It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Jesus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

Jesus Christ was NEVER tempted by Judas Iscariot. Is that a serious statement? Jesus knew that Judas was a snake and a devil from the very beginning. John 6:70-71 states...

70 Then Jesus replied, “Have I not chosen you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is a devil!” 71 (He meant Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot, who, though one of the Twelve, was later to betray him.)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeChakra
However God amd Jesus are still responsible for many deaths
And may I ask why people always depict Jesus as a white man when he was infact middle eastern

Those were Renaissance painters who were using those who commissioned the paintings and paid for them as models in the paintings.

We all know that Jesus was not blond with blue eyes. Blame the Renaissance painters for that. And by the way, Michaelangelo's David isn't circumcised either.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

Jesus was tempted to save judas by doing violence to judas will, to become a worldly king, to curse judas and to not love him.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Nonsense...

He was tempted to not love eh...

Are you seriously so consumed by proving the OT God was not evil that you're trying to tell everyone Jesus was violent?

Sigh..
edit on 5-6-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I called it on the first page...This guy doesnt want to debate religion he wants people to blindly accept his views.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

did you not read the thread?

foolishness... Read the thread before you post

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

i replied to you with understanding, you do not even talk about the topic. Discuss religion and politics elsewhere because this thread discusses spirituality.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

I actually read the Law of One all the way through because I heard a lot of good about it.

It was mostly about the physical world though, and a sort of sensual spirituality.

I read it with an open mind, although the doctrine caused the main questioner to shoot himself in the head before the work was complete.

It was channeling some space entity using ritual magick.

I do not trust any spirituality that leads a man to insanity and to kill himself.

St. James says, "But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace."

-James 3:13

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: backcase

did you not read the thread?

foolishness... Read the thread before you post

Actually I did read the OP but mistook you for someone else... my bad

But none the less there are no writings in the gospels that seem to induce violence... There is a few parables that some may think are about violence but that is simply a lack of understanding on that persons part..

Violence is purely physical... though one can do harm to the spirit through hatred, fear and indifference

Perhaps even through incorrect interpretation... such as he doctrine of "hell" and eternal damnation

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

it is said in the tao: 'once i begin to believe that i have no worthy opponent i have forfeited all of my treasures'.

what do you think of the battle of the spirit which i have elucidated for you and many in my OP?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeChakra
However God amd Jesus are still responsible for many deaths
And may I ask why people always depict Jesus as a white man when he was infact middle eastern

Jesus and god are responsible for many deaths, this is quite true
No different from a judge handing down a death sentence to some one who has committed a crime that they are responsible for.
Its not Gods will that humanity chooses evil, though He will judge according to the law.

As for why Jesus is depicted as a European white man, I have no idea, religion for some reason likes to confuse humanity.
I bet the anti christ will look like the "Jesus" we see in the anglo image?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

it is said in the tao: 'once i begin to believe that i have no worthy opponent i have forfeited all of my treasures'.

what do you think of the battle of the spirit which i have elucidated for you and many in my OP?

I find no treasure in opponents... and have none here except those that make one of me...

I've already stated my issues with the OP, but other then what has been said you are correct...

there is a war of the spirit... though I often wonder whos on which side

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It is not that the opponent is the treasure, but that the treasure we have must be guarded.

As for the 'doctrine of hell,'

I think that you are a fool for not thinking that hell exists when it is obvious that the world is full of demons. Do you think that they will ascend to the Altar? God forbid it!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

ironic...

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

By the way, I've never seen a demon... only selfish people...

Which doesn't make someone demonic...

edit on 11-6-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

That's Jesus!

When Jesus returns Jesus will be in the past.

The agenda will not change!

But the means to make it happen will!

Something to chew on!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I call just about everyone fool, although in your case I do mean it.

I have seen demons, I have seen them dance in front of me, and scoff at all things pure.

Whoever does not perceive satan is so close to him as to think he does not exist.

I do not condemn you by saying such, I say what I know of, and I say it for your consideration.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PrebelShotme

The Holy Spirit and its means will not be forgotten. The weapons of the Spirit have not ceased to exist. Read Acts of the Apostles.

We are able to be as the saints are.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I call just about everyone fool, although in your case I do mean it.

I have seen demons, I have seen them dance in front of me, and scoff at all things pure.

Whoever does not perceive satan is so close to him as to think he does not exist.

I do not condemn you by saying such, I say what I know of, and I say it for your consideration.

Well for your consideration then...

IF you see demons, you might have more problems then you realise...

IF demons exist, they fear me... and do not show themselves...

Possible result of your trinity?

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble
There is (exists) one (person), God (by name).

It isn't talking about how many gods there are, it is saying that there is a God.
It is just a slightly idiomatic phrasing.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeChakra

Please, tell me - Where is Jesus responsible for any deaths?

It is man who uses God's name in war since A.D.

In the Old Testament, before The Word became flesh, God gave man chance after chance. In the OT if God started war/calamity He had reason. He gave up His Son (God Himself in the flesh) and since the Death of Jesus, every war, or senseless killings etc. etc. was/is by the hands of man (by deception of the evil one) using God as the reason. Know why Christ came to earth before making bold accusations.

If we have no knowledge of The Almighty God, don't speak out. We cannot fathom God.

Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent. Prov 17:28

I am so tired of hearing about wars in The Name of God. These wars are caused by man who's fallen off the narrow path. That Jesus said, pray for your enemy, is clear not to fight. Turn the other cheek. Humility. To forgive, as He did by being brutally killed. Still, He said - Father, forgive them. They do not know what they do.

Yet, people blame God for being guilty for the deaths of millions. It is man to blame.

War is to come. When Christ returns.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join