwaves, incapacitating the minds of soldiers within a circumscribed area.

This is in response to your memory erasure comment to mine. Then, as to this, from you:

There is hope for mankind yet. I fully accept your premise, and your 'Spread freedom' example is classical of 'mirror speak'.
The problem then would be 'how do we get an entire globe of human beings to sit down and share one single thought about one single subject in one single window of time when right now we cannot even get two countries to share water?

When the people realise that the 'dream world' can be manipulated to have vast swathes of mankind acting as an organic 'super computer' by men and machines, they will be at first horrified. Then, answers will be sought. 'can we cure this', 'can we build this', can we explore this'.

if a thought is focused upon, it is enacted upon not by the brain, but a separate energetic entity altogether. In that soup of consciousness the liar stands out bright red in a sea of gold.

I want to know about the last you say there. Why would the "liar stand out bright red in a sea of gold?" So many technologies are in use today, such as what I quoted above, that figuring out whom is the liar and whom is not, gets really sticky…..

Not to mention, I have trouble with the "separate energetic entity altogether." Who is that, anyway? If anyone is influencing mass population through my nightmares, god help us all….that's all I have to say. I may be fighting the dragon any way I can, but the dragon always appears to win….

Thus, my comment, should we even be "spreading" anywhere the life we've become?
Thanks for your comments.
Oh, and how's George. LOL. Just a little humor there, as to your screenname.
edit on 4-6-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

We are connected. We all share the same planet, solar system, galaxy, and universe don't we? We can communicate with one another can't we? If so, we are connected in some way. Saying we aren't in the face of those facts is like saying we aren't connected to the same internet and talking to one another right now.

If we both look at the moon, we are seeing the same moon. There's the connection right there, we are connected by the fact we live in the same general space and can communicate our thoughts and feelings to one another. You need a connection to talk to someone over the internet, the same goes for every day life as well. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Being physically linked through physical means is a connection in a concrete sense. It is true, I am stepping upon the same planet that you are. But if the planet is a link between you and I, then there is an entire planet separating us.

Because we look at the same thing makes no connection or association between us. It is only when we think about it afterwords is any connection made, and by that point, the context is long gone.

If we were sharing the earth, the solar system, the galaxy, then where is my share? How much of the galaxy have you shared with anyone else? I imagine very little.

To connect with someone else, you have to put in the work. You can only share yourself, and that should suffice in all situations. For that, we must make sure that what we have to share is of actual worth.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
How do two computers communicate? By being connected together, if they were not connected then there would be no communication between the two. How can we (computers) be able to communicate with one another if there is no connection between us?

How is my phone able to communicate my thoughts onto someone else's computer screen halfway across the world? By being connected to the internet. The internet can be equated with consciousness, the thing that connects all bodies (computers) together.

Just because you can't see the connection doesn't mean it isn't there. The connection is not a physical one just as the internet is not physical. A phone connected to the internet via wifi is an example of a connection not being physically visible. The premise of this thread is flawed.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

However, I think we live in a situation where much is currently simulated, including artificially symbolic connections, in order to connect what shouldn't be, to foment more madness, mayhem, and, well, blame….afterwards. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I like your idea. We do connect nothings to nothings, in order to further disconnect the somethings from somethings.

I'll have to think about it.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

If we were sharing the earth, the solar system, the galaxy, then where is my share? How much of the galaxy have you shared with anyone else? I imagine very little. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I share a boatload of the planet, solar system, and galaxy with everyone. I'm only a tiny speck of dust within a huge dust storm. Whenever I move out of someone's way at the grocery store, I am sharing and giving that space to them.

How can two computers communicate with one another if there is no connection between the two?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Astr0

- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or, as the case may be, unconsciousness as well. If we were all unconscious, we would achieve the same affect. The answer, however, is an empty one within the context of the real world.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I share a boatload of the planet, solar system, and galaxy with everyone. I'm only a tiny speck of dust within a huge dust storm. Whenever I move out of someone's way at the grocery store, I am sharing and giving that space to them.

How can two computers communicate with one another if there is no connection between the two? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

You share only your own courtesy.

There is an actual concrete connection between computers. What I am speaking of is the abstract connections between human beings.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
we are only connected if we allow the connection, it can be blocked. The connection can be blocked by shunning the person also. This is not a new age concept, it goes back thousands of years....in almost all religions and in social groups and nations. It is called mindset, of a kind thinking, or collective consciousness. There are many other names for it, even the third eye addresses this communication.

Have you ever been thinking of someone then they call? Have you thought you should talk someone then meet them somewhere within an hour unexpectedly. Ever run into someone you were thinking of meeting at the entrance of a function at the same time?

Just because you do not think this communication of a kind exists does not mean it does not. Like I said, unless you shun a person, they are tied to your mind. When you think of them, your mind adjusts to the frequency of theirs, and through electrical waves flowing through the earth or through the moisture in the air you link up. How far can this go? Not far through the air, maybe ten miles give or take on a perfect day. We are influenced by the associations we make, even when we are not around the person this way...linked

Why do I think this is true? I guess because I analyzed most of the things that happened in my life and started to notice a pattern emerging. Where is my evidence....where is there evidence that this does not exist. Ask most older people if they think this is possible and it will usually trigger conversations about all the times it has happened to them. Ask yourself.....what caused them to remember those occasions, if they were not important, they would have not formed memories out of them. We remember very little of all the events in our life yet people have lot to say about this subject...ask someone older, but not someone with alzheimers.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Think of an orange balloon.

There's the abstract connection. I had an abstract thought then transferred it to your mind. How did that happen?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aphorism
a reply to: tetra50

However, I think we live in a situation where much is currently simulated, including artificially symbolic connections, in order to connect what shouldn't be, to foment more madness, mayhem, and, well, blame….afterwards. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I like your idea. We do connect nothings to nothings, in order to further disconnect the somethings from somethings.

I'll have to think about it.

You've written a great thread, and the subject was worth addressing and needed a good mind to do so. May I suggest, for more fascinating info on what you have touched on here, The Language of Vampyr thread…..for a lot of what is behind your OP is discussed, assimilated and investigated there….and IMHO not to the depth that it is there, on any other thread on this site. If you can get past the Forgotten Languages site, itself, and the interaction with ATS, then the discussion becomes about language, representation of consciousness, and altered states, and the act of altering those states, and how that affects representation with language, and vice versa…..and then we have depictions of reality, and how that may or may not be controlled with what I've described above.

But truly, that's another matter. For, what you say here:

We do connect nothings to nothings, in order to further disconnect the somethings from somethings.

Yes, we do. But this is a world-wide, I think, inculcating effort, with a specific goal….and though I'd like to believe the best, it isn't for the best, I think, but for destruction of the private, individual, human mind…..
For coalescence, as the Bible, our religions and our oligarchies, monarchies, and absolutely everything have been addressed to representing our humanity as evil, to justify our continued manipulation and control, vis a vis what I've already evidenced herein.

Thanks for the thread. Be well and safe.
Tetra

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Think of an orange balloon.

There's the abstract connection. I had an abstract thought then transferred it to your mind. How did that happen?

By writing and suggesting it on a computer. What does this prove?
And even if it is so, should it be?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join