It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Jesus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

No mention of Said titles of the triune Formula... Only his name...
Jesus was establishing himself as that "son of God" that people were expecting at that time.
"It's me! I am the one!" he has to say, so of course that shows up more than what had already been generally accepted.

edit on 18-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

No mention of Said titles of the triune Formula... Only his name...
Jesus was establishing himself as that "son of God" that people were expecting at that time.
"It's me! I am the one!" he has to say, so of course that shows up more than what had already been generally accepted.

The point being... Everything was "in his name"... The same with Paul, everything in the name of Jesus Christ...

No one used the Father, son, spirit... excluding one instance which is suspicious because no one seemed to follow it...

On the other hand if he actually said "in my name" as he had been saying all along... Everyone followed it...

It doesn't make sense that he would suddenly change the formula... and no one payed attention to it...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

No one used the Father, son, spirit... excluding one instance which is suspicious because no one seemed to follow it...
I just quoted six people who did use it before Nicaea.
So I don't know what you are going on about.
And I already said that the New Testament is not a chronicle of what they did.
There was a tradition, and that was the purpose of the Apostles.
We have hardly anything on paper that has survived from that time, so you are asking for the impossible, then sitting back pretending that it proves your point.
Well, it doesn't and you have forsaken the Bible, so you have no ground to argue from and your words are lost to the wind.
edit on 19-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

Well I couldn't have forsaken the bible... since I read it on the regular...

Nor could I have forsaken the trinity since I've never accepted it to begin with... theres just no evidence of its teaching within the New testament...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
Arnt there stories of Jesus as a child killing a boy with magic?

Aren't there stories that the moon landings didn't happen or that airplane contrails are chemtrails?

The story that Jesus killed a boy accidentally and then also raised him back from the dead afterwards, appeared more than 180 years after the death of Jesus in a work called "The Infancy Gospel of Thomas". This gospel was written originally in Latin, not Greek (all the earlier Gospels and letters were written in Greek). Analysis of the text does not indicate that it was translated from either Syraic or Greek. Later texts were translated to Greek from Coptic. The writer also seems to have been ignorant of Jewish life and customs.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Well I couldn't have forsaken the bible... since I read it on the regular...
You don't accept its testimony.

Nor could I have forsaken the trinity since I've never accepted it to begin with... there's just no evidence of its teaching within the New testament...
Dido on the above comment.

What part exactly does not show up in the New Testament?
God?
Jesus?
The Holy Spirit?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You don't accept its testimony.

No.. not all of it...

Dido on the above comment.

What part exactly does not show up in the New Testament?
God?
Jesus?
The Holy Spirit?

Its not a matter of them showing up... just showing up in terms of a trinity...

Which as I've been saying... simply doesn't happen... aside from what doesn't belong there in the first place

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

... aside from what doesn't belong there in the first place
And your arguments for that opinion have been thoroughly destroyed.
So all you are left with is an irrational fear of the word "trinity".

edit on 19-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I don't know about that one...

Theres no reason why Jesus would suddenly start saying "Father, son, and holy spirit" when he never mentioned them all in the same verse before... also considering the known "tampering" with scriptures by pro trinity scribes...

And Considering the lack of evidence for this "formula", and the abundant evidence for the use of the passage as Eusebius uses it... that being "in my name"... I would say it quite the opposite of "destroyed"

edit on 19-6-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Theres no reason why Jesus would suddenly start saying "Father, son, and holy spirit" when he never mentioned them all in the same verse before..
"Sudden" would describe the coming about of the situation where Jesus returns to his disciples after ascending to Heaven to get the authority to pass to the Apostles with empowerment to found and spread the church.
If you wanted to stick with only what he said earlier, the church would be composed of Jews living within the old Israel borders.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join