It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security drops off busloads of undocumented immigrants at Phoenix bus station.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hi.

Have you guys heard about this?

Source: washingtonexaminer.com...

A Greyhound bus station in Phoenix has been turned into a refuge for undocumented immigrants dropped off by the Department of Homeland Security. Local Fox affiliate KSAZ-TV was told by federal officials that the immigrant drop-offs are part of a larger operation. The operation involves moving hundreds of undocumented workers who were detained in Texas to Arizona, because officials in Texas cannot process them all. Immigrants dropped off in Phoenix are supposed to report to a local Immigration and Customs Enforcement office within 15 days of reaching their destination.

This is becoming a big news thing in Arizona. As stated above the people are bussed from Texas to Arizona then released expected to report to I.C.E in 15 days.

Some are being monitored but most are released on their own recognizance.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, a Republican, sent a strongly worded letter to President Obama on Monday in response to the offloading of immigrants in her state, demanding an explanation and help securing the U.S.-Mexico border.

I think Obama selected Arizona because he has a beef with Brewer and Sheriff Joe. lol

Why skip New Mexico?!?

There is a lot about this and it's going to be a big thing before it goes away.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

Perhaps Brewer and Sheriff Joe. should load them again in buses and drop them in front of the white house with tents for overnight stay.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well, that is one hell of a BIG statement to both Brewer and Sheriff Joe, since it's in his county they're doing it. Not only will the feds do whatever they want, but they'll do it right in the faces of elected state and county officials who take great exception to it and..then..they'll go OUT OF THEIR WAY to do it by bringing more from other states, just to make sure the point cannot possibly be missed.

Oh.. This may have interesting results back from Arizona. I'm sure this whole dynamic won't be lost on them.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Immigrants dropped off in Phoenix are supposed to report to a local Immigration and Customs Enforcement office within 15 days of reaching their destination

HAAHAHAHAHAHAH. Seriously?? I am so sure that will happen.

Here's a what-if: What if, rather than busing them all the way to Phoenix, they drive SOUTH and bus them back to MEXICO, since ya know - it's CLOSER.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I think Obama selected Arizona because he has a beef with Brewer and Sheriff Joe. lol

That and left over petty jealousies emanating from Janet Planet Napolitano.

She was the DHS head and jilted former Arizona Governor and former Arizona Attorney General and former Clinton appointed U.S. Attorney for the District of Arizona among other things.

Her axes to grind are still sharp as ever.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If I was Joe, I'd be waiting at the bus station with a HUGE pile of his famous pink undies, and another bus to take them straight to his dessert hotel for a nice little vacation........

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Immigrants dropped off in Phoenix are supposed to report to a local Immigration and Customs Enforcement office within 15 days of reaching their destination

Here's a what-if: What if, rather than busing them all the way to Phoenix, they drive SOUTH and bus them back to MEXICO, since ya know - it's CLOSER.

That'd be stupid. That's be like sending back the slaver ships after they crossed the Atlantic back in the ole days. If the Mexicans aren't gonna work under the table for $2 an hour who will? The blacks already stated they aren't down for it anymore, and still a little bent up about the past.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
First off, I'm an Arizona resident, so I have first hand info on this. I have a family friend that volunteers her time with a group that helps these abandoned immigrants. I'll pass on to you all what you don't hear from any of the media outlets that just copy and paste their stories from other sources . . .

1. - This is not new. This is ICE following the same procedure they do in EVERY state. Yes, this has been happening in EVERY state and has been for quite a while.

2. - The reason this is happening in AZ to the scale it has currently reached is due to a recent influx of Central American families crossing through Texas. Texas Border agents are overwhelmed due to the sheer volume of recent crossings. At the same time, BP in Arizona has seen a 26% drop in "traffic" and have the resources to process these immigrants, so after being detained in Texas they are transferred to Tucson.

3. - ICE policy on those that are detained at border . . .
- BP detains person/family. For those that have relatives or friends that are supposed to be putting them up (physical address), they then get processed by ICE. For those with no contacts here in the U.S. . . . they remained detained, until bused back across the border.
- Those with contacts in the U.S. . . . ICE contacts the contact to make sure they are aware that someone is coming and confirm the U.S. resident is "OK" with them proceeding.
- Once contacts have been confirmed ICE releases the individuals. However, the "release" is nothing more than taking them to the nearest Greyhound trans-con terminal. Basically, ICE drops them off and leave. ICE provides these people with no money, bus ticket, food, water, supplies, etc. They are simply free to carry on.
- Before they are released, they are given an appointment in 15 days to visit their ICE "rep". This rep will always be in the area that their contact is in. If your contact is in NY, your ICE appointment will be in NY . . . even though you were dropped at a bus depot in AZ.

Where this is becoming a problem . . .
All of these immigrants crossed in Texas and almost all of them are heading to the midwest and back east. That's why they crossed at Texas, as it's the closet U.S. crossing point to where they are going.

So now, they are further away from their "contact" locale. Have no money for bus tickets or food.

Good . . . you say. They're illegals anyway. Well, because of the talk of "amnesty", families are sending kids (yes, kids) by themselves to stay with the contact. And those that do come with families . . . well they're still kids.

In the past, my friends group they would get a few calls a week to help those dropped at the depot. These few calls always involved single males . . . sometimes a husband and wife. Very rarely were there kids "stuck" at bus depots across the U.S.

Now, not only are there whole families . . . but, also the lone kids without families. Dropped off 1200 miles from where they were supposed (or thought) they would be.

So, yes . . . crappy thing ICE does. However, they are not doing anything they don't normally do and senile Brewer and any true journalist (does their research) should realize/know this is nothing that hasn't been happening for a long time.

BTW - my friend's group simply takes donations and provides bus tickets to their destinations, food, water, clothing. Again, in the past it was helping out adults who could help themselves somewhat, but now they are seeing hundreds of children.

ETA - the group I'm talking about isn't even a real charity (501c) . . . they work out of a residential garage. Here is a link to an article and newscast from a couple of days ago.
NBC news PHX, AZ

edit on 6/4/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Glen Campbell is gonna have to rewrite his song then, "By the time I get to Phoenix, they'll all be waaiiting" (Well okay,Jimmy Webb)
edit on 4-6-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: solomons path

Something I forgot to add . . .

In all of the media reports they make it seem as if the migrants are supposed to meet with "local" ICE rep. However, what they don't say is that the ICE rep is not "local" to where they are being dropped, but "local" to where they are supposed to be going (FL, NY, IL, Ark . . . whatever).

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

My God this is messed up. I am still working out my wife's immigration status a year after starting the process. This year has been hell for my family after being separated this whole time. I have had to drop everything and take a working vacation in mexico for the last 2 months almost just to be near them since my kid was starting to have discipline issues among others.

It's been hell and we are still not done. We will probably have to be here for 2 more months.

I am asking myself : why the hell didn't I just say screw the law. No one respects it. I know people who could have gotten my wife all her
paperwork for a couple grand. It would have been cheaper.I wouldn't mind owing these people a favor. There is no point in doing the right thing apparently. Why the hell did I respect the laws of my country when illegals don't have to?

edit on 6 4 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Well, I'd suggest it might be because you're a decent person and doing the right thing for yourself is as important if not more so than doing it for the 'law's' sake.

Just an idea to throw out there.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Yeah maybe, but its a double standard. These people should have to wait like the rest of us. If I don't have the right as a citizen to have my wife to just take a plane and be with me then they shouldn't be given special treatment as non citizens.

What the hell is happening to this country?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Yeah maybe, but its a double standard. These people should have to wait like the rest of us. If I don't have the right as a citizen to have my wife take a plane and be with me as a citizen then they shouldn't be given special treatment.

The influx of kids/families is due to the talk of amnesty. Word spread pretty quickly around the CentAm countries (not Mexico, as much as Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, etc.) that the amnesty "cut off" would happen soon. Meaning, if they wanted to get their kids out of CentAm, they better send them north pretty quick.

Apparently, there are thousands of children a day trying to or actually entering Texas, up from CentAm.

I'm not sure what our "leaders" thought would happen once they started talking about an actual date of residence being established for amnesty.

When it comes to logistics, nobody is going to confuse the U.S.G. with UPS!!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Of course they knew what would happen. I mean, literally, THEY knew what would happen. 1986 showed that. The Reagan Amnesty plan did the same thing and these are many of the same people. Have a look.

1986 was roughly 28 years ago. So...We'll look at the numbers and... 25 Members of the House with 12 Members of the Senate were not only in Congress, but were in those same specific offices at the time that Amnesty thing happened.

They welcomed the wave being granted amnesty and business awaited the next wave of illegals to come after it settled to re-staff the positions the new citizens wouldn't work down to anymore. Unemployment was about the same between then and now, too. HIstory repeats.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Sorry . . . I should have added an emoticon or something like this:

[Sarcasm]

I'm not sure what our "leaders" thought would happen once they started talking about an actual date of residence being established for amnesty.

When it comes to logistics, nobody is going to confuse the U.S.G. with UPS!! - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[/Sarcasm]

I guess putting the word "leaders" in quotes wasn't quite enough.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Sorry if that seemed personal. Not meant to be at all. I was making the point as much for the thread as anything and certainly not disagreeing with your overall point.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Yeah maybe, but its a double standard. These people should have to wait like the rest of us. If I don't have the right as a citizen to have my wife to just take a plane and be with me then they shouldn't be given special treatment as non citizens.

I agree with you whole heartedly. I can't tell you how many times I have stood up for people like you and your family. You are having them come here through the proper channels and with great respect for our laws. Illegals seem to be catered to on every level and it is a slap in the face to citizens and to those coming here the right way!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

That'd be stupid. That's be like sending back the slaver ships after they crossed the Atlantic back in the ole days. If the Mexicans aren't gonna work under the table for $2 an hour who will? The blacks already stated they aren't down for it anymore, and still a little bent up about the past.

Not sure if you got the memo, but uh, there ain't no jobs here. I don't know what $2 an hour jobs you're referring to.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

... In its new estimates, the government said as many as 60,000 children, mostly from Central America, could be caught this year trying to cross the Mexican border illegally, costing the U.S. more than $2.28 billion to house, feed and transport the children to shelters or reunite them with relatives already living in the United States. The new estimate is about $1.4 billion more than the government asked for in Obama's budget request sent to Congress earlier this year.

The number of children found trying to cross the Mexican border without parents has skyrocketed in recent years. Between 2008 and 2011, the number of children landing in the custody of Refugee Resettlement fluctuated between 6,000 and 7,500 per year. In 2012 border agents apprehended 13,625 unaccompanied children and that number surged even more -- to 24,668 -- last year. The total is expected to exceed 60,000 this year.

Brian Deese, deputy director of the budget office, said the Homeland Security Department would also need an extra $166 million to help pay overtime costs for Customs and Border Protection officers and agents, contract services for care of the children and transportation costs.

www.foxnews.com...

Billions of Federal dollars spent on illegals while our own poor citizens and veterans struggle and suffer!

The numbers of illegals over the years is astounding and un-acceptable. There is something seriously wrong in other Country's for their people to be so high in numbers coming here and something had better be done and soon!
edit on 5-6-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join