It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier Bergdahl's Idaho hometown cancels rally amid backlash

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
How sure are you people that he defected. You who are critical about all things government. He certainly is not a hero, or honorable. But you have to be just as skeptical before you accept ANY of the labels that are put on these guys, whether its hero or traitor.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: tebyen
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Until he's had his day in court he shouldn't be tarred and feathered.

He was investigated by the Pentagon, and found to be a deserter a long time ago. What part of that don't you understand.

Today new information has been released that it was also the second time he's left his platoon. This time he made it to the Taliban he was attempting to meet with.

Bergdahl tarred and feathered himself, when he *chose* to leave his platoon on active duty in a war zone, and go to the enemy.

Des

So if the Pentagon suddenly made a public statement that they have done an investigation on "me" and said I am a traitor and deserter.... (eventhough I have never served with the US military or am a US citizen)...

Would you rush to believe that too, and call me names and threaten me..?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironclad2000

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: tebyen
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Until he's had his day in court he shouldn't be tarred and feathered.

He was investigated by the Pentagon, and found to be a deserter a long time ago. What part of that don't you understand.

Today new information has been released that it was also the second time he's left his platoon. This time he made it to the Taliban he was attempting to meet with.

Bergdahl tarred and feathered himself, when he *chose* to leave his platoon on active duty in a war zone, and go to the enemy.

Des

So if the Pentagon suddenly made a public statement that they have done an investigation on "me" and said I am a traitor and deserter.... (eventhough I have never served with the US military or am a US citizen)...

Would you rush to believe that too, and call me names and threaten me..?

Not a valid analogy. You never served, so they would have no reason to investigate you. You sound like mommy saying if Johnny jumped off a bridge would you jump too? Let's have an adult conversation, not play let's pretend.

The fact of the matter is...he did serve, did desert, was investigated. All your let's pretend won't change that.

Des

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: doclec

When his team leader and NCO comes on TV and says that he is a traitor. Well, that's a pretty big statement to be made by his leadership, and it isn't something an NCO just says if it isn't true.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Quite frankly I am tired of hearing these spin doctors quote the civilian interpretation of US law that an individual is innocent until proven guilty. This is true as the burden of proof is on the prosecution.
Not so under the UCMJ. One of the 1st things you learn in boot camp is to conduct yourself with honor and reliabilty and to hold yourself accountable. So guess who the burden of proof lays on when you have to go see the old man?
www.militarytriallawyers.com...

No. We leave no man behind. But for those of us who served HONORABLY (thus the distinction Honorably Discharged) this man is disgusting, submerged by his own perversion that he didn't agree with Americans killing and defending on the offensive so he walked off to the Taliban and decided to help calibrate the mortar strikes against the US. Yes this will come out. Also this man believes himself worthy of being a vindicater of justice. He abandoned the Western idea of rule of law and left and joined the Tribal side where everyman believes he is the sword of justice. Where is his remorse for the loss of American lives or isn't it strange that he only sees the Americans as aggressors and violators of humanity. His father has no bittersweet remorse either. His father is well aware of his heart as his is the same. Let his father live in an extremist Islamic tribal enclave the rest of the days of his life and let his son answer for his wrong doing by being held accountable for putting Americans in harm's way unnecessarily in an extraordinary way by forcing them to upkeep and HONOR our military traditions by braving the dark and deep to rescue a man over board in his mental faculties, costing lives to his debt and settling said debt by either taking his breathing life or taking his free life with a lifetime of hard labor in Ft. Leavenworth.

Edit: Further let me add Thank you to those who did and do serve with honor. Let us stand together against this man and his actions not only for our traditions handed to us by our fore fathers but also with integrity for the strength of our future and the future of our military might. To send a message to those who will serve with our children that will say "our forefathers did not tolerate this nor shall we. Our way of life is only as strong as our ability to defend it and our ability is only as strong as our unity."
edit on 7-6-2014 by sirjunlegun because: Thank you honorable vets.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join