It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier Bergdahl's Idaho hometown cancels rally amid backlash

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
One of the things I find silly in this whole mess ... Is the misconception people were killed trying to 'rescue' this deserter. They were looking for him to take him into custody.

Welcoming him home is synonymous with cheering for the enemy. WTF???

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Who said he wanted to come home....certainly not him....that I've heard of.

Des

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

You're right ... I think he was none too pleased with his 'release.' And, the guys who brought him to the repatriation site told him NOT to come back to Afghanistan. LOL

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

This whole story smells fishy

I agree!

Wheres the video that terrorists are famous for ?

Forced confessions saying how 'evil' America is ?

Anyone ?

I got it, Neo.. didn't he get a Carcano WITH the scope
for only $24.95? I think Wards had a sale that week...

I believe the PR disaster of the VA being further exacer-
mastured for bait here with Bergdahl as a frosting is
really becoming a visible Charlie Foxtrot for the incucumber.
edit on 4-6-2014 by derfreebie because: How many plays on words can you do in one edit? Let me count the ways...

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: Snarl

Who said he wanted to come home....certainly not him....that I've heard of.

Des

Agreed totally, Des.
"Dragged home to a hero's wel.." oh wait. There's a
really bad story here and it's all getting poured onto
the rapidly rotating prototype McCauley prop.
Like from Dago Red. God I love souped up Mustangs....
more ADHD over here
edit on 4-6-2014 by derfreebie because: Wingtips dippin up n down 8 inches idlin' cold ... I CRIED

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

BFFT...it goes to show, to me at least, how stupid this administration thinks, we the people of America, are.

I've been watching several MSM stations today, the unified word coming out of the WH is....they don't understand why we aren't celebrating a time of joy...

Unbelievable.....

Des

Guess the WH missed the interview with the soldiers who talked about losing fellow soldiers looking for this guys azz and want him to be court-martial and do not think of him as a Hero

Which brings me to the question.....WHY is he being called a hero anyway?
For what purpose?
What did he do that was so great to deserve that title?
Can't really say that it's because he was a prisoner for 5 years, not really, because technically, he was not a POW

Besides, hero's in my opinion are those who sacrifice themselves to help others
So, what did this guy sacrifice????
NOTHING!!

Oh wait....he did sacrifice other peoples lives who went to search for his azz when he decided to take off into the wild blue yonder and desert his post
No, that's not a hero
That's a deserter/traitor

edit on 4-6-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Watching the news now...the classified meeting with Congress just finished, their briefing on why this was done.

Those coming out of the meeting said they are NOT satisfied with the explanation from the WH. Plus, they got to see the *proof of life* vid the WH demanded from the Taliban before the transfer of the 5 Gitmo for 1 deserter. The interviews I've seen all said Bergdahl looked perfectly healthy, no distress....and they hope the vid will be declassified for us to see it too.

I predict this will get very ugly very fast.

Des

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

a reply to: snarky412

Watching the news now...the classified meeting with Congress just finished, their briefing on why this was done.

Those coming out of the meeting said they are NOT satisfied with the explanation from the WH. Plus, they got to see the *proof of life* vid the WH demanded from the Taliban before the transfer of the 5 Gitmo for 1 deserter. The interviews I've seen all said Bergdahl looked perfectly healthy, no distress....and they hope the vid will be declassified for us to see it too.

I predict this will get very ugly very fast.

Des

I have to go away for quite a while after this post.
Happy Crickets... but the more airplay this obvious asset
grab and coverup is going to get the better I'll like it.
A vote for censure of the President is a whole lot easier
than an impeachment: and it's guaranteed to put the brakes
on an out of control exec. branch.. at least for one 24 hr
news cycle anyway. What the hell are they cooking up to
warrant this many chess pieces getting openly sunburned?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
If they chose to put on a search looking for him, why should he be held accountable for the deaths on that search?

He is responsible.

The Army doesn't just let a deserter go running off to the enemy camp to help them out. The search for him wasn't a rescue mission. It was a mission to contain the problem ... neutralize the situation. The Army can call it a rescue mission or a search mission all they want to the public. But the Army HAD to go after him ... and they HAD to try to capture and/or kill the enemies that the deserter was talking to. He was a liability .... The Army had no choice. And the blood of those who went looking for him is indeed on his hands.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
In fairness to the Administration they "just found out he was a deserter on the news with the rest of us". Isn't that the standard Obama defense to his latest screw up?

I really hate Obama and I honestly thought no one could have been worse than Bush. Boy was I wrong.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

and they HAD to try to capture and/or kill the enemies that the deserter was talking to.

That doesnt't seem a little extreme, it's not like the guy had the launch codes. People are too flippant with the value of life these days, even if they are the so called enemy. I probably wouldn't be too happy about an occupying force invading my country for over a decade either.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Obama State Department: Soldiers Are Lying About Bowe Bergdahl

This betrayal and calling those closest to him liars is pretty much the way they're playing it.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Good. I believe the word of the other soldiers over The Bergdahl's anything.

I heard them report on the Rose Garden Presser for the first time today on the radio. Now this.

Glad the real story isn't going to be buried under some Pomp & Circumstance and that these fellas aren't being quiet about how Bowe Bergdahl really ended up for an extended stay with the Haqquani Network.

I also don't buy that he cannot speak English anymore, either.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
If they chose to put on a search looking for him, why should he be held accountable for the deaths on that search?

He is responsible.

The Army doesn't just let a deserter go running off to the enemy camp to help them out. The search for him wasn't a rescue mission. It was a mission to contain the problem ... neutralize the situation. The Army can call it a rescue mission or a search mission all they want to the public. But the Army HAD to go after him ... and they HAD to try to capture and/or kill the enemies that the deserter was talking to. He was a liability .... The Army had no choice. And the blood of those who went looking for him is indeed on his hands.

If that is true, then why the hero's welcome home? And the trade of 5 prisoners, controverting everything about the way we deal with that kind of stuff?

Regardless, i do realize the Army has there policis/SOP. But he didn't give the orders that ended in their death.

ETA: it is all academic, anyway. He is a traitor.
edit on 6/4/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

BFFT...it goes to show, to me at least, how stupid this administration thinks, we the people of America, are.

I've been watching several MSM stations today, the unified word coming out of the WH is....they don't understand why we aren't celebrating a time of joy...

Unbelievable.....

Des

Guess the WH missed the interview with the soldiers who talked about losing fellow soldiers looking for this guys azz and want him to be court-martial and do not think of him as a Hero

Which brings me to the question.....WHY is he being called a hero anyway?
For what purpose?
What did he do that was so great to deserve that title?
Can't really say that it's because he was a prisoner for 5 years, not really, because technically, he was not a POW

Besides, hero's in my opinion are those who sacrifice themselves to help others
So, what did this guy sacrifice????
NOTHING!!

Oh wait....he did sacrifice other peoples lives who went to search for his azz when he decided to take off into the wild blue yonder and desert his post
No, that's not a hero
That's a deserter/traitor

He's a hero to the people who wanted the 5 most dangerous Taliban released from Gitmo.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

This betrayal and calling those closest to him liars is pretty much the way they're playing it.

Who's that wench?
Traitors everywhere.

(post by searching411 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Story You Haven't Heard About Bergdahls Desertion

When he deserted, the Army didn't go on a rescue mission.
They had orders to shoot him if they saw him.
That's how sure they were that he had defected and was aiding the enemy.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

Wow...her attitude
...defensive much? I've never seen a gov spokesperson so visibly perturbed. But I guess that happens when you're cornered with no argumentative leg to stand on.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Oh you mean the same army people that run afghani kids over with tanks, kill innocent civilians in there sleep and insult afghani people to their faces because they cant understand them. I'll be sure to trust their judgements. a reply to: FlyersFan

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join